You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

An accurare appraisal of English football this year

redheart

Why cheer for either?

Do you take sides in every cup final?

In every football match?

Laughing at United losing the title is fucking pathetic as we weren't anywhere near a challenge and wont be for a fucking long time.

Spastic and deluded small time fans.

I'm as depressed an anyone with where we are at.

But I am slightly less depressed that they are not going on about number 20 this morning.

Yeah. Mentioned this in the "match thread" yesterday. Embarrassing and small-time. There's no way I'm cheering some Arabs buying a title for some shithouse Mancs.

So you'd rather have American's buying the title for the other set of mancs? Or a Russian billionaire buying it for the chavs?

Get real.Everybody buys the title nowadays,just like we're hoping our American owners do.

So you'd rather have American's buying the title for the other set of mancs? Or a Russian billionaire buying it for the chavs?

Get real.Everybody buys the title nowadays,just like we're hoping our American owners do.

They won't.

And yes, I suppose that it's all "bought", but the scale of how Arab City and Chelsea did it has been nauseating

Guest Pistonbroke

Each to their own i say. I was personally over the moon when the scum dipped out in the dying seconds of the season. It has nothing to do with trying to make myself feel better because of our poor season, i hate the red mancs with a fucking passion. It isn't small time at all, it is how some of us have been brought up on football and witnessed that shitty club and its scum fans for the best part of 40 years.

Guest davelfc

If everyone got a billion to spend it might be fair. Of course success attracts players, because they enjoy having little silver or gold medals at the end of their careers for some strange reason.

Say what you like about the shithouse mancs, they may have sold their souls to the devil, they might have merchandised all that they could, but without success you don't sell much worldwide. Their success and merchandising put them in a strong position until somebody realised you can avoid all that if you just throw more money at it than they can afford.

For me yesterday was a sad day for football, cheats on a massive (billion) scale won the league, ok on goal difference. But don't kid yourself, they bought it. They were so desperate to win it (their fans) that they will ignore that part, and fair enough. But I'd hate to win it that way, yes you would have won it but it would be hollow.

I suppose the world has changed, cheating is the new winning.

If everyone got a billion to spend it might be fair. Of course success attracts players, because they enjoy having little silver or gold medals at the end of their careers for some strange reason.

Say what you like about the shithouse mancs, they may have sold their souls to the devil, they might have merchandised all that they could, but without success you don't sell much worldwide. Their success and merchandising put them in a strong position until somebody realised you can avoid all that if you just throw more money at it than they can afford.

For me yesterday was a sad day for football, cheats on a massive (billion) scale won the league, ok on goal difference. But don't kid yourself, they bought it. They were so desperate to win it (their fans) that they will ignore that part, and fair enough. But I'd hate to win it that way, yes you would have won it but it would be hollow.

I suppose the world has changed, cheating is the new winning.

Would you be saying the same if we had Arab owners I wonder?

Its not cheating but its not fair either. Its impossible not see a massive dose of irony passed on to the fuckers that started all this 'greed is good' football era by its neighbours yesterday and for that reason i danced around the living room when Aguero scored that injury time goal yesterday.

Guest davelfc
Would you be saying the same if we had Arab owners I wonder?

Its not cheating but its not fair either. Its impossible not see a massive dose of irony passed on to the fuckers that started all this 'greed is good' football era by its neighbours yesterday and for that reason i danced around the living room when Aguero scored that injury time goal yesterday.

I would have already handed my season tickets back. I've said this since chelsea started to cheat. Of course if we all get billionaire owners that will spunk a billion on players then all is fair again.

I celebrated nothing yesterday, we lost and finished 8th.

I would be laughing my head off, and cheering like a loon if United had fallen from grace and lost the Johnson Paint Trophy!

I fucking hate them, and it was funny yesterday. Had City won in normal time then it would have been a bit meh! But they didn't, it was fucking great. laughing at other teams is part of being a football fan.

Guest davelfc
I would be laughing my head off, and cheering like a loon if United had fallen from grace and lost the Johnson Paint Trophy!

I fucking hate them, and it was funny yesterday. Had City won in normal time then it would have been a bit meh! But they didn't, it was fucking great. laughing at other teams is part of being a football fan.

It's a little bit everton though isn't it? I mean if you're not good enough to have won the Johnson Paint Trophy then why laugh that hard at a team that made the final (for example)

Yes banter and of course laugh, but celebrating? We have little to celebrate, we didn't win the title and the team we are laughing at missed it by 60 seconds, how I'd have loved to be in their position.

It's a little bit everton though isn't it? I mean if you're not good enough to have won the Johnson Paint Trophy then why laugh that hard at a team that made the final (for example)

Yes banter and of course laugh, but celebrating? We have little to celebrate, we didn't win the title and the team we are laughing at missed it by 60 seconds, how I'd have loved to be in their position.

I think that would be if we started sppreading rumours about Scholes getting a 16 year old knocked up or Fletcher's missus riding a bouncer (aka "Pancake") or the like. I have no problem with Everton laughing at us when we lose. It's the posionous rumours and lies that gets me.

Come off it!

It is United losing a championship in 'fergie time'! The irony is delicious. I would laugh at United losing the Johnson Paint Trophy if we were playing the Champions league final the week later. It is part and parcel of having rivals, if we start singing about our rivals when we are playing Wigan then fine criticise us for becomming like United or Everton, until then revelling in their misery is fucking brilliant.

I don't think Liverpool fans went out to celebrate their loss, nor did they have a drink on City, but they thoroughly enjoyed it. Nobody jumped up when City went 1 nill up, but when they scored the 3rd the away end was made up.

Except some old cunt, who refused to accept the scoreline because his mate hadn't sent a text to him!

Yes. The day I can't enjoy the mancs missing out on the league (especially the way it happened today!) is the day football is dead for me.

I hate those cunts with a passion.

The day I laugh at Utd missing out on the title, is the day I laugh at us being the ones that won it.

I fucking hate the Mancs and love them losing even a friendly, so I'm not bothered if some internet hardmen disapprove of me enjoying them missing out on a title.

I reckon we've actually outed a few Manc posters on this thread in all honesty. I fail to see how any Liverpool fan couldn't raise a smile at their hopes being dashed in the middle of their celebrations, even if we'd been relegated.

i jumped up when aguero's goal went in and shoted 'yes' very fucking loud. i didn't smile i was just fucking chuffed that taggart and them fucking cunts didn't get number 20 and that it was all the more heartbraking for them with it being fergie time.

couldn't give a fuck who won it, city bought it etc but i was happy the other lot didn't win.

just like 95 when redknapp scored half the kop was fucking quiet as we realised we could have just handed them the title. then watching kenny when the news came through that west ham had held the cunts, the place went bananas.

but no because of that i'm a fucking small time fan? bad dickhead closet mancs on here. either that or people just looking for an argument

Im not looking for an argument, and Im not a closet manc. I very rarely voice an opinion on football on this forum because of how I see people getting jumped on for it.

This thread is like others I've seen in the past where people delight in Utds defeats and they got called out for being small time about it. I agreed, and thought it was safe to do so in this instance.

Clearly I was wrong, and no matter what opinion you hold, you are a bad dickhead.

We need to get our own house in order and OTT gloating is out of order until we're competing at the same level but of course we can enjoy their misfortune just as they would and do enjoy ours. They do set themselves up for it let's be honest...

But, after United's 2-0 win over Swansea on Sunday, United manager Sir Alex Ferguson told fans at Old Trafford this weekend could mark "the biggest celebration of our lives".

He also suggested relegation-threatened Rangers, managed by former Manchester City boss Mark Hughes, would not lack motivation to ruin the leaders' party plans.

They won't.

And yes, I suppose that it's all "bought", but the scale of how Arab City and Chelsea did it has been nauseating

It is so depressing for us all that we are not challenging for the title,but to have a preference for United over City,as a Liverpool supporter disturbs me.

Your anti arab stance is a little bit simple,nothing new there.

It is not inconceivable that those"arabs",a generic term which does nothing but highlight your ignorance,may have decided to buy our club under different circumstances.

If it had happened would you be so outraged that you would support another club?.I would like to think not.