You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny will still be here, just in a different role.

It wont be because of resuts or lack of, more to do with the Suarez affair and the handling of.

Suarez is probably gone too.

Chartered Trust arent happy they received considerable grief at their AGM meeting about financing our club and FSG are keen to clean the decks of all involved to appease the and any other sponsors who may be watching.

All will become more clear on Monday.

Surely this is a wind up? I'd find this difficult to believe.

If FSG replaced Kenny for purely footballing reasons I wouldn't like but could probably live with it. Replacing Kenny because one of our sponsors doesn't like the way he handled a strictly non-footballing issue would be unacceptable. Manager backs one of his players shock! Perhaps if they'd taken control of the situation rather than leaving it to our manager it might have been a more palatable outcome for them. The noise from both the US and our senior executives was deafening throughout the situation.

In Kenny, Rafa we trust. Just not Roy again.

Wish people would stop using this "sentiment" line. It's not that. It's the fact that we've played some decent football this year, won a cup, lost in the final of another, he needs to be allowed a chance to have another summer and another season with the players he brought in. It's got fuck all to do with sentiment, it's just common sense.

And while we're at it, can people stop bringing up Hodgson, it's absolutely not the same. Hodgson was a whopper who didn't defend his own players and said that results like draws away to Birmingham were decent results. He had a small-time mentality, Kenny's all about the club. Sick of these two lines.

If you want Kenny to go, fine, I can understand that people are unnerved by the transfer issues and fear that something similar could set us back even further, I get that, but it's got nothing to do with sentiment wanting him to stay another year.

Cracking post that, mate.

Cracking post that, mate.

Good post and points but a point missed is ,would you if you ran a buisness trust him to spend your cash.Bottom line is, me personally no after the players that have been brought in i cannot see them sanctioning another round of buys by kenny dalglish.So you cannot have someone part of your buisness that you do not trust 100%,i think he will be replaced

Good post DR.

EDIT : Didn't that Standard Charter AGM rumour appear on only one site, without any other reports or documentation to back it up. If we really were to let shirt sponsors dictate who the manager and transfers were we'd be in big trouble.

I do want him to stay another year and be given money.

However, let's not Kid ourselves, it's a plan with massive risks for the future of this club.

Bringing in some unspecified flavour of the month with no feeling for the club, on the other hand, is full of win.

Remember how many people wanted Andre Villas Ball-less?

This idea that sentiment has no place in football is a great argument for it's exponents fucking off and supporting one of the Manc clubs anyway.

What's wrong? All about winning isn't it?

Yes it is. That's the mentality that we have as a club. Have always had. Ask shankly, case or st John

We exist to win trophies and this mewling, mawkish sentimentality is what has made us a laughing stock.

I admit that my devotion to Kenny is almost entirely sentimental, but one more season - at best - is what we can offer to LFC staff who fail. I dont care who they are

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I see those saying that the people who want Kenny to stay are only being sentimental.

How about the those stating they want Rafa back. That my friends is sentimentality.

For those that want him gone, tough shit he's for another year at the very least.

Kenny>Rafa

Rafa is a proven, world class manager. No need for sentimentality.

Good post and points but a point missed is ,would you if you ran a buisness trust him to spend your cash.Bottom line is, me personally no after the players that have been brought in i cannot see them sanctioning another round of buys by kenny dalglish.So you cannot have someone part of your buisness that you do not trust 100%,i think he will be replaced

It's a different point to the one I was making.

Guest San Don
Is this the same Chelsea who won the FA Cup, are in the CL Final, and have won three titles in the last seven years?

Our league campaign was amongst the most abject in modern times despite spending £100m - not sentiment?

Now I happen to agree that Kenny should stay and see out his contract for the next two years, but not because i believe he is "the right man" but because he is the least worst option.

However the departures of Bruckner, Comolli and Cotton suggest that something is afoot - what, I am not quite sure.

Yeah and how much money has that same chelshit club you mention spent on winning those?

Come on then, tell us!

Ignoring all the shite rumours for a second, I think Kenny will pay the price unfortunately. Owners clearly said at the start of the season that 4th was the minimum expectation. This wasn't a difficult possibility and we failed horrifically. On course to finish 10+ point behind fourth place team.

The fact that Comolli and Cotton have been sacked also says it's a case of out of the old and in with the new.

Might be completely wrong of course.

If the club is run primarily to appease sponsors, we're fucked. If Suarez goes, FSG are going to have to do a lot of convincing and would need to replace him with proven world class quality, which we are not in a position to attract.

Really can't see any of it happening, mind.

This idea that sentiment has no place in football is a great argument for it's exponents fucking off and supporting one of the Manc clubs anyway.

Indeed, Zig. Might it not be reasonably argued that "sentiment" is the reason why a person, or more specifically "a football fan", supports and sticks by one football club all their lives?

We haven't won a Championship since 1990. Sentiment is one of the key absolutes that keeps me loyal and steadfastly aligned to Liverpool. Certainly more so than, say, winning the Carling Cup this year, or even (if we had) finishing fourth.

To suggest sentiment should play no part in football significantly contradicts the essential, parochial reason for football's existence.

Kenny deserves another season (and money) to turn around our league results.

If things have not improved drastically in the league next season then I think everybody can concede and conclude that it would be time for him to step aside.

All I will say however is that if this is not to be the course of action by the owners then they had better have something big (and I mean really fucking big) lined up.

Sacking this football clubs biggest living legend (at this moment in time) will not be taken lightly by our fans so be warned chaps.

A kicking for StanChart over Liverpool support

Awkward questions were asked at Standard Chartered’s annual meeting at the Honourable Artillery Company — not about fat-cat pay but about the bank’s sponsorship of Liverpool FC. Why Liverpool, asked one shareholder when as far as he knew the bank had no presence in or links with the city?

Deflecting the question, Standard Chartered chairman Sir John Peace said perhaps the bank should consider appointing Steven Gerrard to the board as a non-executive director but he didn’t think that Standard Chartered would be able to afford him.

Shareholders weren’t so easily fobbed off. Peace was then asked about the bank’s attitude to how Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish had handled the Luis Suarez affair for which the player, a Uruguayan international, had received an eight-match ban for racially abusing Manchester United’s French international Patrice Evra.

How much, asked another shareholder, do you pay Liverpool? The chairman said this was complicated but it worked out very well in highlighting the Standard Chartered brand. Peace made it clear the bank didn’t tolerate racism, naturally.

Sir John added that personally he was glad Liverpool hadn’t qualified for the Champions League next season as the bank’s sponsorship deal would have meant Standard Chartered paying Liverpool more as it was an incentive-based deal.

How bizarre for a sponsor to want its team to do badly.