You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunday night or early next week then I will seriously question what the fuck is going on and what the fuck FSG are thinking.

I've spoken to a few mates who all seem to think he's going to go, The Guardian piece

Uncertainty puts Kenny Dalglish on defensive as Liverpool heads roll | Football | The Guardian

also seems to hint at it too. The fact people seem to think he's going to go has me extremely extremely worried.

FSG need to come out and back him publically, granted mistakes have been made, the Suarez case left a few with egg on their faces and grumbles about relationships but he has to stay

Sack him and we're no better than Chelsea. If we got someone new in and he finished out the top four this time next year to we bin him too?

This is not sentiment, this is believeing that the King should be given another season to get it right, something I firmly believe he can and will do.

Interesting post. My thoughts:

1. I think he will be here next season

2. I think he has demonstrated this season that the game tactically has moved on to another level and he is still setting us up to play like we are still in 1990. Add to this his transfer record has been shockingly poor; anyone who thought Downing was going to transform us is completely deluded. Add Henderson, Adam, and Carroll to that and you see the roots of our disastrous season. Economists speak of an 'Opportunity Cost' the forgone alternatives of your purchasing decisions. It is here that the real cost of this appalling judgment lay, we could have signed a World Class striker for 35 million, and instead we opted for a work in progress. I could go on.

3. Not based on sentiment? Really? In that case Hodgson should have been given 2 full seasons minimum with the full support of the club and the fans. Any other manager of LFC with this season would not be here next season, the only thing that will keep KD in position is pure sentiment and fans blind hope that he won’t fail.

Keep him, and I believe next season will mirror this. His rumoured transfer targets (Bent, Dempsey, Moses) hardly inspire confidence that we will be back challenging. Buy mediocre players and you will have no more than a mediocre team. For the club to move forward, sentiment needs to be replaced with ruthlessness.

1. I think he will be here next season

2. I think he has demonstrated this season that the game tactically has moved on to another level and he is still setting us up to play like we are still in 1990. Add to this his transfer record has been shockingly poor; anyone who thought Downing was going to transform us is completely deluded. Add Henderson, Adam, and Carroll to that and you see the roots of our disastrous season. Economists speak of an 'Opportunity Cost' the forgone alternatives of your purchasing decisions. It is here that the real cost of this appalling judgment lay, we could have signed a World Class striker for 35 million, and instead we opted for a work in progress. I could go on.

3. Not based on sentiment? Really? In that case Hodgson should have been given 2 full seasons minimum with the full support of the club and the fans. Any other manager of LFC with this season would not be here next season, the only thing that will keep KD in position is pure sentiment and fans blind hope that he won’t fail.

Keep him, and I believe next season will mirror this. His rumoured transfer targets (Bent, Dempsey, Moses) hardly inspire confidence that we will be back challenging. Buy mediocre players and you will have no more than a mediocre team. For the club to move forward, sentiment needs to be replaced with ruthlessness.

I wish noncesenseness was a real word because I believe you have provided an opportunity for its first real use.

What Kenny has forgotten about football would take most posters on here a lifetime to learn.

He will be in charge next year and we will do a lot better. Probaly won't win the league but I will bet WaltonReds house that we will qualify for CL.

I can see both sides of the "Kenny stays" debate, but the thing that settles it in his favour is the lack of a clear replacement candidate.

I think the owners will have seen what happened when we sacked Benitez without a replacement lined up; all of a sudden we were stuck looking around as if we were surprised a top manager wouldn't be interested in Liverpool in the state we were in at the time. Things are definitely improved, but I hardly think we're going to get a Klopp-type manager to come here right now, so what does it serve to sack Kenny? For me, if they did that we'd be stuck with the realisation that none of those big name managers are going to come, and we'd end up with someone on the level of Martinez.

2. I think he has demonstrated this season that the game tactically has moved on to another level and he is still setting us up to play like we are still in 1990.

i dont recall us playing much other than 4-4-2 during kennys first spell. i remember molby playing sweeper for a time. this season weve experimented with different formations three centrebacks, five in midfield and one up and yes that old chestnut 4-4-2 which most teams today set up with.

3. Not based on sentiment? Really? In that case Hodgson should have been given 2 full seasons minimum

he would still be there now if the team looked like they were capable of stringing two passes together. if they won a cup and came close in another one. but they went out to northampton at home and it was horrible for 95% of the games he was in charge.

>>Keep him, and I believe next season will mirror this. <<

well i wouldn't be too upset if the team play as well and improved a bit on the finishing side and lets see where it takes us.

three decent signings, a striker a right mid/winger and a centre mid. i wouldnt take too much notice of rumours either.

If anything. I think FSG are giving Kenny the tools to do the job. Who are the two men he probably thought were in the way. Comolli is one. And he had many disagreements with Brukner. Both of those are gone. I think we will see Kenny bring in a new coach this summer.

Guest ShoePiss

Kenny should be here next season for the reason you mention WR. But I don't think FSG need to come out and back him, it's business as usual. He's under contract, carry on.

Give him another season. if 20 of the 33 shots that hit the woodwork had gone in we would be a lot higher in the league than we are. Fine margins folks, fine margins.

One thing that does worry me is some of the bollox he is spouting, apparently this season has been a good season. WTF ??? come on kenny, nobody is going to believe that !!

Our league form has been poor to say the least, we haven't got the results that our performances have deserved on a lot of occasions. That can't just be put down to luck, there's certainly a problem there that needs rectifying.

That said Kenny is right, we've won a trophy and have returned to European football, thats a significant leap from last season. He brought in a lot of young players and should be given another season with them.

I've always had a feeling he was only still here so we still had a manager for those last few games. I think they blame him and Commolli for the transfers.

Let's be honest they are not Abramovich so they can't afford to waste another large amount of cash this summer 'hoping' Kenny gets the transfers right this time.

They did back him, to the tune of 100 million in purchases, a man they probably didn't want in the first place and they got 7th/8th in the league and a league cup (which we scraped past a lower league team to win) for it.

It will be sad but I honestly can't see how he can stay without spending money and I can't see them giving it to him, which is understandable to be fair.

Guest ShoePiss

Weird this, with Rafa it was all logical for me. He shouldn't have been fired because I knew that we wouldn't be able to get anyone better. Unfortunately that turned out to be true with the appointment of turkey neck.

Now we have Kenny, my childhood hero and in fact the only person I've never met that I look up to and idolise. Him coming back has made me feel like it's our club again and I realise it's all sentimental nonsense but I really don't care. I'm happy with the situation. I love that my fucking hero is back at the club and no matter what I'd love him to stay, to stay for as long as he fucking well feels like. He'd never overstay his welcome anyway but that's besides the point for me.

I don't give a fuck about league championships anymore, we're not going to win one under the current structure anyway. FFP? haha behave, we're not going to win the league in the next 10 years, I've been saying this for at least 3 years so maybe 7 ha!

And all you cunts that have been calling the King names and saying he should leave? Haha you've never seen us win a Championship. I have and it was fucking great.

Hope he stays for as long as he wants, couldn't give a fuck where we finish in the league. The club is all ours.

Weird this, with Rafa it was all logical for me. He shouldn't have been fired because I knew that we wouldn't be able to get anyone better. Unfortunately that turned out to be true with the appointment of turkey neck.

Now we have Kenny, my childhood hero and in fact the only person I've never met that I look up to and idolise. Him coming back has made me feel like it's our club again and I realise it's all sentimental nonsense but I really don't care. I'm happy with the situation. I love that my fucking hero is back at the club and no matter what I'd love him to stay, to stay for as long as he fucking well feels like. He'd never overstay his welcome anyway but that's besides the point for me.

I don't give a fuck about league championships anymore, we're not going to win one under the current structure anyway. FFP? haha behave, we're not going to win the league in the next 10 years, I've been saying this for at least 3 years so maybe 7 ha!

And all you cunts that have been calling the King names and saying he should leave? Haha you've never seen us win a Championship. I have and it was fucking great.

Hope he stays for as long as he wants, couldn't give a fuck where we finish in the league. The club is all ours.

^ ^ ^ I like this guy ^^ ^

If someone new comes in, I don't think he'd be sacked for finishing outside of the top four. Not even getting close, not seriously challenging for the entire season despite spending huge sums of money on poor quality players? That's fair enough, that's the same I'd expect from anyone. I'm not going to insult Kenny by treating him like a special case.

The replacement has to be a good one though. I wouldn't be pleased to see, say, Martinez take his place.

I just wonder whether FSG will go for someone younger.

My main worries are that we still have no idea what our preferred first team looks like. Players have been chopped and changed (both in selection and position) all season.

Signings have underwhelmed. Forgetting about overpaying for the moment, the main problem is that they haven't been good enough players.

Both are things that would lead us in the right direction. If Kenny is suddenly going to put those things right, then great.

Kenny Dalglish is planning to strengthen his Liverpool FC side during the summer

by James Pearce, Liverpool EchoMay 12 2012Comments (7) Recommend (2)

inShare

Share on emailShare on print

Kenny Dalglish, Liverpool FC

Read More Kenny Dalglish is planning to strengthen his Liverpool FC side during the summer - Liverpool FC News - Liverpool FC - Liverpool Echo

KENNY DALGLISH insists only fine-tuning is required to his squad this summer in order to make Liverpool FC a force to be reckoned with in the Premier League next season.

The Reds will complete a turbulent campaign when they travel to Swansea City tomorrow but the manager is determined to keep the current crop together.

Free agent Fabio Aurelio will leave but Dalglish says he has no desire to sell anyone as he seeks to complement the talent at his disposal.

“All we want to do is add to the start we’ve made here,” said Dalglish, who signed nine new players during his first year back in the job.

* Read more: Liverpool FC physio Chris Morgan holding cancer fundraising online auction of match-worn LFC memorabilia in honour of Gary Ablett

“With the transfer window opening there will be a bit of business done but that’s the same at every club.

“We sit and talk to the owners throughout the season. We’ve discussed all the possibilities with various parties and been through every option.

“Most of the plans for next season are in place. We just need to get the work done and get on with it.

“We are not looking to move anyone out. The only one who will be leaving is Fabio because his contract is up.

“The transfer market always brings up surprises but what the surprises are going to be I can’t help you because I’m not clairvoyant. But what I can say is that we are not actively looking to move anyone out.

Read More Kenny Dalglish is planning to strengthen his Liverpool FC side during the summer - Liverpool FC News - Liverpool FC - Liverpool Echo

I've always had a feeling he was only still here so we still had a manager for those last few games. I think they blame him and Commolli for the transfers.

Let's be honest they are not Abramovich so they can't afford to waste another large amount of cash this summer 'hoping' Kenny gets the transfers right this time.

They did back him, to the tune of 100 million in purchases, a man they probably didn't want in the first place and they got 7th/8th in the league and a league cup (which we scraped past a lower league team to win) for it.

It will be sad but I honestly can't see how he can stay without spending money and I can't see them giving it to him, which is understandable to be fair.

- This pisses me off, that the first trophy we win in 6 years is dismissed as it was a lower league team in the final. Do we just ignore all the away games, chelsea, stoke & potential league champions defeated en route?

We won one trophy, should have won a second and suffered incredible bad luck this season. I look forward to next season, with the King.

Sack him and we're no better than Chelsea. If we got someone new in and he finished out the top four this time next year to we bin him too?This is not sentiment.

Is this the same Chelsea who won the FA Cup, are in the CL Final, and have won three titles in the last seven years?

Our league campaign was amongst the most abject in modern times despite spending £100m - not sentiment?

Now I happen to agree that Kenny should stay and see out his contract for the next two years, but not because i believe he is "the right man" but because he is the least worst option.

However the departures of Bruckner, Comolli and Cotton suggest that something is afoot - what, I am not quite sure.

I felt really low last week and coming back from Wembley I felt that it might have been the right time to part company. I've thought a lot this week about it and my stance has softened. I think he needs next season. If it doesn't work out then Kenny will know himself.

Kenny Dalglish is planning to strengthen his Liverpool FC side during the summer

by James Pearce, Liverpool EchoMay 12 2012Comments (7) Recommend (2)

inShare

Share on emailShare on print

Kenny Dalglish, Liverpool FC

KENNY DALGLISH insists only fine-tuning is required to his squad this summer in order to make Liverpool FC a force to be reckoned with in the Premier League next season.

The Reds will complete a turbulent campaign when they travel to Swansea City tomorrow but the manager is determined to keep the current crop together.

Free agent Fabio Aurelio will leave but Dalglish says he has no desire to sell anyone as he seeks to complement the talent at his disposal.

“All we want to do is add to the start we’ve made here,” said Dalglish, who signed nine new players during his first year back in the job.

* Read more: Liverpool FC physio Chris Morgan holding cancer fundraising online auction of match-worn LFC memorabilia in honour of Gary Ablett

“With the transfer window opening there will be a bit of business done but that’s the same at every club.

“We sit and talk to the owners throughout the season. We’ve discussed all the possibilities with various parties and been through every option.

“Most of the plans for next season are in place. We just need to get the work done and get on with it.

“We are not looking to move anyone out. The only one who will be leaving is Fabio because his contract is up.

“The transfer market always brings up surprises but what the surprises are going to be I can’t help you because I’m not clairvoyant. But what I can say is that we are not actively looking to move anyone out.

I hope he's just saying that and doesn't really mean it because our midfield is shit. Our midfield needs a complete overhall. We need a quality centre midfielder to partner lucas and two wingers of quality. And ship out downing PLEASE FFS.

Sorry but this post is all wrong.

You dont give a fuck about the league championship anymore? What? That is so pessimistic especially when the owners have only been in place for over 12 months. I think we should wait and see how much we spend this summer and then start pointing the finger. If we dont spend and the stadium issue isnt sorted by this time next season then I would then start considering questioning them. Give them a fucking chance. We have seen by the recent club finances that they had to fork out and pay for the old stadium plans so maybe this is why we never strengthened in January. You cant blame them. Even though everyone was happy an owner come in with a good plans and a project for the club I get the impression people just want a sugar daddy. Its not our style.

They had to make a decision on the stadium and I personally think it was the right decision.

Your outlook on Dalglish is the same as most of us over a certain age. He is idolised and always will be to most of us but this is one of the reasons why the owners were hesitant of making him the manager in the first place. He will always have a massive amount of affection by all of us.

I was fucking made up with Dalglish when he got the job and I am still made up we have him as our manager to a point but I honestly dont think at all he is the long term solution. If the owners have a project long term I think they will want someone younger to take the reigns and I think if soemone is available in the summer they will make that decision. It may upset some fans but I really dont think it will stop them.

Whe you say you dont care were we finish as long as he stays is totally wrong. We need to think more about our club both short and long term and not just be idolising individuals.

Dalglish will always be loved by all of us and IF he goes it will be horrible to see but I personally think it might be the best solution if we need to move forward.

And you mention that cunts are calling him names? Havent seen any of that?