You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Czech's v Holland

Hermes

Brilliant game. I was more emotionally involved in that than any of the England games.

Milan was awesome, and I still say we should try and sign Tomas Rosicky whether Gerrard goes or not.

Anyone else openly supporting the Czechs in this tournament?

Well, actually in most of the games he did. Houllier wouldn't play him because he was too direct. He was kept out by Emile, explain that one.

No he didn't, he put in plenty of running but often found himself running into corners and didn't have half the impact he has had for the Czechs.

He was better for us at the beginning of the season.

No he didn't, he put in plenty of running but often found himself running into corners and didn't have half the impact he has had for the Czechs.

At the beginning of the season? He broke his ankle after about 3 games, when he came back he done well and was then dropped. Ged moaned about him not being available for most of the season and then didn't play him when he was, he also played a player in his place whom he planned to sell......baffled me!

And Milans direct running with the ball last season wasn't as productive for us because most of our players were still in our own half, unlike the Czechs who attack as a team and defend as a team!

It doesent explain Houlliers motives for choosing other

players ahead of Baros.

The only explenation i can think of is the oné of pride, meaning money paid for Heskey compared to that of Baros.

Anyone else openly supporting the Czechs in this tournament?

Yes. I was watching that game not as a mutual, and it was fucking awesome. I was really down when Holland went 2 up... but full credit to the Czechs.... Best game of attacking football I have ever seen apart from the original 4-3 vs Newcastle...and I was nearly as emotional at the end as well!!

Nedved is absolute class, and for me is only 2nd to Zidane in the worlds best midfielders. Milan was fantastic, and if anyone doubts the boys ability they have severe mental problems! I would honestly start him ahead of Owen on that kind of form, and he will only get better if he is given a full season of football.... I think him and Cisse would be a dream partnership. I don't want to sound disrespectfull to Micheal, as he has carried the team in terms of goals for a long time now, but I think we should have sold him at X-mas, although he is a great player who doesn't get the respect he deserves from a lot of fans.

Anyone else impressed with the young lad Heinz.... he was awesome, and swung the momentum in the Czechs favour. Jankulovski is ace as well, as is pretty much the whole team

They have a great chance, and I will be supporting them all the way.

Baros for tournaments top scorer.... him and Smicer and all our players must be playing extra hard to impress Rafa....

Give Smicer a new contract.... he is good coming off the bench....

Gotta love the elaborate celebrations at the end as if they had won the whole thing...

One last point..... Loved seeing Ruud crying at the end. He was shite, and was his cheating self as usual... his goal was a joke....... Ruud you are a total twat, and I love seeing the egomaniacs of Holland getting crushed...

THE CZECHS ARE ACE!!!!!!!!!!!

That was one of the most enjoyable games i've ever watched. I've been waiting for this tournament to start for so long, just for games like that.

The quality of football overall in the games has been average but tonight was a dream.

Agree totally with MLB, I was going nuts when the Czechs scored and i'd love to see them win it. It's so refreshing to see a team that plays football the right way and always looks to win games. The Czech's are the Arsenal of the International scene.

As for Milan he was fantastic, and if Benitez can build a strong side then he'll cause havoc up front. What a selection headache he's got - Owen, Cisse and Baros fighting for two places. Happy days.

As for Milan he was fantastic, and if Benitez can build a strong side then he'll cause havoc up front. What a selection headache he's got - Owen, Cisse and Baros fighting for two places. Happy days.

And with Sinama-Pongo waiting in the wings... tasty...... nice having some positives mentioned on this board again after a depressing few days!

definately following the Czechs you cant argue with that gut feeling and that "rush" you get when your team scores.Actually caught me by surprise getting that "rush" watching Milan and Vladi playing today.Compare that to the indifference that swept over me during Englands games.Up until tonite i felt like i was wathing a big event but through a glass window,when the rest of the country was inside watching it, as i could nt get involved

Yep, supporting the Czechs too, although I'm a Norwegian!! Have been supporting England in the big tournaments, as our national side (up until recently at least) has been playing discustingly boring football!!

A lot of my interest in the Czechs lies in the Liverpool connection (Berger, Smicer and now Baros), but most importantly, they are "my" team when playing Pro Evolution Soccer (Playstation 2)!!! At my old football club we used to have big ps2 tournaments,- and I was given the Czechs when we were drawn to each have one of the national sides. This was 4 years ago, and my bond with the Czechs is getting tighter by the hour... Go Vladi and Milan (Koller is of course the big star in virtual world, give him a cross and he'll smash it through the net with a header...) !!!

PS! I'm only 30 years old...

The Czechs movement and workrate put most clubsides to shame. I've only seen Arsenal work so hard to support the man on the ball like that in the last year. It's no wonder that style brings out the best in a player like Baros.

You have to wonder why GH signed him. He so obviously admires football like that, but equally obviously fears playing it. Anyway, at least he's our player and we've now got a manager who favours that style of aggressive, hard working, attacking football. I can't wait to see Milan used properly for us next season.

Also, controversial as it may be, and great though he is, I'm starting to wonder if we haven't had the best out of Michael. His pace is clearly diminished and I wonder if he can ever be as effective for us again, considering his inconsistent first touch and fitness record. Maybe we should cash in now, given his contractual situation.

Cash in on our top scorer of the last 7 seasons and former European footballer of the year who is still only 24 years old? We should be doing everything we can to keep him at the club.

I can't believe the criticism he's had during this tournament. The truth is that he's been marked unbelieveably tightly. He's still the best English striker by a mile. I hate England, but I now hope that Michael scores the goals that take them to the final, just to shut a few people up.

Anyone else impressed with the young lad Heinz.... he was awesome, and swung the momentum in the Czechs favour. Jankulovski is ace as well, as is pretty much the whole team

Definitely. He's been excellent in both matches coming off the bench - looks like the Nedved of the future. Anyone know who he plays for?

Also, agree with you about giving Vladi a new contract. I've always thought he's a useful player to have around, and he'll probably fit into the side really well under Benitez.

Noel, don't get me wrong, he's a class act. However, I think there are long-standing doubts about his fitness and he has said himself that he's not as fast as he was.

Despite the fact that his whole game has been based around pace, I still think he's clever enough to adapt. However, it is the contract situation that worries me the most. I just think we need to start next season without any unpleasant timebombs ticking away in the background. The last thing we need is to lose Gerrard and then have a year of constant newspaper speculation about Michael, which will be inevitable if he does anything other than agree a new four or five year deal. The one year extention that's been mentioned would just exascerbate the situation and portray the club in a negative light at a time when we are seeking to move forward with a bit of optimism again.

I think life under Benitez should start with a clean slate; ie, anyone who isn't 100% committed to Liverpool should go now, so we can move forward together. I'd love Michael Owen to fully commit himself to the cause. However, if he doesn't, we should cash in and invest the money in players who want to give everything to returning Liverpool to the top.

That's not a criticism of Michael; just an acknowledgement of the fact that he has not signed a new contract, has lost a lot of pace and is injury prone. If he's going to go, I'd sooner it was now so we can realise some real money for him and have any unpleasant decisions made before the season starts, because we can't afford any more distractions.

Next year has to be all about the title, not Steven Gerrard or Michael Owen being unhappy at Liverpool.

Meelan looked awesome last night.

A quick word on Vladi too though. I've always had a sneaking suspicion he could be a good player for us. In pre-season last year I thought he linked well with Harry and looked like he was enjoying playing with him. Would love to see him succeed under Benny. We've had too many wasted talents under GH.

Its' defo the Czech Republic for me (although replica shirts are quite hard to come by?). Cant see the point in supporting next year's Chelsea squad.

The "young lad" Heinz is 27 in August, a has-BEAN maybe. He plays for Banik Ostrava.

27 in August!!! Whoops!! I'm sure I heard a commentator say he was only 20 or something........ oh well BBC and ITV talk crap most of the time anyway.

Still he looks a good, as does the whole Czech midfield.

All the Dutch players "can't believe" how they lost the game. Fair enough, they were probably good for a point, but I'm so glad those egomaniacs lost and a true team won.... Could you imagine the Dutch squad celebrating together in such a genuine way if they had won the game. No. The Czechs have a great team spirit, and are impossible to dislike. Even Poborsky, who I used to hate... now i think he is awesome! - Maybe something to do with the fact that he finally got a hair cut.

Rosicky indeed looks a very good player. Runs with the ball at his feet very well, good vision and a great shot. What a dream it would be to have Nedved though... wasn't he considering leaving Juve!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just saw the picture of Ruud crying after the game..... Fantastic. He is such a cheating scumbag. And he is also a horse.

To sum up my feelings for the Czechs, I watched England win on Thursday in a pub full of people cheering but hardly felt anything myself, but I was jumping all around my living room last night as if I was watching Liverpool when those goals went in. You can't fake those feelings and I really hope Milan fires them all the way to the trophy (paying for most of my season ticket in the process!).

As for Rosicky, I'd only ever thought of him as simply an attacking midfielder in the Smicer mould but was most impressed by his work rate and tracking back to help the defence last night. I hadn't seen that side of his game before and I'd love to see him sign for us now.

It was 1.45 a.m. in Thailand when the game started but I hardly fell asleep. Yeah it was upset to saw the Czech conceeded those 2 goals so early. The 2nd one particularly because it was scored by that horse after he was in an offside position. Cheat twat.

As for the 3 goals, I wished I could celebrate as much as you guys did. Unfortunately my wife was sleeping beside me (it was 3.30 when the game ended) so all I could do is thowing my fist into the air as quiet and soft as possible! What a feeling!

Didn't notice that Ruud was crying but it was satisfying enough to see him standing there in a stunned mode while Meelan and Vladi and co were celebrating.

As for Rosicky, I never thought he could do defending as he looks quite a light weight to me. Boy! how he tracked down and defended that night! Would love to see him coming to LFC