You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres been no great improvement how you come to that idea is odd, actually there has been improvement in that hes not been in our main starting 11 and hes not likely to be either.

His attitude is not 'right' at all for a Liverpool player , hes spineless , so yeah it was great to see Shelvey come on ahead of him.

Henderson has improved a lot.

When he arrived he was quite weak, and almost never won the ball. Now he's much stronger, and he wins the ball quite often. His passing is much better as well.

He has lacked a bit of confidence, but that's something he's improving day by day.

He did well at the end of last season, and he's done well so far under Rodgers. Hopefully both he and Shelvey will continue to improve...

Henderson has improved a lot.

When he arrived he was quite weak, and almost never won the ball. Now he's much stronger, and he wins the ball quite often. His passing is much better as well.

He has lacked a bit of confidence, but that's something he's improving day by day.

He did well at the end of last season, and he's done well so far under Rodgers. Hopefully both he and Shelvey will continue to improve...

Think him being 6th choice CM says it all to be honest , he done nothing to warrant his starting place last season or this , i think Kenny blindly stuck by him partly to save face on all those horrible transfers , he could hardly bench them all.

I would like to see him succeed but its just not in his nature to be a top class player, he hasn't got it in him , the writings already on the wall , he'll be gone next summer for half of what we paid after being a bench warmer this season.

He was excellent today, considering he was thrown in at short notice.

He's the sort of player who really could flourish under Rodgers, he's always positive, doesn't shy away, doesn't hide.

It really annoys me that we've wasted £36 million on Henderson and Downing, when we already had Shelvey and Sterling coming through.

Yeah its still hard to stomach , if that money had been spent with a shread of responsibility and thought Kenny would most likely still be here and we could of been going places.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I thought he was great. He has a really tough job getting into the team ahead of Gerrard, Allen, and Sahin, but he is a young, rapidly improving footballer.

I've always like Jonjo, and understand that he can't be perfectly consistent, but he stepped it up yesterday.

I thought Shelvey had something about him the very first time I saw him play for us. He has energy and seeks the ball. He lacks that killer quality and sometimes picks the wrong option but he now has some great players & coach to learn from.

He's slowish, but has a good engine, never stops running. He has a tendency to lunge into tackles and misplacing the occasional Hollywood pass, but to me it seems more of him trying to take on a tad too much responsibility at this stage of his development. I can see him developing into a more aggressive, slightly quicker, not as fat Lampard type, an attacking midfielder that lurks around the edge of the box, perhaps not as good, but good nonetheless.

A bargain at the price we got him for.

• 2 weeks later...

Great inswinging free-kick which Caulker glanced towards the goal. His goal came after a flick on from Wickham. Jonjo chested the ball down and finished on the half volley. Route one goal, but he made a good run and took it well. Played just off the striker (Sordell?). I only watched the 2nd half, and neither him nor Henderson did much of note (nor did their team-mates). The home side actually dominated proceedings in the 2nd half from what I gathered from my poor stream. Kelly looked solid enough at RB, but his passing was a bit hit and miss...

• 2 months later...