You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You've got to give Kenny the chance to give this team an identity

Antynwa

I just wondered if anyone can validate/invalidate the latest tintenet rumours doing the rounds about Kennys and John Henrys supposed handshake snub? ive only seen a couple of photos but nothing conclusive, can anyone shed any light on this for me ?

I started writing a post on how he should be given another year and that it wasn't based on sentimentality, but I deleted it as it became obvious to me that it was based more in that (sentimentality) than on logic. I'd be gutted to see him go, because he wanted to come back for so long. Can we let him leave like this? Sentimentality again I know, but then given that the game's become so fucking shite and full of horrible cunts who ruined it, I'm allowing myself that bit of romance. After all he's done, he deserves another season to try and rectify this one. If he genuinely felt he couldn't do it, that this was just too much, that he's just not got "it" anymore I think he'd let the owners know. I'm worried that this won't be his decision though. The moments after the last game of the season will tell us a lot I think. There's no way he doesn't know/hasn't been told about next season already.

I hope not mate, and echo what you said. All this talk of "if we fall further behind we're fucked", or "next season is make or break" is absolute bollocks. We've had our staring at the abyss moment when the two cunts took us to the brink of administration. No-one when we were regularly getting twatted by the likes of Auxerre could have imagined 2001, or in 2004 imagined where we'd end up looking back from 2008. There's no acceptance of mediocrity from me, honestly there isn't, I'm just not seeing the "end of the world" stuff posted by some.

Belting stuff, mate.

Sums up how i feel. If people want to put their trust more in the hands of businessmen like Henry and Ayre, that's up to them. Having seen people write off players from the word go, continually refer to our league form as 'abysmal' without so much as a nod to some pretty compelling detail that has gone a long way to our undoing, then you have to think the lunatics are fully in charge of the asylum. We witnessed it with Rafa working for those 2 Texan shitbags and things have only gotten worse.

The appointment and firing of Comolli, the Suarez fiasco, no money to spend in January, no news on a stadium, a few examples that say to me JWH n co haven't got a fucking clue what they're doing. As ever though, it will be the footballing men who take the fall.

'Football is a lie.'

Things are worse than under H&G? Really?

Supporters were happy to judge Benitez whilst ignoring many important details.

The OP of this thread being an example of that.

Different kinds of details are now being ignored by many when judging Dalglish.

Changing the manager every ten minutes won't get over any perceived problems. It will just cost to pay off coaching contracts and probably the players that the new man doesn't fancy.

The players were bought for a reason with a plan in place. You cannot just keep changing the plan every year if it doesn't go exceedingly well. Keep the core and add strength around it when the need and opportunities arise.

If we haven't performed markedly better by the end of next season then maybe you could start to consider whether the strategy was successful or not. He hasn't even got his feet under the table yet and it is a very competitive league.

Supporters were happy to judge Benitez whilst ignoring many important details.

The OP of this thread being an example of that.

Different kinds of details are now being ignored by many when judging Dalglish.

The difference being is Kenny was/is seen as the only person capable of turning the club around and making it great again.

That is the reason so many wanted him back in charge here.

For him to be sacked or to resign is to say to alot of fans well thats it for Liverpool,if Kenny cant do it nobody can.

Theres also alot of fans who actually believe in Kenny and the fact given time he will turn things around and I am one of them.

The problem is now adays managers arnt given the time at clubs to get things right,one bad season and its bye bye.

I can remember when he resigned and for about 10 or 15 games before he did there was mumblings on the kop that he needed to go.

People were questioning the squads he was picking the timing of his substitutions,the tactics we had started playing etc.

Kenny resigned before the mumblings in the ground became or got the chance to get any louder.

Liverpool use to win t he league season after season it was basically just expected of us to win it.

From the moment Kenny resigned the club havent won a league title.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Things are worse than under H&G? Really?

Only in Coro's world are things worse now than under Gillet and Hicks. At that period, it wasn't even about the football anymore. It's firmly about the football now.

Surely it depends on a multitude of variables such as who is available and willing to come in and how much money FSG are willing to spend. As well as this seasons performance.

As fans we are looking at this from a completely different perspective to people who have invested 300 odd million.

If Guardiola has indicated he will take the job and FSG are willing to blow 100 million it is a no brainier. If it is likely to be Klinsman with a sell to buy remit then we stick.

This decision has to be taken not out of passion for Kenny but for the strategic development of the football club. We don't know any of the variables

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Surely it depends on a multitude of variables such as who is available and willing to come in and how much money FSG are willing to spend. As well as this seasons performance.

As fans we are looking at this from a completely different perspective to people who have invested 300 odd million.

If Guardiola has indicated he will take the job and FSG are willing to blow 100 million it is a no brainier. If it is likely to be Klinsman with a sell to buy remit then we stick.

This decision has to be taken not out of passion for Kenny but for the strategic development of the football club. We don't know any of the variables

Best post on the subject, as far as I'm concerned. As I said the other day, the logic ignored when Rafa was manager is the same logic we must follow now: It's only ever wise to get rid of the manager if there's a better alternative.

I didn't want Rafa to go, but I think Kenny should go. So I'm in a different place on the situation. However, the logic is still as obviously sound as it was back then.

The difference being is Kenny was/is seen as the only person capable of turning the club around and making it great again.

Kenny did a fantastic job upon his return, galvanising a demoralised support and team and providing reassurance to the owners - job done. He did it in a way that few others could possibly have done.

As a result of his work, things have moved on. Far from being the only choice, there are many other options, we are spoilt for choice.

The big unknown is what FSG are prepared to finance in terms of transfers and support. Without substantial resources, knowledgeably spent, it doesn't matter too much who the manager is.

Best post on the subject, as far as I'm concerned. As I said the other day, the logic ignored when Rafa was manager is the same logic we must follow now: It's only ever wise to get rid of the manager if there's a better alternative.

I didn't want Rafa to go, but I think Kenny should go. So I'm in a different place on the situation. However, the logic is still as obviously sound as it was back then.

Who would you replace him with?

That is spot on.

I keep hearing/reading that 'we can't turn on Kenny, we are not better then (INSERT TEAM)', but that isn't what most fans are asking. They are asking is he the right man to take us forward? This year has been poor, and that is after the money spent (not one of the summer signings has contributed anything), and a good start at the back end of last season.

I am struggling to identify a long term plan for the team, three or four different formations this season doesn't look like a manager who knows his players. I think AVB is available this season, and after Chelsea we are a viable option.

Kenny did a fantastic job upon his return, galvanising a demoralised support and team and providing reassurance to the owners - job done. He did it in a way that few others could possibly have done.

As a result of his work, things have moved on. Far from being the only choice, there are many other options, we are spoilt for choice.

The big unknown is what FSG are prepared to finance in terms of transfers and support. Without substantial resources, knowledgeably spent, it doesn't matter too much who the manager is.

You've made this point several times. Just like many other points that you just seem to regurgitate. For many people who just tend to read threads out of interest instead of posting, you take away the interest.

Why say something that you've already said?

I think one of them variables and a very important one is,whose idea was it to go down the British route of buying players.

Now it could of been Kenny who decide that but I would hazard a pretty good guess as it being DC idea.

Which goes on the basis of him being the one who was sacked.

So if that is the case which might or not be right,it dosent give the manager a awful lot of choice on the players to buy.

Thats not taking away that it would be Kenny choosing the players.

Maybe with DC now gone its a whole new wealth of talent Kenny can go for.

It makes sense with DC being sacked and also fits into Kenny saying the players where his choice.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You've made this point several times. Just like many other points that you just seem to regurgitate. For many people who just tend to read threads out of interest instead of posting, you take away the interest.

Why say something that you've already said?

More importantly, why don't you just put him on ignore or skip passed it?

Who would you replace him with?

Depends on the scenario. Ideally? Realistically? From a list of your choosing?

More importantly, why don't you just put him on ignore or skip passed it?

Depends on the scenario. Ideally? Realistically? From a list of your choosing?

He's not the only one. You can also be included in that also. Fuck knows why you feel the need to post the same things, daily, across multiple threads.

We get it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
He's not the only one. You can also be included in that also. Fuck knows why you feel the need to post the same things, daily, across multiple threads.

We get it.

You're the most repetitive post on here. You come on, slag a poster off and fuck off again. Time and time and time again. You very rarely add anything to a thread. All you do is comment on others. Give it a fucking rest.

As for your comment about replacing Kenny. I assume you don't want to talk about that any more?

Do you think posting "I could happily kick you in the face right now" is a more constructive way to go about things?

Belting stuff, mate.

Sums up how i feel. If people want to put their trust more in the hands of businessmen like Henry and Ayre, that's up to them. Having seen people write off players from the word go, continually refer to our league form as 'abysmal' without so much as a nod to some pretty compelling detail that has gone a long way to our undoing, then you have to think the lunatics are fully in charge of the asylum. We witnessed it with Rafa working for those 2 Texan shitbags and things have only gotten worse.

The appointment and firing of Comolli, the Suarez fiasco, no money to spend in January, no news on a stadium, a few examples that say to me JWH n co haven't got a fucking clue what they're doing. As ever though, it will be the footballing men who take the fall.

'Football is a lie.'

I agree with you to a point mate. I have many doubts and issues surrounding FSG, all issues you have highlighted. It doesn't mean we have to label them the next H+G as some fans think you are doing when you dare to mention any concerns, but there are far more questions than answers for me at the moment.

I accept all that and what you have said, but I wouldn't go as far as to compare it to the variables which played a part in our demise in Rafa's final season. Suarez,Commoli, etc, none of it for me excuses 5 wins from 18 at home, possibly 19 after tonight. The way we have surrendered points to the West Broms and Wigans of this world is absolutely criminal. The use and misuse of certain players, the blind faith in Downing/Henderson. Enrique (barring 2 games on the bench) even, for me he has been the only slightly worse than Downing, he has absolutely stunk for 6 months. I worry about the way crap teams have seemingly tactically outwitted us on an almost weekly basis, and I worry about our lack of a plan B and our lack of a set style/identity after 18months of Kenny/Clarke.

I accept the issues surrounding our season but all teams suffer misfortune and it's how you react to it. Our pathetic overall surrender concerns me going forward.

Dalglish has been so utterly incompetent in so many aspects this season that giving him more time seems suicidal to me.

I also wouldn't want him spending any more of the clubs money to be honest.

Nailing my colours to the mast, i think he should go. I'm a fan of liverpool football club first and foremost, not any one man.

I also don't like the way plenty of people are writing he 'deserves' longer in the job.

If you think he's the best man for the job, thats fine, but don't bring sentimentality into it.

Dalglish has been so utterly incompetent in so many aspects this season that giving him more time seems suicidal to me.

I also wouldn't want him spending any more of the clubs money to be honest.

Nailing my colours to the mast, i think he should go. I'm a fan of liverpool football club first and foremost, not any one man.

I also don't like the way plenty of people are writing he 'deserves' longer in the job.

If you think he's the best man for the job, thats fine, but don't bring sentimentality into it.

Giving Kenny another season is based on nothing other than sentiment.

Theres absolutely no reason to suggest he will turn things round next season other than our fanbase's steadfast belief in the man.

People can argue on here as much as they like - the truth, though, is that the owners probably wont share this sentimentality. I personally believe he is gone, whatever anybody thinks on this forum.