You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beastie Boys" rapper MCA -Adam Yauch dead at 47

Caramac

MCA Adam Yauch Dead -- Beastie Boys Rapper Dies at 47 | TMZ.com

"Beastie Boys" rapper MCA -- real name Adam Yauch -- has died.

In 2009, MCA announced he was being treated for a cancerous parotid gland and a lymph node. He has since undergone surgery and radiation therapy.

So far, it's not clear if the death is related to the rapper's battle with cancer.

Russell Simmons' website GlobalGrind.com first reported the death. We have spoken to people independently connected to the rapper who also say he is dead.

Yauch co-founded Beastie Boys in 1979 with Mike D, Mix Master Mike, and Ad Roc. The group has won multiple Grammys.

Yauch became a vegan at the recommendation of his Tibetan doctors.

Yauch is survived by his wife and daughter. He was 47.

Guest ShoePiss

That's sad, the beastie boys have always been a part of my 'music collection'. They've been able to stay current with me at least from being a 10 year old to today. Glad I got to see them at the Sasquatch festival a few years ago.

Was only recently put onto the Beastie Boys stuff, heard of them but never really heard them. License to Ill is one of my favourite albums. Gutted about this, heard news they wouldn't tour again until he was given the all clear, had hoped to see them one day.

End of the Beastie Boys now, that's just as shite. Should have gone and seen them a few years ago at the Brixton Academy when I had the chance.

Didn't expect another massive layoff in between albums again as what's turned into The Hot Sauce Committee part 2 had been coming a while, but MCA obviously had more important issues to deal with.

The only group I was desperate to see in my lifetime.

Gutted. Terrible news.

One of my favourite bands ever. Been into them ever since I was in my teens.

This is the Beastie's in their prime:

[YOUTUBE]xJYfOGb3sKw[/YOUTUBE]

Feel privelidged to see them live so many times in the UK all over the place.

Last time was Isle Of Wight in 2007:

[YOUTUBE]1LxRpmpE6oo[/YOUTUBE]