You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a thought then- three centre halfs maybe with Johnson and Enrique as wing backs? Similar system to what we played at Stamford Bridge last season?

Good point.

If back four then it has to be Skrtel Agger

Christ, enough with the absurd conspiracy theories already.

Embarrassing. Truly embarrassing!

I'm not saying it WILL happen but with our past history with the FA its safe to say we're not exactly flavour of the month with them.

I do have a few omens that I am clinging to though.

For some daft reason I thought that if we won the cup, we would enter the Europa group stage outright, Cardiff would take our place in the qualifier due to being runners up in the League Cup whereby we got our place.

Not so it seems, even if the Chavs finish 6th and runners up in the cup, they get our Qualifier place.

. England (ENG): If Liverpool win the 2011–12 FA Cup, they will enter the group stage instead, and the third qualifying round spot will be taken by the sixth-placed team of the 2011–12 Premier League.

Bastards!

For some daft reason I thought that if we won the cup, we would enter the Europa group stage outright, Cardiff would take our place in the qualifier due to being runners up in the League Cup whereby we got our place.

Not so it seems, even if the Chavs finish 6th and runners up in the cup, they get our Qualifier place.

. England (ENG): If Liverpool win the 2011–12 FA Cup, they will enter the group stage instead, and the third qualifying round spot will be taken by the sixth-placed team of the 2011–12 Premier League.

Bastards!

Sorry Mate,What?.

Guest San Don
Carra was on the press day today for the Final, maybe a hint that Kenny plans repeat the Semi Final backline in my opinion.

Nah, will be agger & skrtel with Johnson and enrique.

It was a theory being shot down that Chelsea might miss out on any kind of European football should they lose the CL final.

Sad state of affairs that I actually half believed you.

Let us just send these inhuman,disrespectful supporters home on Saturday empty handed.

-------------Reina----------

Johnson--Skrtel--Agger---Enrique

-------Henderson--Spearing-----

Downing-----Gerrard-----Bellamy

-------------Suarez-------------

I'd be amazed if it was anything other than that back four. The midfield will be the biggest concern, I wouldn't be surprised if Gerrard is dropped a bit deeper to play alongside either Spearing or Henderson. Suarez and Bellamy will cause their defence plenty of problems if we have enough of the ball.

I want

------------Reina------------

Johnson--Skrtel--Agger---Enrique

---------Jay---Stevie----------

Maxi--------Shelvey-----Bellamy

-------------Suarez-------------

I expect

-----------Pepe-----------

Johnson--Skrtel--Carra--Agger

Henderson-Jay--Stevie--Downing

---------Suarez-Carroll---------

in which case we'll get well and truly bummed

Although I still can't see us winning this one, I hope we do so I don't have to listen to 2 retard chav supporters going on about it for MONTHS, it's interesting that Chavski put out pretty much a full strength squad last night against Newcastle with Drogba, Lampard and Mata coming on late. El Traitor is back to being pretty ineffective with 2 offsides, 2 crosses and 1 attempt on goal that cleared the bar, he also played the whole game so will probably start on the bench on Saturday.

I think it's going to be tight but still think we will get edged out unless we can get a couple of goals in the first half hour.

-----------Reina-----------

Magic-----Agger----Skrtel-----Enrique

Henderson-----Gerrard--------Shelvey

Bellamy--------Suarez--------Downing

I'd go with that. Can't see Carroll giving Terry a hard time in the air, so he wouldn't start.

Bellers could cause havoc on that pitch with his pace, and Henderson, Shelvey and a slightly advanced Gerrard should have enough energy and bodies to tie up Chelsea's midfield trio.

If Carragher starts then he will do very well for us defensively. He won’t let us down. However, it will be at the cost of good attacking play as we will have to sit much much deeper, so all in all, I think we are better off with Skrtel and Agger. It may leave a few more chinks of light at the back, but will benefit us going forward I think.