You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Regardless of the personell this team/squad is playing without any decernable pattern of play. I challenge anyone to tell me what tactical philosophy Kenny is setting the team up to play. Compared to the arse end of last season it is bizzare.

Glad im not the only one thinking that.

Utterly dreadful league campaign. Kenny is lucky John Henry hasnt got a clue about football.

Really poor passing throughout from us, and our midfield in particular was to blame. Looked like a few of our players couldn't be arsed today. However we got a Wembley final coming up in a few days so let's keep that in mind and stay positive!

Aurelios crosses were class though, every single one of them put in behind the defense, and Duff didn't get in a single cross (from what i remember). Carroll also showed some ambition and Doni was unlucky to be beaten by the oggie. Sterlings cameo was a positive aswell.

Chelsea is going down!

Número, trust me, I know. People citing this as a "second string" need to look at the actual team sheet. Todays team included every one of our summer signings bar Adam, who's shit.

Is Carroll still "excellent"? Is Henderson still a good prospect? Is downing still only shit because we can't convert his chances? No. In fact, they never were. They have always been absolutely shit, before we ever bought the

They say attaining 40 points guarantees safety. We have 46.

I don't think any of them are shit.

They just arn't good enough. Thats basically the reality of it, Adam, Downing, Henderson, Carroll. Are very average midtable players.

And thats just not good enough if you want to be towards the upper end of the league.

But if we were to replace even 2 of them with much better players I think the picture can change quite quickly.

Half the shower out there tonight don't deserve to wear the shirt.

At least Shelvey tried but no doubt wont make the starting line up on Saturday because henderson the golden child will start.

downing is a disgrace an england international with 300+ prem games under is belt fucking hiding on the pitch - give sterling a go - yes even on Saturday

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Positive: Sterling, Doni.

Kenny breaking those records again. First time ever losing to Fulham at Anfiled.

Stewart fucking Downing.

The people who wanted him, need to take a long hard look at themselves.

They fucking won't, they'll sit at snipe at those who didn't want him in the first place. They'll call us counts because we're sick of seeing our side go down the fucking drain. They'll tell us we're not even fans, just because we don't accept this standard. This football club needs some fucking vision and leadership, not blind support.

They fucking won't, they'll sit at snipe at those who didn't want him in the first place. They'll call us counts because we're sick of seeing our side go down the fucking drain. They'll tell us we're not even fans, just because we don't accept this standard. This football club needs some fucking vision and leadership, not blind support.

Yeah but we all know you'd have wanted us to sign him if he was called Downinho.

I anticipate another summer with this type of sentence being chucked about the forum by certain individuals when we're attempting to sign the likes of Cattermole and Holt.

kenny looking pissed there in the post match interview and I dont blame him, don hutchinson in the studio is spot on, downing is a joker

Henderson angers me, in a way only my ex mrs used to. But Downing creates a whole new level of fury in my body that may provoke a very violent outburst at some point. Probably on myself. I genuinely think smashing my lap top over my head would be preferable to watching him 'play' football. He is so unbelievably shit its actually unreal. And he only cost us £20m for his utter, utter shitness. How lucky are we.

A domestic cup double would buy Kenny a lot more time but should he lose the final on Saturday, the owners will be compelled to confront our woeful league campaign with an unsentimental eye. The signings in the Summer have been unmitigated gash.

better crosses from aurelio than enrique and downing have ever managed

Cracking player in a cripples body.

Would have been the best left back in the clubs history if had enriques body and i dont say that lightly

Glad im not the only one thinking that.

Utterly dreadful league campaign. Kenny is lucky John Henry hasnt got a clue about football.

I wouldn't be too sure about that mate. Henry will have set targets, he will have promised his investors a minimum level of sucess. He won't want to have to squirm and shrug his shoulders in front of them.

I am sure he will take counsel and would expect descisive action. The man is no fool and from what I can gather sentimentlity is low on his prioriy list.

I don't expect Kenny to be here next season. I think that descion will already have been made.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5byEtnm1qgImg49uxTYB4igjBMmZABodW8Q1T0VGO4ERuemj9

Tonight highlights how much we need more quality in attacking positions, hopefully with the sale of Kuyt, Aqualani and Cole will result in the freeing up of wages that can be spent on more effective players.

Some what predictably we looked poor cohesively due to the thrown togeather nature of the team.

I felt Aurelio, Skrtle and Carroll didn't play too badly (with the exception of the own goal for the center half). Our midfield was particularly poor they didn't pass well and therefore couldn't control the game. Playing Downing on the opposite flank to his normal position results in a poor performance, I realise this is done so he cuts in-feild and frees up space for the right full back bombing on but Kelly was occupied by Frei and so this was nigh on pointless tonight.

Andy Carroll

aerial duels 9/13 - he beasted it in the air today - and has been for the last few games - our players never seem to anticipate the knock down.

But how many of those "flick" ons were too heavy and went straight through to the keeper? Also, how many times did his lack of basic control lead to us losing possession and our play breaking down? How many times did he get the ball and run into a crowd of players and give it away? Loads.

He's terrible. Will never be good enough. I'd sooner have Kuyt up front at the minute. At least you're guaranteed a degree of effort and, most importantly, movement from Kuyt.

Carroll is never going to be good enough. Cash in in the summer before his price drops right down.

Henderson angers me, in a way only my ex mrs used to. But Downing creates a whole new level of fury in my body that may provoke a very violent outburst at some point. Probably on myself. I genuinely think smashing my lap top over my head would be preferable to watching him 'play' football. He is so unbelievably shit its actually unreal. And he only cost us £20m for his utter, utter shitness. How lucky are we.

spot on 20 million dud

But how many of those "flick" ons were too heavy and went straight through to the keeper? Also, how many times did his lack of basic control lead to us losing possession and our play breaking down? How many times did he get the ball and run into a crowd of players and give it away? Loads.

He's terrible. Will never be good enough. I'd sooner have Kuyt up front at the minute. At least you're guaranteed a degree of effort and, most importantly, movement from Kuyt.

Carroll is never going to be good enough. Cash in in the summer before his price drops right down.

To what? I would be surprised if anyone would part with more than £10m for him, and that includes his english tax. If he was foreign we'd be paying him off in an attempt to get someone to to sign him on a free.