You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just Finished An Epic Swindle

PaulMcC

Are we accepting the new owners not doing much just cos they aren't Gillett and Hicks?

If anything we should be even more wary of them.

Why they haven't started a new stadium?

Also, do we know how much debt is on the cLub and if they've put any of their own in when buying players?

Guest ShoePiss
Is this fucking thread for real?

Why do you say that? Wanting to understand the current debt level and how we have financed signings is fair enough to me.

There's loads of discussion on the stadium but it's still a valid question.

We should absolutely be cautious with these owners, that doesn't mean they're the enemy or anything before we go down that road.

Why do you say that? Wanting to understand the current debt level and how we have financed signings is fair enough to me.

We should absolutely be cautious with these owners, that doesn't mean they're the enemy or anything before we go down that road.

I haven't said they are the enemies either.

Lack of stadium news is frustrating. I understand the official position of wait to make sure the right decision is achieved. Doesn't stop the slow progress being frustrating.

Didn't Broughton agree with them they'd have something sorted regarding the stadium within a set time period? A year or something?

Are we accepting the new owners not doing much just cos they aren't Gillett and Hicks?

Also, do we know how much debt is on the cLub and if they've put any of their own in when buying players?

They made us no promises. They were very careful to say that in the first place.

Guest San Don

Why do you say that?

Seriously? Its fucking pathetic. Let's drive them out shall we? One day they might fuck off what with all the ungrateful sods always having a dig at them.

Wanting to understand the current debt level and how we have financed signings is fair enough to me.

Yet the OP starts the thread with "Are we accepting the new owners not doing much just cos they aren't Gillett and Hicks?

If anything we should be even more wary of them."

See your first comment.

Guest ShoePiss

I know mate, I'm in agreement with you that we should be wary but felt I had to also mention that I don't think they're the enemy because there's always one who'll shout "what and drive them away?"

Guest ShoePiss
Seriously? Its fucking pathetic. Let's drive them out shall we? One day they might fuck off what with all the ungrateful sods always having a dig at them.

Yet the OP starts the thread with "Are we accepting the new owners not doing much just cos they aren't Gillett and Hicks?

If anything we should be even more wary of them."

See your first comment.

It's not pathetic at all and keeping a watchful eye and being cautious where they're concerned isn't going to drive them out. Haha ungrateful, behave yourself.

I recognise that they pulled us out of the shit but there's no way I'm just going to blindly accept everything they do without thought, there's no way I'm going ignore the failings because "they saved us".

The OP has a valid point in that some people will just accept what they do because they're different to cancer and aids, they are different and they're much better owners but as I've said I'll be critical of them when I feel the need and compliment when I feel it's appropriate too.

Guest ShoePiss
Didn't Broughton agree with them they'd have something sorted regarding the stadium within a set time period? A year or something?

None of that means anything though, they're under no obligation at all to build a stadium. What I would like to see is them being a little more open with their intentions on this though, it comes across to me that they want to appear to be moving forward while in reality they're treading water.

The accounts for last year should be out soon. They will reveal how the net transfer spend has been financed (roughly equivalent to previous debt interest payments). They will also reveal the status of the £50m stadium provision.

FSG have proved to be decent, solvent owners to date. But don't swallow this "business behind closed doors" nonsense. G&H would have loved that.

Let's drive them out shall we? One day they might fuck off what with all the ungrateful sods always having a dig at them.

This is just an overseas business punt to FSG. Seventeen out of the twenty have never even been to Anfield - and are never likley to. Henry and Werner have been here less, over a similar time frame, than G&H.

They are not looking for gratitude, just a credit balance when they sell.

I'm not saying we drive them out.

I'm just asking are people happy with them or just relieved they aren't Gillett and Hicks?

No one knows what debt is on the club, if any. I'm sure some are frustated about the lack of progress on the stadium, too.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm quite happy with how things have gone so far, but ShoePiss is exactly right to say that we should be cautious. It's not just our right to ask questions about their 'custodianship' of the club, it's our duty.

There's a certain way to do it, of course, as SoS found out. However, it's still right we ask questions. As long as they're given reasonable time and we're reasonable about the economic climate and the difficulties surrounding the stadium, then we should be asking questions.

That said, I think we're in a pretty health debt situation for a club of our size. As long as the manager is given money to spend in the market, I don't see that we can get too angry at anything yet. The stadium situation is lagging, but it's not the easiest time for a project of this size.

No one knows what debt is on the club, if any. I'm sure some are frustated about the lack of progress on the stadium, too.

I thought everything was on hold due to planning / the local authority, they can't do much about that, especially with that cunt watisface pushing for a groundshare.

Guest ShoePiss
I thought everything was on hold due to planning / the local authority, they can't do much about that, especially with that cunt watisface pushing for a groundshare.

Why do you think that mate?

Guest ShoePiss
Didn't we have this exact same thread a week ago but with a different title?

Probably, I wish admin would do a better job of housekeeping!

Nah, really, is it a big deal that a topic may have been discussed recently?

Guest San Don
It's not pathetic at all and keeping a watchful eye and being cautious where they're concerned isn't going to drive them out. Haha ungrateful, behave yourself.

I recognise that they pulled us out of the shit but there's no way I'm just going to blindly accept everything they do without thought, there's no way I'm going ignore the failings because "they saved us".

The OP has a valid point in that some people will just accept what they do because they're different to cancer and aids, they are different and they're much better owners but as I've said I'll be critical of them when I feel the need and compliment when I feel it's appropriate too.

So essentially you want them to;

build a new stadium or redevelop Anfield at a minimum cost of, let's say for arguments sake, £150m (redevelopment. You can double that sum for a new build). You must therefore want them to explore ways to raise that money, presumably by placing debt on the club or some other vehicle using the club as security?

At the same time you question how the current finances are managed.

No inconsistency there, then!

Guest ShoePiss
So essentially you want them to;

build a new stadium or redevelop Anfield at a minimum cost of, let's say for arguments sake, £150m (redevelopment. You can double that sum for a new build). You must therefore want them to explore ways to raise that money, presumably by placing debt on the club or some other vehicle using the club as security?

At the same time you question how the current finances are managed.

No inconsistency there, then!

Eh? Any stadium build will involve club debt and sponsorship deals. The club will have to get a loan and pay for it, no one I know thinks otherwise.

At the same time it's fair to question how things have been financed to date.

There is no inconsistency at all, what are you talking about?