Quantcast
Good Lordy - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Hopefully Henry and Werner won't be sitting by the fireplace holding a Liverpool mug! I think this is a good move. It helps fans to get more insight and hopefully opens up the market in places where we need to exploit it a bit further.

The staple studio presenters on Fox Soccer are Warren Barton, Eric Wynalda and just lately, Brian MacBride. They aren't too bad.

I've met Warren Barton several times when he played for Newcastle. He is a massive cunt with an ego far in excess of his extremely limited footballing "talent".

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Not arsed, that looks quality

I thought that looked fucking brilliant, actually. It might turn out to be a total embarrassment, but I can't wait for that.

I just watched that trailer. It looks good. I'm more interested to see how the players train at Melwood than anything else.

So we're Footballs answer to TOWIE now are we?

Brendan Rodgers actually finished that clip by saying 'it's all part of the dance'?

I can see more and more why the owners wanted Kenny out, It's difficult to imagine him signing up to anything like that. I'm not against interviews with managers and players, but I'd prefer it if they did the talking on the pitch.

Except this started when Kenny was manager.

[YOUTUBE]O5TGE8eYipE[/YOUTUBE]

don't go to Fox's website if you can help it

looks fascinating to be honest, can't wait for it. Imagine the historical signigicance of it if BR turns out to be a success. I understand the fears by more traditional support, but you have to keep moving or you get left behind. The first ever match of the day was at Anfield was it not? Maybe some fans there complained about the way football was going to end up too much about tv and the real fans would lose out. And they would have been right but, what was my point again? Yeah nothing to worry about becoming a soap opera club or whatever , United did one of these ages ago, I remember watching in the mid 90's, a well talked about clip included Ince's little lad playing footy with Schmeical's lad in goal at someones house (Tom and Casper I suppose..)

Also there was one were SirWhiskeyfuck called Ince a 'big time Charlie.'

None resulted in loss of face for the club. Then again there was that Peter Reid one were he seemed totally mental and the Graham Taylor one....

Edited by Reckoner
ox's website

The club has been a soap opera now for that many years it's no surprise to see it's now broadcasting as one.

This is a cynical marketing ploy for as Ian Ayre would call it the "non-football side of the business" to make more money in the States. I understand that this is now the way of the world but I resent that the Club is using the working class support as a big selling point while pricing that element of support out of the game.

The club and the game are now run by corporate sharks and sadly that's never going to change. When this programme was commissioned they would have already decided that Kenny would be leaving and were probably delighted that the drama would be captured on film. I don't need to add more than that.

I've met Warren Barton several times when he played for Newcastle. He is a massive cunt with an ego far in excess of his extremely limited footballing "talent".

You are too nice! It's clear he thinks he's "hot shit"! The others just think he's shit!

Cannot wait for that.

If you don't agree then don't watch it, but don't go saying 'oh we sold out', because that's just bullshit, we sold out yearrrrrs ago along with everyone else in the PL.

The problem with liverpool is that we were to late to sell out, and therefor are lacking in every department with our rivals when it comes to money.

I just wish that HBO would have done this instead. If this were done by the same group that does Real Sports with Bryant Gumble, it would have been guarenteed to be amazing, not sure how it's going to turn out with Fox.

What it will likely do is bring us the American fans who would have supported the clubs who are presently more sucessful than us. It will give people here an opportunity to feel like they're connected to the club in a significant way. Hopefully the club take advantage of the excellent opportunity this provides us to educate the casual fan about the truth of some things. Primarily Hillsborough. If the club don't make sure there is an episode solely dedicated to explaining the truth of Hillsborough instead of the lies spread by people like Murdoch and Steven Coen, then I'll be hugely disappointed.