You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a Springer Spaniel three weeks ago yesterday. He went in for his second jab and can walk in about a week's time.

Whilst he is very energetic, I've taught him not to bite, he never chews anything other than his toys and he now knows six or so commands. These are sit, stay, down, rollover, paw and 'come' (guffaw).

He walks on his leash without pulling or biting on it round the garden. In essence he's the perfect dog, especially around the cats I have. In conclusion, I am the Cesar Milan of the Midlands.

Meet Dexter

scaled.php?server=406&filename=p1030676w.jpg&res=landing

I got a Springer Spaniel three weeks ago yesterday. He went in for his second jab and can walk in about a week's time.

Whilst he is very energetic, I've taught him not to bite, he never chews anything other than his toys and he now knows six or so commands. These are sit, stay, down, rollover, paw and 'come' (guffaw).

He walks on his leash without pulling or biting on it round the garden. In essence he's the perfect dog, especially around the cats I have. In conclusion, I am the Cesar Milan of the Midlands.

Meet Dexter

scaled.php?server=406&filename=p1030676w.jpg&res=landing

You've got a cracker there mate. Enjoy him

Meet Dexter

Nice one, we had a springer spaniel she passed away before Christmas age 11, great dog, brilliant with kids. We're getting a new dog in September when we get back from holidays, looks like it'll be a cocker spaniel as mrs won't get another springer as it reminds her to much of Elle, if I show her that picture of dexter she'll start crying, seriously

His only indiscretion so far was to chew through one of my Golf DVD'S (shipped from America and took three weeks for $70 dollars). Dogs will be dogs I guess. Me and my girlfriend took him to visit his mum and brother today, he spent two and a half hours running around like a maniac. Can't wait to take him out for his walks, I've already thought about buying equipment for him to attach to my bike when he's fully grown.

His only indiscretion so far was to chew through one of my Golf DVD'S (shipped from America and took three weeks for $70 dollars). Dogs will be dogs I guess. Me and my girlfriend took him to visit his mum and brother today, he spent two and a half hours running around like a maniac. Can't wait to take him out for his walks, I've already thought about buying equipment for him to attach to my bike when he's fully grown.

motorcycle-dog-440.jpg

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You've got a cracker there mate. Enjoy him

Enjoy him? I don't think he's planning on having a canine kebab, Ant.

How'd it go mate?

Really well mate, the couple who came round were really informative and brought their own dog Toby who was gorgeous and so friendly. Ended up having a kip on my floor.

They seemed to have no reservations at all about us taking one of their dogs and we've penciled in end few weeks of August, as my missus will be off work due to summer holidays and they'd like at least one of us to settle the dog in, and we're both really excited!

Haven't decided on a dog yet, the charity don't "reserve" dogs for more then 2 weeks due to being messed around in the past which is fair enough so at the time they'll pick a selection of dogs they think will be suitable for us and then we can go and pick one.

Really excited! Don't want to wait that long but it's best for us, the dog and the charity

Really well mate, the couple who came round were really informative and brought their own dog Toby who was gorgeous and so friendly. Ended up having a kip on my floor.

They seemed to have no reservations at all about us taking one of their dogs and we've penciled in end few weeks of August, as my missus will be off work due to summer holidays and they'd like at least one of us to settle the dog in, and we're both really excited!

Haven't decided on a dog yet, the charity don't "reserve" dogs for more then 2 weeks due to being messed around in the past which is fair enough so at the time they'll pick a selection of dogs they think will be suitable for us and then we can go and pick one.

Really excited! Don't want to wait that long but it's best for us, the dog and the charity

I'm sure whichever one you go for will have a great home.

I'm sure whichever one you go for will have a great home.

Cheers mate hope so. They were telling us they they can only have 15 dogs at a time but they could quadruple that overnight if they had the space as there's so many Greyhounds that get retired at 3 or 4. So hopefully I can give one a good life.

Only problem is the money my bird will be spending on coats for it...

Cheers mate hope so. They were telling us they they can only have 15 dogs at a time but they could quadruple that overnight if they had the space as there's so many Greyhounds that get retired at 3 or 4. So hopefully I can give one a good life.

Only problem is the money my bird will be spending on coats for it...

Yep, unfortunately Greyhounds get abondoned all the time. And with your concerns about it being left for a few hours a Greyhound was the obvious choice.

Get some pics up when you get the dog.

Yep, unfortunately Greyhounds get abondoned all the time. And with your concerns about it being left for a few hours a Greyhound was the obvious choice.

Get some pics up when you get the dog.

Yeah the couch-potato dog! The guys asked us how long we would be leaving it and they had no concerns when we told them. They said ideally there'd be someone to let the dog out in the afternoon but it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

I was surprised how tall they are! But the way it moved around the house was more like a cat then a dog, until it plopped itself down for a kip on the floor like!

Really excited!!!!!

Yeah the couch-potato dog! The guys asked us how long we would be leaving it and they had no concerns when we told them. They said ideally there'd be someone to let the dog out in the afternoon but it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

I was surprised how tall they are! But the way it moved around the house was more like a cat then a dog, until it plopped itself down for a kip on the floor like!

Really excited!!!!!

They're very elegant in the way they move.

Get used to it sleeping mate.