You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A cracking looking bike.

Why is it called a hybrid exactly?

I'm not a fan of drop handlebars myself, I didn't notice if your one had any.

They are bikes that you can use on the roads and off roads, but in reality they are more like mountain bikes than racers. They have thinner tyres so they are quicker on the tarmac, but if you want to do distance then buy a racer, you don't have to use the drops, you can keep your hands on top.

They are bikes that you can use on the roads and off roads, but in reality they are more like mountain bikes than racers. They have thinner tyres so they are quicker on the tarmac, but if you want to do distance then buy a racer, you don't have to use the drops, you can keep your hands on top.

Racers are useless round here.I used to have a raleigh mountain bike for years that I used both on road and off and to get to work.

Even that was prone to punctures.

It must be a mountain bike with thick tyres and I will be filling them with slime too.

Mine is nearer a road bike spec than a mountain bike. Really light, with an aluminium frame, carbon fork and really thin wheels/tyres. I bought it so I could train on the roads as well as fannying about on non Tarmac surfaces with the kids. If it was just training I'd have bought a road bike. Having said that, I'm not sure I'd trust this bike on dirt tracks given how lightweight it is.

Just been out for the first time, didn't go stupid so did ten miles in about half an hour.

A few things I've learnt are;

Don't rid down kerbs - road bikes don't have suspension

Road bikes hurt your hands and elbows

Riding in hailstones ain't fun &

Its possible to get blisters on your bollocks!

Just been out for the first time, didn't go stupid so did ten miles in about half an hour.

We did try to tell you! Cant understand why it would hurt your elbows???

What happened to the padded shorts?

But did you have fun?

Not as in blisters, just the padded part below my thumbs. Maybe it's more the forearms than elbows.

Wore padded shorts but trapped a love spud inadvertently.

Out again Sunday.

Of your hands? Did you have gloves on?

How do you like your bike?

Soft cunt!

Where else you have thumbs? Yeah, on my hands. Was wearing gloves.

Bike is good thanks. Just have to remember not to steer as much as my mountain bike.

Didnt know if you meant the padded part of your hands or whether you'd bought poncey padded gloves and they'd hurt your hands

Haven't asked for anything...yet.

Music is a must for me though, I had London Calling on today.

You asked for advice....was interested to see what you had made of it

I really enjoyed having my music when I was walking but dont feel any need for it when I'm cycling

Music is a must for me though, I had London Calling on today.

I really enjoyed having my music when I was walking but dont feel any need for it when I'm cycling

I'm with Fan here. Gotta have the choons for pedalling along. Better yet is getting a cycling buddy. Did a 50k last weekend with the brother-in-law, and really didn't notice the miles passing.

The next quandary I have is pedals and shoes. At the minute I have normal pedals and runners. Would clippy pedals and clippy shoes make a difference?