1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Yea abuse; lack of use; being left outside; generally doesn't really tally with spending big on kids bikes. I'd even recommend second hand in most cases.

Definitely. Unfortunately, J was the oldest child in the family but we quickly got into an arrangement of hand me downs

6 hours ago, Champ said:

I’m sure I’ve said it before but spend no money on kids bikes.

We were all excited to buy J his first grown up one Christmas and spent a reasonable amount of money on it. By the time the weather improved for him to get out on it he’d practically grown out of it

5 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Yea abuse; lack of use; being left outside; generally doesn't really tally with spending big on kids bikes. I'd even recommend second hand in most cases.

Yeah we don't want to spend too much, but nor do we want some cheapo Disney brand one of she's going to use it lots. 

Absolutely pouring with rain all last night and this morning before my daily 40 minute commute to school. 

Not happy about riding in that kind of weather, especially because I'll have to ride home with wet clothes. Really hate driving though, so I got all geared up for a total soaking, open the garage door and it miraculously stopped raining. Rode all the way in and it started raining again just as I arrived to school.

Must have been how Eisenhower felt on the eve of D-Day, having to make the decision to go ahead with the invasion in bad weather. Clearly someone was on my side this morning.

XAX7EXPZIJE4LCUA4LYFDLDWGE.jpg

• Upvote 1

Been using Zwift over the last few weeks but finding after about 40-50 my willy starts to tingle and goes numb. I'm thinking the vibrations are causing exercise-induced nob seizures. 

17 hours ago, ._. said:

Been using Zwift over the last few weeks but finding after about 40-50 my willy starts to tingle and goes numb. I'm thinking the vibrations are causing exercise-induced nob seizures. 

If you're hunched over the handle bars like Cav on a sprint all the time, try sitting upright a bit more or sit up every 15 minutes or so. Sounds like restricted blood flow!

Im off for a 25 minute session on the turbo trainer soon and find my palms get pins and needles with the pressure on the handle bars!

18 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

If you're hunched over the handle bars like Cav on a sprint all the time, try sitting upright a bit more or sit up every 15 minutes or so. Sounds like restricted blood flow!

Im off for a 25 minute session on the turbo trainer soon and find my palms get pins and needles with the pressure on the handle bars!

In fairness sitting up did help. Will give it ago to get rid of tingle dick. 

And here I go again…after months of a lay off the only comfort is that it can only get better/easier

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Champ said:

And here I go again…after months of a lay off the only comfort is that it can only get better/easier

I much prefer running \ jogging but, in winter Ive had my fill of freezing my nuts off and getting the odd chill here and there. The old girl made me get the flu jab this year and Im not sure that would make any difference in stopping them.

So Im back on the turbo trainer. Decided to knock it down a gear because top was hard work. But as you say, it gets better \ easier each time. If there's a warm day, I'll still get out for a jog rather than use the turbo.