You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

His new bike is a newer and slightly lighter version of my Specialized 29er (mines the Hardrock Sport) and will be fine for a day getting fit. The suspension locks for on the road and it's fast enough but comfortable enough to get out and do a full day. Loads of fun in the woods and sand dunes as well. Also, less punctures. A road bike will mean more distance obviously but isn't necessarily a better way of getting fit.

I wasn't thinking about the fitness aspect just the value of having a bike that you can use around town and not feel too worried about leaving.

I don't use my hybrid much but feel far happier locking that up and leaving it somewhere than my road bike

I wasn't thinking about the fitness aspect just the value of having a bike that you can use around town and not feel too worried about leaving.

I don't use my hybrid much but feel far happier locking that up and leaving it somewhere than my road bike

I have a shit looking Batavus dutch style bike for that. It's boss. The front mudguard is dead rattly so I don't need a bell, it looks like a bad rust bucket but everything that needs to work works great. No way I'd be leaving anything nice looking down at the train station.

Trying to persuade my Mrs to allow me to go with this on finance - but we're in the process of selling our house and have just bought a brand new car so it's going to take some persuading...

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/allez-elite-2015-road-bike-ec070566

Ah well, i ordered it last night. Car already bought, mortgage for the new house sorted, what's another £24 a month in the grand scheme of things?

• Upvote 1

Well done for taking the plunge.

My new bike arrived yesterday, very happy with it. Took it out for a quick spin to ensure all ok and it feels much better, more suited to my height than the old hybrid. Gonna take a few rides to get used to the new gearing

Will be taking it out for a proper spin over the weekend.

I'm going to have to wait til i get paid again before i can get some pedals and shoes, as i don't want to put the flat pedals on the new bike.

So it could be October before i get out on it.

Would you get double sided pedals? Thats what I have on my road bike. Best of both worlds

No, I've just put brand new Gatorskins on back and front and even put in extra liners and still managed to get one. I take it you mean slime tubes ? If so, no and what are they and do they work ?

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-parts/inner-tubes/slime-schrader-bike-inner-tube-26-x-1-75-2-125

Wouldnt leave home without them

• 2 weeks later...