You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does anyone know if Evans offer you the £50 part ex discount on your old bike?

I'm after this, but obvioulsy want to try and get it cheaper than £500.

Specialized Sirrus Elite 2012 Hybrid Bike | Evans Cycles

Don't know about the P/X, but I own the Sirrus Sport and it's a fantastic bike, it justs eats the road up. Only problem with it, I've found any way, is fucking punctures whenever you hit a shit bit of road at speed, I've thrown it a few times in anger because of it!

It's up to the discretion of the store manager, that's what the guy in the Bristol store told me. However as the weather had been so shit and this has affected sales they'll pretty much give everyone the fifty quid off if you haggle for it.

I picked up a crappy old Raleigh racer off freecycle to get my £50 knocked off and they honoured it.

Only problem with it, I've found any way, is fucking punctures whenever you hit a shit bit of road at speed, I've thrown it a few times in anger because of it!

That's no good. I'll get you the name of the inner tubes you need

It's up to the discretion of the store manager, that's what the guy in the Bristol store told me.

I picked up a crappy old Raleigh racer off freecycle to get my £50 knocked off and they honoured it.

So have you been out on it yet?

Don't know about the P/X, but I own the Sirrus Sport and it's a fantastic bike, it justs eats the road up. Only problem with it, I've found any way, is fucking punctures whenever you hit a shit bit of road at speed, I've thrown it a few times in anger because of it!

If its caused by glass then there is fuck all you can do, but if you are getting punctures because of pinches then pump up your tyres more. Its well worth the £20 for a decent track stand pump to help you achieve this. I ride 23mm tyres and pump them to at least 100psi so the 28mm tyres should go quite close to that. As an added bonus you'll reduce your rolling resistance a bit so you should go faster.

If its caused by glass then there is fuck all you can do, but if you are getting punctures because of pinches then pump up your tyres more. Its well worth the £20 for a decent track stand pump to help you achieve this. I ride 23mm tyres and pump them to at least 100psi so the 28mm tyres should go quite close to that. As an added bonus you'll reduce your rolling resistance a bit so you should go faster.

You want to buy some Specialized Armadillos Elites and pump them to 120psi.

Getting back to you now...

1. Pump your tyres up their max PSI

2. Then if you're not too fussy about adding a bit of extra weight to your bike you could put in self-healing inner tubes or I have Slime inner tubes from Go Outdoors (yes, really)

3. And finally you could think about replacing the tyres themselves

Came off mine last night on a downhill on loose chippings. Doing about 30 both feet clipped in. No skin left on one leg and have been pulling small stones out out my shoulder all morning. I am sore as fuck and a funny blue colour down one side.

Not nice mate, I came off a bike a few years back and broke and dislocated my shoulder.

That was more my fault for being a twat though.

EDIT: Can't get my new bike till Wednesday now, got this thrown in as an apology though.

CPT517.jpg

Came off mine last night on a downhill on loose chippings. Doing about 30 both feet clipped in. No skin left on one leg and have been pulling small stones out out my shoulder all morning. I am sore as fuck and a funny blue colour down one side.

You will be in eve more pain tonight once those bruises have had a good chance to come through today.

I'm in work all day but have had some ibuprofen and K cider. Doing not bad to be honest.

That wont do anything, what will happen is were you have landed on your pelvis and your ribs and shoulders wont be painful at first or when you standing up, or the first night. When you go to bed tonight the bruising on the areas I have just mentioned will have had a chance to start to come through so you will find it really uncomfortable laying on the side you landed on.

I assumed it was some kind of medication I'd never heard of.....seems it is

I've never heard of that to be honest. What I normally do in situations like this is send the wife to the chinese and drink a bottle of Ardbeg. Works like a charm.

Was talking about the cider having medicinal purposes champ.

Arneca will bring the bruising out more quickly and speed the healing process.

Was talking about the cider having medicinal purposes champ.

I got it once you'd replied!....had been put off by the reference to AR being in work

Arneca will bring the bruising out more quickly and speed the healing process.

Available from all good pharmacies....or I've got some you can have