You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Currently riding a claud butler hybrid, but looking at buying my own (this bike is my mates).

Don't have a massive budget, somewhere around the 300quid mark.

Any ideas chaps?

Ta

Have you got access to a Bike to Work scheme? I'm not trying to push you into spending more money than you want but it is a great deal and if you're looking to spend around £400 you'd barely notice the deductions from your salary

I am trying to convince the people at work to implement a cycle-to-work scheme so I can get a road bike whilst also keeping my Hybrid.

Also anyone bought any decent lights recently....I need to keep cycling after work too. I fancy something reputable with a high luminosity and flashing.

I am trying to convince the people at work to implement a cycle-to-work scheme so I can get a road bike whilst also keeping my Hybrid.

Also anyone bought any decent lights recently....I need to keep cycling after work too. I fancy something reputable with a high luminosity and flashing.

Yeah. Am on my phone just now so can't post the link but they come from Edinburgh Cycle Co-op (and online) they're small, in rubberized casing that just loop over your handlebars and seat post, so you can take them on and off really easily, have all the functions you indicated and are charged from your computer......and what's more they were less than a tenner each

Yeah. Am on my phone just now so can't post the link but they come from Edinburgh Cycle Co-op (and online) they're small, in rubberized casing that just loop over your handlebars and seat post, so you can take them on and off really easily, have all the functions you indicated and are charged from your computer......and what's more they were less than a tenner each

Cheers Champ - I'll take look and see if I can find 'em.

Oh, and another thing, what do people wear when they're out when its cold?

Being new to this caper I havent really done much cycling in the cold but the last few mornings here have been pretty chilly and have got me thinking I'm going to need extra clothing when I'm out in the winter...

Oh, and Vlad, thought of you when I was out this morning cycling over cobbles (which I hate) if you're playing on doing any cycling off road it would be well to consider suspension on any bike you're looking at

Being new to this caper I havent really done much cycling in the cold but the last few mornings here have been pretty chilly and have got me thinking I'm going to need extra clothing when I'm out in the winter...

Oh, and Vlad, thought of you when I was out this morning cycling over cobbles (which I hate) if you're playing on doing any cycling off road it would be well to consider suspension on any bike you're looking at

Yes,Ive given that some thought myself and have seen quite a few bikes with at least rear suspension but this suspension stuff is a bit new to me as my old bike just had the standard stuff on it.

Get into some bike shops...as someone earlier said, look out an independent shop if possible...they're much more likely to have knowledgeable staff..and a good shop will let you road test the bikes.

Another recommendation, if you are looking at a hybrid are the flat pad straight handlebars...a hugely more comfortable hand position than the standard issue ones

Feel free to shout me down/add to this anyone else

At the end of the day if you are replacing an old bone shaker (like I had) and your ambitions are fairly humble almost anything new is going to be an improvement!

Get into some bike shops...as someone earlier said, look out an independent shop if possible...they're much more likely to have knowledgeable staff..and a good shop will let you road test the bikes.

Another recommendation, if you are looking at a hybrid are the flat pad straight handlebars...a hugely more comfortable hand position than the standard issue ones

Feel free to shout me down/add to this anyone else

At the end of the day if you are replacing an old bone shaker (like I had) and your ambitions are fairly humble almost anything new is going to be an improvement!

Explain to me again please about what a hybrid actually is in relation to the other standard types.

Have you got access to a Bike to Work scheme? I'm not trying to push you into spending more money than you want but it is a great deal and if you're looking to spend around £400 you'd barely notice the deductions from your salary

No mate.

I have been looking on jjb website for any deals, what do you think about some of these?

Road and City Bikes - Cycling - JJBSports.com

Heard the muddyfox is a no go by some reviews.

Cycling legend Lance Armstrong's team ran "the most sophisticated, professionalised and successful doping programme the sport has ever seen" according to a report by the United States Anti-Doping Agency.

Usada says it will deliver the full report in the doping case against Armstrong, 41, later on Wednesday.

It contains testimony from 11 of his former US Postal Service team-mates.

He has always denied doping allegations but has not contested Usada's charges.

Usada chief executive Travis T Tygart said there was "conclusive and undeniable proof" of a team-run doping conspiracy.

The organisation will send a "reasoned decision" in the Armstrong case to the International Cycling Union (UCI), the World Anti-Doping Agency and the World Triathlon Corporation.

The UCI now has 21 days to lodge an appeal against Usada's decision with Wada or they must comply with the decision to strip Armstrong, who now competes in triathlons, of his seven Tour de France titles and hand him a lifetime ban.

Armstrong, who overcame cancer to return to professional cycling, won the Tour from 1999 to 2005. He retired in 2005 but returned in 2009 before retiring for good two years later.

In his statement, Tygart said the evidence against Armstrong and his team - which is in excess of 1,000 pages - was "overwhelming" and "and includes sworn testimony from 26 people, including 15 riders with knowledge of the US Postal Service Team and its participants' doping activities".

Tygart revealed it contains "direct documentary evidence including financial payments, emails, scientific data and laboratory test results that further prove the use, possession and distribution of performance enhancing drugs by Lance Armstrong and confirm the disappointing truth about the deceptive activities of the USPS Team, a team that received tens of millions of American taxpayer dollars in funding".

He also claimed the team's doping conspiracy "was professionally designed to groom and pressure athletes to use dangerous drugs, to evade detection, to ensure its secrecy and ultimately gain an unfair competitive advantage through superior doping practices".

Among the former team-mates of Armstrong's to testify were George Hincapie, Tyler Hamilton and Floyd Landis, who was stripped of his 2006 Tour de France title for failing a dope test and was recently found guilty in a Swiss court of defaming the International Cycling Union for alleging they had protected Armstrong from doping claims.

Tygart said: "The riders who participated in the USPS Team doping conspiracy and truthfully assisted have been courageous in making the choice to stop perpetuating the sporting fraud, and they have suffered greatly.

"I have personally talked with and heard these athletes' stories and firmly believe that, collectively, these athletes, if forgiven and embraced, have a chance to leave a legacy far greater for the good of the sport than anything they ever did on a bike.

"Lance Armstrong was given the same opportunity to come forward and be part of the solution. He rejected it.

"Instead he exercised his legal right not to contest the evidence and knowingly accepted the imposition of a ban from recognised competition for life and disqualification of his competitive results from 1998 forward."

Usada confirmed that two other members of the US Postal Service team, Dr Michele Ferrari and Dr Garcia del Moral, also received lifetime bans for their part in the doping conspiracy.

Three further members, team director Johan Bruyneel, a team doctor Dr Pedro Celaya and team trainer Jose Marti, have chosen to contest the charges and take their cases to arbitration.

Tygart also called on the UCI to "act on its own recent suggestion for a meaningful Truth and Reconciliation programme".

"Hopefully, the sport can unshackle itself from the past, and once and for all continue to move forward to a better future," he added.

as well as the usual kit full finger gloves, a thin wool beanie hat under the helmet, tights, thick socks, a jacket, a base layer, and if its really cold then neoprene overshoes.

There is no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes.

I think we all knew what was coming. Although it sounds even more damning than I thought it would be. Hincapie has also put a statement out on his website.

Kimmage must be rubbing his hands together as we spk.

what a shame about Lance, the USADA have really got him by the ball.