You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fao lifetime fan (forgot to quote til too late) Did you get your flat sorted?

Feeling all virtuous (and quite pleased with myself) having just completed 76k Glasgow to Edinburgh cycle event. Large pizza for me tonight

Posted while the endorphins were still sloshing around...kin wrecked now!

Fao lifetime fan (forgot to quote til too late) Did you get your flat sorted?

Feeling all virtuous (and quite pleased with myself) having just completed 76k Glasgow to Edinburgh cycle event. Large pizza for me tonight

Reckon it's the nipple on the valve, it looks like it's been bent compared to the valve on the front wheel.

Just short of 4 hours...check me on Strava

Avoiding it at the moment, the last two rides I've put on there I've walked as much as I've ridden thanks to the bloody chain.

Need to get a couple of decent rides under my belt again, got a 25 miler to Wales planned for when my chum gets back from Sri Lanka.

How long the 76 klicks take you Champ?

Just short of 4 hours...check me on Strava

For the sake of accuracy, you understand, I have to make a correction to the information I provided yesterday...it was 78k completed in 3:39:12 :whistle:

Hardly a warm up for you, really. Seriously impressed by your planned trip. What kind of training do you have to do for that?

In the summer I do a 25 mile ride twice a week and a 50 miler at the weekends my prefered routes are North to Ashurst Beacon or south to Delamere. In the winter I do 3-4 hours on the turbo trainer a week.

I should do some more core stability work but who has the time?

If you can do 80K you can do 50k with a big climb no problem. Its all about controlling your heart rate and your breathing, if you over cook it then you'll get oxygen defecit but keep going slow and you'll get there. I ride a compact but you see people with a triple chain ring on hybrids spinning the pedals and getting up the climbs at a decent clip.

Edited by L19red

you want to ditch the turbo trainer for one of these. It knocks a 3rd off your work out time and does your core. so 30 mins is equivalent to 45. It'll also reduce you a complete dick in front of your missus in the kitchen when you stack it. I reckon I could run the house for like 5 mins on it.

pro

gimp

half a dozen times nails it, i keep one foot out the clip.

..to know someone nearly as useless as me. I was asked the other day why I wasn't taking my puncture repair kit out with me....er, because I don't know how to fix one *hangs head in shame*

I never carry one either. I have a spare inner tube and tire levers.

I can repair a puncture, but at 2 quid for a new inner tube I can't be arsed.

Any one else been watching Road to Glory then?

Seen the first two episodes and it's great viewing. Dave Brailsford reminds me a lot of Clive Woodward with a bit of R@f@.

Just finished watching the second episode now....what an incredible set up

Brailsford is a fascinating character