You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Yea abuse; lack of use; being left outside; generally doesn't really tally with spending big on kids bikes. I'd even recommend second hand in most cases.

Definitely. Unfortunately, J was the oldest child in the family but we quickly got into an arrangement of hand me downs

6 hours ago, Champ said:

I’m sure I’ve said it before but spend no money on kids bikes.

We were all excited to buy J his first grown up one Christmas and spent a reasonable amount of money on it. By the time the weather improved for him to get out on it he’d practically grown out of it

5 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Yea abuse; lack of use; being left outside; generally doesn't really tally with spending big on kids bikes. I'd even recommend second hand in most cases.

Yeah we don't want to spend too much, but nor do we want some cheapo Disney brand one of she's going to use it lots. 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Absolutely pouring with rain all last night and this morning before my daily 40 minute commute to school. 

Not happy about riding in that kind of weather, especially because I'll have to ride home with wet clothes. Really hate driving though, so I got all geared up for a total soaking, open the garage door and it miraculously stopped raining. Rode all the way in and it started raining again just as I arrived to school.

Must have been how Eisenhower felt on the eve of D-Day, having to make the decision to go ahead with the invasion in bad weather. Clearly someone was on my side this morning.

XAX7EXPZIJE4LCUA4LYFDLDWGE.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
17 hours ago, ._. said:

Been using Zwift over the last few weeks but finding after about 40-50 my willy starts to tingle and goes numb. I'm thinking the vibrations are causing exercise-induced nob seizures. 

If you're hunched over the handle bars like Cav on a sprint all the time, try sitting upright a bit more or sit up every 15 minutes or so. Sounds like restricted blood flow!

Im off for a 25 minute session on the turbo trainer soon and find my palms get pins and needles with the pressure on the handle bars!

18 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

If you're hunched over the handle bars like Cav on a sprint all the time, try sitting upright a bit more or sit up every 15 minutes or so. Sounds like restricted blood flow!

Im off for a 25 minute session on the turbo trainer soon and find my palms get pins and needles with the pressure on the handle bars!

In fairness sitting up did help. Will give it ago to get rid of tingle dick. 

6 minutes ago, Champ said:

And here I go again…after months of a lay off the only comfort is that it can only get better/easier

I much prefer running \ jogging but, in winter Ive had my fill of freezing my nuts off and getting the odd chill here and there. The old girl made me get the flu jab this year and Im not sure that would make any difference in stopping them.

So Im back on the turbo trainer. Decided to knock it down a gear because top was hard work. But as you say, it gets better \ easier each time. If there's a warm day, I'll still get out for a jog rather than use the turbo.

• 4 months later...

KidD's bike is knackered, keeps slipping the chain and she's too big for it anyway so looking to upgrade to a 24" one. 

Any recommendations of refurbished bike places in Liverpool?  I've tried Hobson's and College Cycles but they've nothing suitable at the minute.  I know facebook/gumtree has options but as I have no concept of bike maintenance I'd rather get it from somewhere that has refurbished it so I don't need to. 

Shying away from buying a new one because the Jolly Green Giant will need a new one this time next year anyway. Cheers in advance you cycling nerds. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

What's the best app to use for cycle lanes? 

The old knees aren't what they used to be so I've not done any running for a bit. I'll be digging my hybrid bike out of storage in a few weeks and using that to shed a few pounds and get fitter. Could do with a better idea of where I'm going though. 

• 4 months later...

There will be a spectacular stage in Tour of Norway today, finish in my hometown Stavanger.

But the beginning of the stage is what will be really great when they ride over Suleskard and its spectacular scenery. 

IMG_8189.jpeg

IMG_8190.jpeg

IMG_8191.jpeg

IMG_8192.jpeg

IMG_8198.jpeg

IMG_8196.jpeg

IMG_8197.jpeg

IMG_8194.jpeg

IMG_8195.jpeg

IMG_8193.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Fuck it. IT'S ON MOTHERFUCKER! 

Just booked Friday 22nd off work. Setting off from Liverpool 9am-ish. One night stop in a place called Church near Accrington, should be back in Leeds Saturday afto. 

Doing this for Cancer Research as my Dad and Aunt are both suffering, with pancreatic and leukaemia respectively so if anyone's kind enough to offer a couple of quid, pm me and I'll send a link to my Just Giving page. 

Wish me luck you bunch of twats.

Much love

RL x

• Upvote 1