You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oh, and its the 4th progamme in the Road to Glory series tonight, the Tour de France. Have really enjoyed this series, some fascinating insights into the attention to detail in Brailsford's approach and some of the individuals involved, not least Dave Brailsford (would love it hear his views on Victoria Pendleton btw)

Best one yet, I think

Men's World Championships Road Race on BBC1 this morning. Cav's last race for Sky? And they've got the big guns out for him

He has got no chance. If you are looking for a GB rider to follow then see who gets into the breakaway or a big outsider is Jonathon Tiernan-Locke.

This is a race between Belguim (Gilbert & Boonen) and Spain (Valverde, Rodriguez & Friere) and Gilbert is the big favourite. The Cauberg is perfect for him and with 2 stage wins in the Vuelta he is in great form.

He has got no chance. If you are looking for a GB rider to follow then see who gets into the breakaway or a big outsider is Jonathon Tiernan-Locke.

This is a race between Belguim (Gilbert & Boonen) and Spain (Valverde, Rodriguez & Friere) and Gilbert is the big favourite. The Cauberg is perfect for him and with 2 stage wins in the Vuelta he is in great form.

Gerrans for me.

I'll tell you what gets on my tits, bike riders who flaunt road rules, or generally fuck about and show no consideration to other cyclists. I had two within a couple of minutes on my way to work this morning.

First there was a queue of us stopped at some traffic lights, this fat chubber decides to go up on the kerb, to avoid stopping and then go back on the road after the lights. This saved him about 2 seconds of waiting before the lights went green. He then proceeded to hold everyone up going downhill with his brakes on.

Next in the CBD it gets a bit busy, there are parked cars/taxis on one side and two lanes of virtually unmoving traffic. The only way to go here is pootle along in line between the parked cars and traffic for a couple of blocks until the traffic thins. This one guy though from about three behind me in the line made sure he got to the front of everyone at the next red traffic lights by weaving out between cars into the right hand lane then moving back over once he got to the lights. 4 of us then overtook him up the next hill.

If you are slow and shit, why are you making such an effort to push your way past fellow bike riders and getting in the way?

And what a nark Cavendsh is!

Doesnt mean I dont like him but hadnt realised how awkward he can be...and again feeds into all that stuff in the programme about managing the various dynamics within the team

Going to miss this when it finishes this week..its the only thing I'm following at the moment

Doesnt mean I dont like him but hadnt realised how awkward he can be...and again feeds into all that stuff in the programme about managing the various dynamics within the team

Going to miss this when it finishes this week..its the only thing I'm following at the moment

I'd bet every single one of the riders are exactly the same with having certain foibles that appear insignificant to others but they want absolutely so.is

A programme like this is all in the editing.

The series could have been a lot longer going more indepth with specific characters within the team.

One of my favourites coming up this weekend, the traditional end of season classic known as the race of the falling leaves or the Giro di Lombardia to give its real name. As an added bouns this year for the first time in a few decades its going over the Muro di Sormano. This is a climb for lunatics, only 1.7k in length but over 250m of altitude gained at an average of 17% with sections of 25% and still my wife wonders why I'm taking her on holiday to Lake Como next year. Well worth catching Eurosport this weekend for an hour or two.

One of my favourites coming up this weekend, the traditional end of season classic known as the race of the falling leaves or the Giro di Lombardia to give its real name. As an added bouns this year for the first time in a few decades its going over the Muro di Sormano. This is a climb for lunatics, only 1.7k in length but over 250m of altitude gained at an average of 17% with sections of 25% and still my wife wonders why I'm taking her on holiday to Lake Como next year. Well worth catching Eurosport this weekend for an hour or two.

It'll end in tears!

I gave her a choice, we could have gone to Provence for the Mont Ventoux instead but she wanted Italy.

Haha. Or does she cycle too? (your previous post suggests she is still in blissful ignorance about the reasons for choosing this beautiful location)