You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just found it;

Ave speed: 18.7km

Top speed: 39.7km

Elevation gain: 75m

Maximum elevation: 25m

That's more like it!

And while I like seeing my top speed (a bit of a challenge on a downhill section) its the distance and the average speed that counts

I use Garmin Connect.

Rumours flying around that Cav and Sky might be about to go their separate ways with Omega Pharma Quickstep waiting in the wings to sign him. Would be a good move for both I think, Cav he would get a proper lead out train and Sky wouldnt have to worry about supporting him over the mountains.

I use Garmin Connect.

Rumours flying around that Cav and Sky might be about to go their separate ways with Omega Pharma Quickstep waiting in the wings to sign him. Would be a good move for both I think, Cav he would get a proper lead out train and Sky wouldnt have to worry about supporting him over the mountains.

The rumours seem to suggest they've outbid BMC. Makes sense really. Sky are now a GT team, and everything will be based around winning/ challenging for the Giro, Le Tour and Le Vuelta. Having Cav (and Eisel) is 2 less climbing domestiques.

As for OPQS, they don't usually do anything after April, and the Classics campaign, built around Tommeke. Having quite a few of the HTC old guard already there will help - and winning stages in the GT's is his big motivation, and winning the Green jersey.

I am an expert in this field.

You need one with dropped handlebars. This also means when you are not racing you can turn them upwards and look like a proper legend.

You need derailleur gears. preferably shimano. No one ever won the tour de france on a three speed hub gear bike.

Water bottle holder. You might get thirsty.

Rack. Good for a cagoule, football (note: not basketball, they are too big and the springs will go) or backies.

Those toe clip things. Stop you slipping off the pedals when you are charging up a hill. This can cause severe bollock damage.

Reflectors. Both on rack and pedals. You don't want some clown in an Allegro rear ending you.

Mudguards. there is nothing worse than a trail of black muddy water up the back of a brand new white ellesse sweatshirt. Or an Ocean Pacific one for that matter. Sergio Tacchini tracksuit tops wash well though so choose this if you are going without mudguards. Short sports versions are available, but these are generally shit. get the long ones.

In competitions, i can recommend a piece of card and a peg. Your opponents will think you have a motor and will falsely accuse you of cheating. It is not illegal to have a card in your spokes. I checked.

Not necessary for racing, but a handy tip, have a loop of string (shoelace is good) tied around the centre of your wheel that spins and cleans. Keeps it nice and shiny.

Just finished a bit of a spin.

Distance: 37.71km

Time: 1h 35m

Max: 63.51km/h

Avg: 23.62 km/h

Bit pooped after it, but in a good way.

I wonder if someone can help me though. My toes keep going dead when I'm on the bike. I thought it was because I was using flat pedals and trainers. But this evening, for the first time I used proper shoes and pedals. Toes still went dead though.

Neck also gets a little bit sore, but I'm assuming that's just until the muscle build up a bit.

So any ideas?

Just finished a bit of a spin.

Distance: 37.71km

Time: 1h 35m

Max: 63.51km/h

Avg: 23.62 km/h

Bit pooped after it, but in a good way.

I wonder if someone can help me though. My toes keep going dead when I'm on the bike. I thought it was because I was using flat pedals and trainers. But this evening, for the first time I used proper shoes and pedals. Toes still went dead though.

Neck also gets a little bit sore, but I'm assuming that's just until the muscle build up a bit.

So any ideas?

loosen the straps a bit.

I am an expert in this field.

You need one with dropped handlebars. This also means when you are not racing you can turn them upwards and look like a proper legend.

You need derailleur gears. preferably shimano. No one ever won the tour de france on a three speed hub gear bike.

Water bottle holder. You might get thirsty.

Rack. Good for a cagoule' date=' football (note: not basketball, they are too big and the springs will go) or backies.

Those toe clip things. Stop you slipping off the pedals when you are charging up a hill. This can cause severe bollock damage.

Reflectors. Both on rack and pedals. You don't want some clown in an Allegro rear ending you.

Mudguards. there is nothing worse than a trail of black muddy water up the back of a brand new white ellesse sweatshirt. Or an Ocean Pacific one for that matter. Sergio Tacchini tracksuit tops wash well though so choose this if you are going without mudguards. Short sports versions are available, but these are generally shit. get the long ones.

In competitions, i can recommend a piece of card and a peg. Your opponents will think you have a motor and will falsely accuse you of cheating. It is not illegal to have a card in your spokes. I checked.

Not necessary for racing, but a handy tip, have a loop of string (shoelace is good) tied around the centre of your wheel that spins and cleans. Keeps it nice and shiny.[/quote']

ypur forgot about spokey dokeys!

With proper pedals and cycling shoes will they keep your foot dead straight?

It's just with a knee injury from years ago I don't like having my left foot facing dead straight as this puts an extra strain on the inside of my knee.

Depends on the cleats you buy, Shimano red cleats are fixed, but the yellow ones have some float. Either option can be adjusted by about 10 degrees either way so you can set them up to point at the angle you want.

Yellow are more popular as you need to have a very smooth pedalling style with red ones or you'll click out of the pedal.

Depends on the cleats you buy, Shimano red cleats are fixed, but the yellow ones have some float. Either option can be adjusted by about 10 degrees either way so you can set them up to point at the angle you want.

Yellow are more popular as you need to have a very smooth pedalling style with red ones or you'll click out of the pedal.

Nice one, was expecting for them to be a no go straight away.

Much deifference in the price of yellow and red cleats?