You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I kinda wanted him to stay there for a few decades and piss all over Ferguson's achievements

Well, he's already won 2 European cups which is what Ferguson has won. But you know if he had of stayed and won 8 or 9 titles he would have been called lucky and said it was done in a 2 team league.

Well, he's already won 2 European cups which is what Ferguson has won. But you know if he had of stayed and won 8 or 9 titles he would have been called lucky and said it was done in a 2 team league.

Just look at how Paisley's achievements are constantly overlooked when compared in the media to the louder personalities of Ferguson, Clough, Mourinho and others. The same will happen to Guardiola, and still would even if he'd won another 3 league titles and 1 other champions league trophy with Barca.

Since 2000 with Deportivo and Valencia haven't there been the same amount of clubs winning La Liga as the league?

It would have been interesting to see if he could transition through players as well.

I am not sure he wants another job.

might be one more

Edited by TheHowieLama
3 vs 4

Just look at how Paisley's achievements are constantly overlooked when compared in the media to the louder personalities of Ferguson, Clough, Mourinho and others. The same will happen to Guardiola, and still would even if he'd won another 3 league titles and 1 other champions league trophy with Barca.

Indeed. You only have to look at our previous fucking manager to prove that point.

Since 2000 with Deportivo and Valencia haven't there been the same amount of clubs winning La Liga as the league?

It would have been interesting to see if he could transition through players as well.

I am not sure he wants another job.

More teams have won La Liga in that period that the premier league. More teams have qualified for the Champions League in that period too. I done an article on this about a year ago.

So people think he would go from a midfield of Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets to one consisting of Spearing, Adam and Henderson.

Alllllrighty then.

Yeah, because he wouldn't be allowed to sign players if he joined. And whichever club, if he decides to manage another club, will be a downgrade from the players he had at Barca in most positions if not every position.

Yeah, because he wouldn't be allowed to sign players if he joined. And whichever club, if he decides to manage another club, will be a downgrade from the players he had at Barca in most positions if not every position.

If i had to choose a manager to take over when Dalglish decides to call it a day then Guardiola would be top of the list.

He has already worked with Borrell and Segura during his time as Barca 'b' team manager and has proven to bring through the youth from the Academy.

The problem is Chelsea would be all over him offering him crazy wages and a massive transfer budget.

If City don't win the league then i can see them likewise offering him an almost unlimited transfer fund.

Spurs are likely to wanting a manager due to Redknapp's impending departure for England and as a rule have spent heavily over the last few years.

So that is 3 clubs just from England who are likely to want a new manager in the summer.

If i had to choose a manager to take over when Dalglish decides to call it a day then Guardiola would be top of the list.

He has already worked with Borrell and Segura during his time as Barca 'b' team manager and has proven to bring through the youth from the Academy.

The problem is Chelsea would be all over him offering him crazy wages and a massive transfer budget.

If City don't win the league then i can see them likewise offering him an almost unlimited transfer fund.

Spurs are likely to wanting a manager due to Redknapp's impending departure for England and as a rule have spent heavily over the last few years.

So that is 3 clubs just from England who are likely to want a new manager in the summer.

Doesn't mean that he wouldn't be attracted to us. Money isn't everything, and I doubt it would satisfy Guardiola, or his critics, to transform teams that are already VERY close to winning things (Chelsea/M City) to teams that win CLs and League titles regularly. And I don't think Spurs are a big enough club to achieve what he wants to (win CL & League).

So we aren't as poor a proposition as people like to think.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The thing is, people just take it for granted that we don't have any money. I think we're doing okay. We didn't spend anything in the winter, so I expect funds to be there this summer. With any funds from outgoing players available to be spent on incoming players, I wouldn't be shocked at an 60-80m outlay. Depends on who we sell, I guess, but I think we're going to do better this summer.

Spurs are likely to lose Redknapp, Modric, Bale and Adebayor in the summer, they also have a wage cap which they tend to stick to, can see them struggling next year

The thing is, people just take it for granted that we don't have any money. I think we're doing okay. We didn't spend anything in the winter, so I expect funds to be there this summer. With any funds from outgoing players available to be spent on incoming players, I wouldn't be shocked at an 60-80m outlay. Depends on who we sell, I guess, but I think we're going to do better this summer.

Unless something changes DRASTICALLY - or the FFP actually works and is enforced - I do not think it is a stretch to suggest any of the other jobs mentioned would have more funds available.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Unless something changes DRASTICALLY - or the FFP actually works and is enforced - I do not think it is a stretch to suggest any of the other jobs mentioned would have more funds available.

jobs = clubs?

If for any reason we came to a point were we were in the market for a new manager, and Pep was available, then we would have to move heaven and earth to bring him here. First class manager, first class track record, plays first class football and is at a great age. I don't think it will come to that point any time soon, so it's a moot point, but Pep would be the dream appointment.

What has happened to City after they gave themselves a gift wrapped up in 'naming rights' wrapper.

So far nothing and tells you exactly what clubs like City and Chelsea will do to bypass the FFP.

The FFP only stops clubs from entering European competition so City if they wanted to could afford to take a couple of seasons stockpiling the best players.

This then puts pressure on UEFA to let them in the Champions League as the sponsors want the best players involved.

I find it quite hilarious that people honestly believe we would be on Pep's radar if he wasn't taking a sabbatical. We're a phenomenally long way from his level right now, while we were losing at home to West Brom this week he was competing for a league title and a champions league final place with a team full of superstars.

We're what? 40+ points off the top teams in this league why would he take that challenge on?! We can dream but I'd rather dream that Kenny can get us competitive again but I fear both scenarios are very unlikely.

I find it quite hilarious that people honestly believe we would be on Pep's radar if he wasn't taking a sabbatical. We're a phenomenally long way from his level right now, while we were losing at home to West Brom this week he was competing for a league title and a champions league final place with a team full of superstars.

We're what? 40+ points off the top teams in this league why would he take that challenge on?! We can dream but I'd rather dream that Kenny can get us competitive again but I fear both scenarios are very unlikely.

We are a big club who pays big wages, for however long that lasts we'll always be attractive. I find the laughter at anyone who makes an ambitious suggestion worse to be honest.

Nah, it wasn't fooling many.

11 games on the bounce but i'm not fooled

Shut up, Funnnneeeeeee

I, for one, am not criticizing the team which is brilliant, thats the point. The team is brilliant - whether Pep is brilliant is yet to be found out. This also applies to our side btw - it is down to the quality on the field, not on the bench.

Is DiMatteo going to be a great manager winning the league and CLs for the next twenty years, or is it a bounce similar to what Dalglish was able to do with the same group at the end of last season, time will tell.

As for his record, very good. I will lay you a fiver that Barca wins silver again before Guardiola does in his next job.

What an idiotic post.

You're an idiot.

When Guardiola was on the top of his career he left Barca to go and play for Brescia even if every top club around Europe wanted to sign him.

He is his own man, he will do exactly what he feels like and I would not rule out him wanting to give it a go with us.

When you think about it,are there a bigger challenge than winning the league with Liverpool after more than 20 years without the title coming home?

When Guardiola was on the top of his career he left Barca to go and play for Brescia even if every top club around Europe wanted to sign him.

He is his own man, he will do exactly what he feels like and I would not rule out him wanting to give it a go with us.

When you think about it,are there a bigger challenge than winning the league with Liverpool after more than 20 years without the title coming home?

You know it makes sense, Pep!