You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Well you can say that mate but its that attitude of its "clutching at straws" from so many thats allowed it to continue. Ashley young has been ridiculously bad for diving this season on numerous occasions this year, its been highlighted quite a bit. Hes quite rightly got a rep for it now. Yet over the past 2/3 weeks we've seen him win 2 ridiculously dubious penalties. The QPR one was one of the most scandalous decisions I've ever seen. Now contrast that with Suarez who we all know does dive a bit in fairness, but who has got the square root of fuck all for months. Both have bad well known reputations but one keeps on getting the decisions and the other gets fuck all. Why is that mate? Answer me that in all seriousness why that is? Its just simple logic, theres a bias there. Thats all it is. Theres no old fashioned, maybe the ref seen this, didn't see that bla bla.... Its just bias. The sooner people accept it the better.

Suarez /Young

Gerrard/Ronaldo

In his heyday Kenny had a repution for going over easy especially at the Kop end.

its clutching at straws plain and simple.

• Downvote 1

Suarez /Young

Gerrard/Ronaldo

In his heyday Kenny had a repution for going over easy especially at the Kop end.

Are you joking with the Gerrard/Ronaldo one, I honestly can't tell.

As for the Kenny one, I was a baby when Kenny last played for us.

So I won't pretend to be the fountain of all wisdom.

But I've heard old heads who are fans of all numbers of clubs say that Kenny was a fantastic and honest player, so I think maybe you're clutching at straws now.

To really get under his skin and worry the horrible old cunt, you have to win the title.

He was never so worried about Benitez as he was about Mourinho and Wenger, and his major worry these days is Man Shitty.

Essentially, whoever he considers the greatest threat to him winning trophies "gets under his skin".

He certainly disliked Benitez, but I'm not sure we were ever consistently a major threat to worry him unduly. Which is a real shame.

The evidence doesn't support your supposition - afterall (as you say), Ferguson won the title three times but Benitez is not constantly banging on about him is he?

Benitez undoubtedly got under his skin.

Suarez /Young

Gerrard/Ronaldo

Kennys masterpiece was backing into players . Never had reputation of going over easy . Anywhwere !

Someone should put together a "highlights" reel of all of the scum's dodgiest penalties - (given for them and denied for the opposition), all their dubious goals, the blatant offside's, rooneys violence, intimidation of refs, everything. Just lay it out like a piece of evidence.

All of it in one sequence so we can really see the absolute bias that they have enjoyed at everyone else's expense.

The prosecution rests.

Suarez /Young

Gerrard/Ronaldo

Gerrard / Ronaldo ??? Behave yourself.

Seems strange to me that you're saying Kenny had a rep for going over when almost every pro that talks about playing against him used to talk about the talent Kenny had for pushing his arse out into defender so they couldn't get around him at the ball. That would be a bit hard to do whilst laying down wouldn't it?

Just thinking: If anybody on here bumps into Mario Balotelli, tell him a bloke on the forum bet a tenner that Mad Mario is not cappable of hunting Fergie down, ass rape him and pull the "why allways me" shirt over hes head afterwards.

Mario just might accept the challenge.

Suarez is hardly a diver either, ridiculous that his reputation states otherwise. I can't think of a time when hes blatantly dived to win a free kick or penalty. He's one of the most honest players in the league in that regard.

Agree with this really.

Suarez is a very theatrical player when it comes to getting fouled, he makes the most out of them and all one has to do is watch him play to see that, but it's not the same as blatantly diving when there isn't contact.

In fact Suarez tends to try to fight through contact more often than not when he thinks he's in a good position to score. His "reputation"; courtesy of this thread's namesake along with his handball at the WC, the biting at ajax, and the "supposed racism"; is what causes the refs to overlook them. In all honesty it would not be profitable for the man to blatantly dive because if there is ever a player that a ref would love to card for simulation it's Suarez, the assaults against his character [some of them his own fault (the biting incident), others depending on who you were supporting at the time (the WC handball), and others still based on allegations by a single man and his scum football club] allow refs to punish him for such things with ruthlessness and yet I can't recall him being carded for it at all in a Liverpool shirt.

The fact that Kenny was the best player in the famous shirt at anfield doesn't stop me admittIng he Sometimes went down to easy to easy. One of my abiding Kenny moments was the famous tOny godden incident which we all loved and said was pure cheek but clever. If a current Chelsea or manc player did the same we d all say he should be banned and horrible dirty cheat etc.

Gerrard used to do go down ridiculously easy doesnt it mean he wasnt / isn't a great player? Of course not .

All fans have tinted glasses to suit their opinions and that's natural but a little bit of honesty and recognition occasionally gives us all more credibility

I think this another example of the pint Torahboy made in excellent post last week about news being anything the writer wants it to be.

In this instance neither the headline or the body of the article draws attention to it has to be said what is an unprovoked and astonishing attack on a fellow premiership manager. Why does the reporter pass up the opportunity to take the 'Fergie rant' angle?

This could have so easily have been, and had it been any other high profile manager other than Ferguson it would have been a witheringly critical article about said manager losing his marbles and embarrassing himself by revealing a monkey he's head on his back for years.

Had for example someone else said this about Ferguson he would have been ridiculed by the reporter.

I think this another example of the pint Torahboy made in excellent post last week about news being anything the writer wants it to be.

In this instance neither the headline or the body of the article draws attention to it has to be said what is an unprovoked and astonishing attack on a fellow premiership manager. Why does the reporter pass up the opportunity to take the 'Fergie rant' angle?

This could have so easily have been, and had it been any other high profile manager other than Ferguson it would have been a witheringly critical article about said manager losing his marbles and embarrassing himself by revealing a monkey he's head on his back for years.

Had for example someone else said this about Ferguson he would have been ridiculed by the reporter.

Well made point.

The fact that Kenny was the best player in the famous shirt at anfield doesn't stop me admittIng he Sometimes went down to easy to easy. One of my abiding Kenny moments was the famous tOny godden incident which we all loved and said was pure cheek but clever. If a current Chelsea or manc player did the same we d all say he should be banned and horrible dirty cheat etc.

Gerrard used to do go down ridiculously easy doesnt it mean he wasnt / isn't a great player? Of course not .

All fans have tinted glasses to suit their opinions and that's natural but a little bit of honesty and recognition occasionally gives us all more credibility

Not sure when these occasions of Kenny going down too easy where . Seriously . He done some remarkable things . With the ball and without it . The Tony Godden one wasnt illegal . Goalie rolls ball . Kenny runs from behind goalie and scores .

Repaying Kevin Moran back for putting him on the sidelines for a spell was naughty . That was why you didnt mess with him . Ray Ranson at Man City got a sorting as well . Thats without my rose tinted glasses on . But going down easy . Never . Sorry that didnt happen .

But then you have his pure football skills in the memory bank on top of that .

That is an honest and credible assessment using my 55 years experience watching Liverpool without rose tinted glasses on .

Not sure when these occasions of Kenny going down too easy where . Seriously . He done some remarkable things . With the ball and without it . The Tony Godden one wasnt illegal . Goalie rolls ball . Kenny runs from behind goalie and scores .

Repaying Kevin Moran back for putting him on the sidelines for a spell was naughty . That was why you didnt mess with him . Ray Ranson at Man City got a sorting as well . Thats without my rose tinted glasses on . But going down easy . Never . Sorry that didnt happen .

But then you have his pure football skills in the memory bank on top of that .

That is an honest and credible assessment using my 55 years experience watching Liverpool without rose tinted glasses on .

great post fella, although in my opinion he did master going over towards the Kop rather easy even if rather elegantly:drool:

It will be a pint of JB and coke to be fair.

I'm going out today to buy 2 bottles, 1 for our next title, 1 for when that cunt kicks it.

Seriously warped. Thing is someone that feverish is going to be just fucking miserable in retirement.