You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What a shit first half from a shit team. We all knew when we saw that team that it wasn't going to do much.

if enrique has been dropped because loss of form for a few games, how the hell does hendo, downing, carroll and carra get a game? Enrique should have started, with johnson at RB and agger and skrtel in the middle, its clear as day.

Carroll is just a waste of space, and so is hendo at RM. Better to have played kuyt who delivers in big games and maxi who always links up well with suarez and scores goals. Don't even get me started on tne waste of space that is downing.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need something different in the second half. I thought our undoing today might be Jones in goal (not his fault, just not a lot of experience at this level). But so far he has been just fine. Our undoing so far has been in the team selection as there is no balance. The strikers are too isolated, we are a bit overrun in midfield, and we have no threat down the left side because Agger is not a left back.

To use the same players, try this formation (3-4-1-2) with three at the back second half and see how we go:

Jones

Carra Skrtel Agger

Johnson Henderson Spearing Downing

Gerrard

Suarez Carroll

I'd be very tempted to replace Downing with Bellamy, and get Dirk in there at some point, as he always puts a shift in and seems to be a man for the big occasion.

I'm not happy with what I've seen so far. It needs changing up.

So Carragher is effectively the manager, Dalglish his meek underling?

There's no better explanation of why such a terrible player is selected without fail unless he loses his place through injury. It's either that or that Kenny is simply not a very good football manager in this era.

Carragher has been finished for at least two fucking years now! He was always a last ditch defender, not a sublime reader of the game so it took only slight physical decline to finish him off. That's why he's not a high level defender into his kid thirties unlike Hyypia or Maldini.

I stated that years ago but got the usual Ostrich Squad making excuses as they do for every club legend, like a small child who thinks his favourite superhero is real.

All he has to do to earn it back is play and be shit when one of the other CBs suffers an injury; he's certainly not going to lose out to a youngster.

As I said last week, Kenny is reminiscent of a politician who's on course for certain defeat at the next election. He's not really in charge any more and there's nothing he can do to turn it around.

The plus for us is Everton remain complete shit. One goal up will draw Moyes into his turtle defense and aboslute negativity.

In other words, a goal down is better for us than a goal up is for them. We just need to make the right changes and send people forward - which Agger can't do and which Johnson is loathe to do because of all the help Carra needs.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I think he is rubbish but he was our only good player in the CC Final.

I wouldnt have started him but it isnt 'ridiculous' as the others are.

I think the problem is that our £20m winger has to 'raise' his game to perform against a team from the second division (or whatever the fuck it's called now).

Why is Carragher playing? Just why? My head dropped the minute I seen his name on the teamsheet.

Kenny will lose his job behind his persistence in Carragher.

Carradonk couldnt get in the team for months - why is he still there now that Agger is back?

Under Rafa, Carra was a fucking colossus, but he's not that player anymore. We need to realise that. We need to move on from where we are.

Thing is we all do realise it ! fucking what is it with football managemant turning perfectly sane peoples minds to shit ?

Everyone knows apart from Kenny , fucking infuriating just play our solid back 4 Enrique would of been fine.