You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way will we win this one. Everton are too good and we only win when Stevie doesn`t play in the derby. Shitting myself already

Sarcasm I assume

I like our chances, it'll be very tough (they're confident, in good form, and beating them 3x in one season isn't a given). Think the key threat from them will be Baines, and I think they'll be sending in plenty to try to expose whoever is the keeper.

Only thing worrying me is that the 'poor, poor Everton' wimpering has been at an all time high this season, sob!, and Moyes is the greatest manager of all time and he hasn't won anything because, because, because, and he's off after this season and what a send-off would be if he won something, finally, sob!

Oh, and Howard fucking Webb, too.

Still, we'll do them - I think this is the plastering we've been waiting to give.

I was dreading this before Tuesday and now I'm super fired up.

I'd go with:

Jones

Johnson

Coates

Skrtel

Agger

Maxi

Gerrard

Spearing

Downing

Carroll

Suarez

All they are going to do is pump balls in the box and hope to put pressure on Jones. Hopefully playing Coates & Agger will help us deal with that threat. Also, Carra & Enrique have hardly been in great form the past few weeks, I also think the above 2 deserve to be in on merit.

Maxi should be an abvious starter after his goals on Tuesday - funny what happens when we have somebody in the box who actively looks for the tap in's. Apart from his goal at Fulham last season, has Maxi ever scored a goal for us futher out than about 8 yards?

Carroll has done well against these twats this season scoring and Woodison and playing well at Anfield. He'll be full of confidence after Tuesday and again, will help out defending set pieces.

C'MON RED MEN

Be interesting to see what team we would select versus KK's selection.

Personally I'd go for;

Jones

Johnson

Carragher - purely for experience over Coates.

Skrtel

Agger

Gerrard

Shelvey

Henderson

Spearing

Bellamy

Suarez

The way I see it we need to dominate the middle of the park, especially as they'll no doubt play 5 in the centre with Cahill pushing forward when possible. The 5 in the middle will allow gerrard, henderson and shelvey to push on and join Susrez when they can. This selection also allows 3 decent subs out of kuyt, downing, maxi and Carroll.

However, I think we'll see the following line up.

Jones

Johnson

Skrtel

Agger

Enrique

Kuyt

Gerrard

Spearing

Downing

Suarez

Carroll

What are your thoughts and team predictions?

who believes this friendly derby rubbish still? I saw running battles in both 86 and 89 at wembley and lost count the number of skirmishes at every derby game since in town. So what if we have mixed families it will be nasty at the services all the way down and nasty on wembley way.

I cant bloody wait;)

Was 2009 the last time we met them in the FA cup competition? If so, we got knocked out in the replay of whatever round that was. I think we owe them big time.

-----------Jones------------

Johnson---Skrtel---Agger--Enrique

---------Spearing-----------

Kuyt------Gerrard-------Downing/Maxi (please)

-------Carroll--Suarez------

Mighty Reds 3:0 Walton Bag Heads

Suarez skins distin and buries it from 9 yards

Stevie Me belter from 20 yards deflected off Heitinga's nose

Agger screamer on 90 minutes to put the icing on a gloriously beautiful day for the men in Red

I once sent a picture of my morning glory to a bird with the words 'good morning', but she got pissed off because her son was in the next room (?)

Admittedly, she was a bit grumpy because she'd spent the night in the family room at the intensive care unit at Alder Hey. But still, if a smiling Secsh wood won't cheer her up, what will?