You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brad Jones

Antynwa

Very nice moment. Come on, save penalty, point to sky in tribute to young son. Unfortunately the story didn't end there as he made a bad mistake which led to the second penalty, but Carroll's late header meant that Brad Jones finished on the winning side, and his penalty save made a big difference.

Very pleased for the lad.

Didnt we sign some lad from Ipswich or something in the Jan window?

As for Brad, he made one glaring error. Commentators pounced and said he had a terrible time flapping at crosses, not commanding his area... etc... Fuck off. The only crosses that came in was one that he collected, one that was out of his reach and Johnson/Carroll lost Yakubu and one that he tracked blackburns only runner and spread himself anticipating the shot. He hasnt played for us in the league, and yet saved a peno for his first contribution. Yes he fucked up for the second, but now that thats out of the way, he wont be dallying on the ball any longer than necessary.

Have faith in the lad.

All credit to the lad for coming in cold off the bench and saving that penalty. It wasn't a great penalty, but he did what was needed. Shame about the second goal, but we showed amazing spirit, down a man and winning at the end. Brad Jones has nerves of steel in what has been a difficult time for him and his family. Credit to him.

He made three bad mistakes. He kicked the ball into the Yak, he then flapped at the rebound when he probably could've caught it or tipped it over/wide and then he pushed the Yak who went down like a sack of shite. He could've conceivably got a red for that, it would've been harsh though.

He did make a good save from Carroll's header though and saved the penno.

I am hoping for a herculean performance on Saturday

Guest ShoePiss

He will fuck up again because he's a shit keeper, hopefully it doesn't cost us the game.

Very pleased that he saved that penalty, terrible circumstances to enter the game so it was nice he was gifted that save.

He made three bad mistakes. He kicked the ball into the Yak, he then flapped at the rebound when he probably could've caught it or tipped it over/wide and then he pushed the Yak who went down like a sack of shite. He could've conceivably got a red for that, it would've been harsh though.

He did make a good save from Carroll's header though and saved the penno.

I am hoping for a herculean performance on Saturday

A collective comedy of errors that counts as one huge one shouldnt it? I mean, it only led to one goal... and fortunately for us not another red.

Heres hoping he's up for it on Saturday.

Can't an emergency keeper be signed? I thought you could sign a keeper outside the transfer window if you had more than one of your keepers unavailable. I know we did it with Paul Jones a few years back, City did it with Fulop and I think Arsenal did it with Jens Lehmann. Not quite sure who's available but I think we should at least give it some consideration.

At the time we took the option with Paul Jones I remember thinking what's the point in having a number 3 or 4 keeper if you're not going to trust them but if there's someone out there that would be a better option than Brad Jones for the semi then why not?

Guest ShoePiss
Why am I not surprised ShoePiss is having a go at an LFC player?

It's almost like it's his mission in life to slag off any player he can playing for the team he, err, supports.

Are you joking?

True, fuck off Shoepiss.

There is a time and a place for it, and this isn't it. Pistonbroke was another in the match thread. Have a bit of common decency.

Still, he's not alone, I thought the entire club was a joke at the time of Jones' lad's death. We did the whole 10 minutes silence for Gary Speed, but we hardly touched upon one of our own losing a 5 year old child. I have to admit it sickened me.

I watched Jones in a reserve game last month and I thought he did really well. He's certainly no worse than Doni, you could even argue he deserves his place more than Pepe at the moment. At least he saved a pen, however bad it was.

So, no, I'm not particularly pining for Doni or Pepe to be quite honest.

Can't an emergency keeper be signed? I thought you could sign a keeper outside the transfer window if you had more than one of your keepers unavailable. I know we did it with Paul Jones a few years back, City did it with Fulop and I think Arsenal did it with Jens Lehmann. Not quite sure who's available but I think we should at least give it some consideration.

At the time we took the option with Paul Jones I remember thinking what's the point in having a number 3 or 4 keeper if you're not going to trust them but if there's someone out there that would be a better option than Brad Jones for the semi then why not?

I remember Arsenal getting Lehman back when they applied for special dispensation to get a back-up keeper in, but I think that it only applies if the keepers were injured, not suspended. Someone with more knowledge of how the FA works will be able to clear that up. I'm guessing since our keepers weren't injured, I think we have to use our next available keeper who plays with the under-19s.

True, fuck off Shoepiss.

There is a time and a place for it, and this isn't it. Pistonbroke was another in the match thread. Have a bit of common decency.

Still, he's not alone, I thought the entire club was a joke at the time of Jones' lad's death. We did the whole 10 minutes silence for Gary Speed, but we hardly touched upon one of our own losing a 5 year old child. I have to admit it sickened me.

I watched Jones in a reserve game last month and I thought he did really well. He's certainly no worse than Doni, you could even argue he deserves his place more than Pepe at the moment. At least he saved a pen, however bad it was.

I think that we did remember Brad's son. I recall that the announcer said that on LFC.tv that this was also for Luca at the CC Chelsea away?

I think that we did remember Brad's son. I recall that the announcer said that on LFC.tv that this was also for Luca at the CC Chelsea away?

That's what fucked me off, "ALSO for Luca".

He was secondary to the whole Speed media circus.

"Tonight! It's deep-suffering Speed grief headlining this minute's silence, also featuring a nod to Liverpool player Brad Jones for losing his 5 year old son".

It was just 100% not what I expected from this club. Now maybe Jones himself didnt want much made of it, but I think it's a stretch.

That's what fucked me off, "ALSO for Luca".

He was secondary to the whole Speed media circus.

"Tonight! It's deep-suffering Speed grief headlining this minute's silence, also featuring a nod to Liverpool player Brad Jones for losing his 5 year old son".

It was just 100% not what I expected from this club. Now maybe Jones himself didnt want much made of it, but I think it's a stretch.

I am sure that for the City game at home the minutes silence was for Jones' kid AND Gary Speed. In that order.

BBC Sport - Liverpool goalkeeper loan move ruled out by Premier League

Not allowed if suspended. Only allowed if injured

Guest ShoePiss
True, fuck off Shoepiss.

What the fucking fuck are you going on about? This isn't a thread marking respect for the passing of his son you absolute fucking tool.

antynwa wanted to note his performance in the game as he must have thought it was great, fair enough I didn't. I thought it was actually very bad, the first penalty was given to him, it's been a while since I've seen one so bad and his fuck ups for the next penalty were beyond shite.

This is a 30 year old man, not some 19 year old thrown in at the deep end.

You really are a fucking mong you.

Oh and the stoner I'm still waiting for you to explain your comment, you have to have me confused with someone else or you just wanted to have a go because I called you a farmer the other day. Anyway a quick look through my posts makes your statement look fucking stupid.

You farmer sounding inbred yokel!