Quantcast
The Rolling Stones - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

The Rolling Stones

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I got the 50th anniversary Let it Bleed a month or so back & had forgotten how good that track is.

Very underrated that one.

• Upvote 1

On 03/01/2020 at 17:41, Mook said:

I got the 50th anniversary Let it Bleed a month or so back & had forgotten how good that track is.

Very underrated that one.

The whole album is brilliant and doesn't overstay its welcome. It's my favourite Stones album. The guitar work throughout is exceptional. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

The whole album is brilliant and doesn't overstay its welcome. It's my favourite Stones album. The guitar work throughout is exceptional. 

Yep. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Gimme Shelter is one of the few songs to give me goose pimples when it catches me in the right mood. Particularly when the singer's voice cracks screaming out 'rape, murder'. The rest of the album is brilliant too.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Gimme Shelter is one of the few songs to give me goose pimples when it catches me in the right mood. Particularly when the singer's voice cracks screaming out 'rape, murder'. The rest of the album is brilliant too.

She done her own version in 1970.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mook said:

She done her own version in 1970.

Nice, thanks. Wasn't she supposed to have had a miscarriage after the original Stones recording session? Makes the song even more chilling if so.

16 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Nice, thanks. Wasn't she supposed to have had a miscarriage after the original Stones recording session? Makes the song even more chilling if so.

Aye, something like that.

The story is covered in that 20 Feet From Stardom film I think, which is really good.

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

Aye, something like that.

The story is covered in that 20 Feet From Stardom film I think, which is really good.

Cheers, I'll try and give that a watch if I can find it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

I think that was some kind of urban myth. 

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

My favourite song that

• Upvote 1

Just watching Keith Richards - Under The Influence on Netflix. 

No wonder Exile on Main St is one of the greatest albums ever.