You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Rolling Stones

Bjornebye

52 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Obsessed with the long, live versions of Midnight Rambler from about '69 at the moment.

Belter of a song.

I reckon the studio version is Charlie Watts' zenith as a drummer.

There's a great live (1971) version on the deluxe Sticky Fingers which came out 4/5 years back.

I saw the Stones a couple of years ago.  Mick Taylor came on unannounced and they played Midnight Rambler.  It scaled the heights.  Best song of the night, and it's not usually in my top 10.

Talking bout the Midnight...

Well have you heard about the Boston...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I always remember my mum had a greatest hits album of theirs and I was fascinated by its octagonal cover when I was a kid-

Image result for through the past darkly

I taped it when I was 11 or 12 and played the fucking thing to death over the next few years. This was my fave, brilliant stuff-

• Upvote 2

I listen to alot of audiobooks as they are handy for work and travelling. 

Wasn't the best done book though. Johnny Deep started the audio then they switch to some useless wannabe cockney half way through. 

Brian Jones' grave is a few feet from my nan & grandad's over in Cheltenham.

Might nip over to visit them this weekend. His grave you can spot a mile away due to all the flowers left by stones fans.

One of my childhood memories wondering who the hell he was when there.

57 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I listen to alot of audiobooks as they are handy for work and travelling. 

Wasn't the best done book though. Johnny Deep started the audio then they switch to some useless wannabe cockney half way through. 

I was only kidding mate.

But yeah that would do my head in. Some of his stories are boss. 

4 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Brian Jones' grave is a few feet from my nan & grandad's over in Cheltenham.

Might nip over to visit them this weekend. His grave you can spot a mile away due to all the flowers left by stones fans.

One of my childhood memories wondering who the hell he was when there.

Living in Portsmouth we would go to West Witterings in the summer, the beach up there is amazing. Keith Richards lives down by there. Don't blame him either.