You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Rolling Stones

Bjornebye

11 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Keith Richards always said he wished exile on main street was recorded at Muscle Shoals Alabama. Heres Jimmy Johnson guitarist/engineer of the swampers talking about cutting tracks with the Stones,

Below is  the above mentioned Jimmy showing his brilliance playing guitar on a bobby womack song. As bobby used to play session guitar for Sam Cooke and the Stones first hit 'it's all over now' was a Bobby Womack song it kinda shows how gifted these people were/are,

Jimmy Johnson is superb. 

I've been playing Sympathy for the Devil from Rock 'n' Roll Circus a lot lately, really good, John Lennon making moves to it and the Devil on Jaggers chest looks like how I imagine the Devil to look like. 

Can't post it for some reason. 

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Mook said:

I was listening to some of that album the other day, some good tracks on it, that one included. 

It's probably their last good one too for me, some good tracks later on others but as an album on the whole. 

I'd bet some cunt would find the cover offensive too these days. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I was listening to some of that album the other day, some good tracks on it, that one included. 

It's probably their last good one too for me, some good tracks later on others but as an album on the whole. 

I'd bet some cunt would find the cover offensive too these days. 

Aye, there's a couple of duff tracks on there but the rest is of a pretty high standard. I played it for the first time in years recently & was pleasantly surprised by it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone been a gig at anfield before?

Mate of mine has and said the sound was awful with the design of the ground and the 4 separate stands...he said he has sat in kop and main stand and it was terrible both times.

Any experiences?

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

Mate of mine has and said the sound was awful with the design of the ground and the 4 separate stands...he said he has sat in kop and main stand and it was terrible both times.

Any experiences?

I went to the justice concert in the 90s but can’t really remember what the sound was like. 

My missus has seen Paul McCartney (Kop) and Take That (Main Stand) there and just said it was fine. 

29 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I went to the justice concert in the 90s but can’t really remember what the sound was like. 

My missus has seen Paul McCartney (Kop) and Take That (Main Stand) there and just said it was fine. 

Fair do's

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Any experiences?

I went to the Hillsborough justice concert in the mid Nineties. I was on the pitch, so the sound was boss from there.

8 hours ago, an tha said:

Any experiences?

Justice gig, sat on kop and the sound was fine. If sound was a problem I doubt acts of the Stones and Elton calibre would play there.

12 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah but she supports Everton so it's not like her standards are high. 

If you were really concerned about the sound at a gig, you wouldn't be going to a stadium to hear one.

Best place to stand is near the sound engineers. I'd imagine sitting in a stand, away from the pitch at any stadium would sound pretty awful.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

If you were really concerned about the sound at a gig, you wouldn't be going to a stadium to hear one.

Best place to stand is near the sound engineers. I'd imagine sitting in a stand, away from the pitch at any stadium would sound pretty awful.

Oh no doubt stadium shows are notoriously dodgy for sound....in fact i find stadium shows pretty shite all round mostly.

But obviously some are worse than others and sometimes have no choice if want to really see an act.

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Oh no doubt stadium shows are notoriously dodgy for sound....in fact i find stadium shows pretty shite all round mostly.

But obviously some are worse than others and sometimes have no choice if want to really see an act.

Just ignore me, I'm a grumpy bastard. Hope you enjoy the gig mate.

• Upvote 1