You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Rolling Stones

Bjornebye

• 3 months later...
On 03/01/2020 at 17:41, Mook said:

I got the 50th anniversary Let it Bleed a month or so back & had forgotten how good that track is.

Very underrated that one.

The whole album is brilliant and doesn't overstay its welcome. It's my favourite Stones album. The guitar work throughout is exceptional. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, johnsusername said:

The whole album is brilliant and doesn't overstay its welcome. It's my favourite Stones album. The guitar work throughout is exceptional. 

Gimme Shelter is one of the few songs to give me goose pimples when it catches me in the right mood. Particularly when the singer's voice cracks screaming out 'rape, murder'. The rest of the album is brilliant too.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Gimme Shelter is one of the few songs to give me goose pimples when it catches me in the right mood. Particularly when the singer's voice cracks screaming out 'rape, murder'. The rest of the album is brilliant too.

She done her own version in 1970.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Nice, thanks. Wasn't she supposed to have had a miscarriage after the original Stones recording session? Makes the song even more chilling if so.

Aye, something like that.

The story is covered in that 20 Feet From Stardom film I think, which is really good.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else suspect that the ten unreleased tracks from Goats Head Soup will actually be better than the original album? 

Tbh, the unreleased bonus tracks from Exile plus Criss Cross & Scarlet make a better album than anything else they have done post-Exile

edit: before I get into this conversation again, I genuinely think Angie is an over-rated pile of toss

• 1 month later...

Keith Richards always said he wished exile on main street was recorded at Muscle Shoals Alabama. Heres Jimmy Johnson guitarist/engineer of the swampers talking about cutting tracks with the Stones,

Below is  the above mentioned Jimmy showing his brilliance playing guitar on a bobby womack song. As bobby used to play session guitar for Sam Cooke and the Stones first hit 'it's all over now' was a Bobby Womack song it kinda shows how gifted these people were/are,