You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Miley Cyrus

Chippy

36 minutes ago, Code said:

I think Mily Cyrus is great, it feels like a guilty pleasure, but it shouldnt be.

She is very underrated as a singer and artist, just because of who she is and how she grew up with that Hannah Montana stuff. 

I‘d easily have her in a top five of current female artist right now. 

I'll be selling this story to The Daily Stavanger once you're annointed Grand Mufti of Lapland. Miley fucken Cyrus. For shame.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

She is pretty talented. Her and Gaga are light years from manufactured female pop stars like Katy Perry and T Swift. 

You got to be joking. Swift has progressed from writing great little country songs to teenage pop blockbusters. She was voted most influential artist of the past decade and although obviously the music is way too young for me I can sort of understand it 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You got to be joking. Swift has progressed from writing great little country songs to teenage pop blockbusters. She was voted most influential artist of the past decade and although obviously the music is way too young for me I can sort of understand it 

No. Swift makes relatable music for teenage girls/young adult women and kudos to her for that, but besides that her musical talent is not on that level. She's the typical, bog standard, white girl pop star. 

15 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

No. Swift makes relatable music for teenage girls/young adult women and kudos to her for that, but besides that her musical talent is not on that level. She's the typical, bog standard, white girl pop star. 

I dont know about that, she writes her own material for one and as for bog standard shes probably been in the top.3 female artists in the world for the past decade, her main rival being Beyonce. 

Scroll down the shitload of awards shes been nominated for and won and it's a mix stretching from the Disney to the NME.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Taylor_Swift

Shes also in the Rolling Stone top 100 albums list and the Rolling stone top 100 songwriters list, admittedly low down but it's a hell of a list.

Be interesting how much of the material Miley actually writes as if you look at the track credits she is rarely the sole writer. 

Oren Yoel Co credited on every track on one album, bar one written by Dolly Parton and the last album is credited to multiple musicians on each track. 

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Be interesting how much of the material Miley actually writes as if you look at the track credits she is rarely the sole writer. 

Oren Yoel Co credited on every track on one album, bar one written by Dolly Parton and the last album is credited to multiple musicians on each track. 

Elvis who might win the male artist competition did not write his own stuff.

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I'm not sure I'd want to listen to a self penned Miley Cyrus record to be honest.

36 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I dont know about that, she writes her own material for one and as for bog standard shes probably been in the top.3 female artists in the world for the past decade, her main rival being Beyonce. 

Scroll down the shitload of awards shes been nominated for and won and it's a mix stretching from the Disney to the NME.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Taylor_Swift

Shes also in the Rolling Stone top 100 albums list and the Rolling stone top 100 songwriters list, admittedly low down but it's a hell of a list.

Since when do mainstream music awards and recognition equal talent? Her greatest talent is knowing what women want to listen too and that's made her very rich. But again, actual music and content of her songs, she's not at the same level as most of her popular contemporaries. 

10 minutes ago, Code said:

Elvis who might win the male artist competition did not write his own stuff.

I'm not knocking her if she didn't write her stuff. It's these sort of comments

She is pretty talented. Her and Gaga are light years from manufactured female pop stars like Katy Perry and T Swift.

but besides that her musical talent is not on that level.

21 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Since when do mainstream music awards and recognition equal talent? Her greatest talent is knowing what women want to listen too and that's made her very rich. But again, actual music and content of her songs, she's not at the same level as most of her popular contemporaries. 

I know it's not all about awards and her music is deffo not my thing but the recognition she has received from the full spectrum of the music industry makes her an artist who's hard to dismiss. Did she deserve artist of the decade by the American music press? Probably not but shes miles more inventive and talented than all the other female artists around with the possible exception of Beyonce.

Her latest album received a four an half star rating with Rolling Stone, not that Id want it for Christmas.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-album-reviews/taylor-swift-leaves-her-comfort-zones-behind-on-the-head-spinning-heart-breaking-folklore-1033533/

14 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

13 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Are you seriously saying Miley Cyrus is loads better than Taylor Swift? I feel like I've just switched on Mallet's Mallet only to find out they've replaced it with Bonk n Boob.

16 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Haters gonna hate, hate...

• Upvote 1