You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa match thread ( home )

sir roger

Is this ill-disciplined thing still getting thrown round? It's fucking embarrassing. How do you know whatever Gerrard is doing isn't exactly what the manager is telling him to do. What isn't helping the team is that there aren't enough players of gerrards ability in the side. We lack pace throughout the team and the confidence is quite clearly shot. There really isn't much else to it.

We swamped villa for various parts of the game but the set up was wrong again. Dirk Kuyt is finished as a footballer yet again when Carroll is brought on the only out and out winger we have is subbed for him, pretty much removing carrolls best asset. Kenny has made some Benitez-esque bad decisions with his subs of late. I really hope they don't continue.

he's fucking useless here. It's time we all accepted it.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is hilarious to see some people who said Henderson had his best game in a Liverpool shirt yesterday....this is how far down we have gone. Sad but true.

Average near to shit player like Henderson got praised when we drew against near relegation zone team like Villa at home.

No positive at all from yesterdays match. Tactics were all over the house, players looked lost, Suarez doing all by himself up front, midfield's shit as usual, Gerrard clueless, no Maxi again, defence were unorganized, Downing were shit apart from one cross to Kuyt in the first half, Kenny's usual subs etc. No Agger wasn't the difference yesterday. We need goalscorer and players who can feed them.

Overall, we were lucky to get a point. The only thing that Kenny has now is some little time because he won us the Carling Cup. Any other manager would have gotten the sacked after the Wigan game.

Get someone fresh this summer (manager and players) and start all over again. When i say fresh, i mean someone who is not by the name Rafael Benitez.

To me this is just lazy criticism, in theory you would think it could work that way, but for those who have actually watched both of them this season will know theory and realuty are two different things.

Carroll does not attack balls in the box, he stands there like a statue and most of his goals have come from balls played in early from a deeper and more central position than a winger getting to the byeline.

The defenders get the better of Carroll 99% of the time from crosses like that, simply because he has no movement and no anticipation.

In other words our coaching team is shit. If a player could not change the way the team work, what do we do? Coach him and make him improve to be a better striker.

1st, sack the coaching team, 2nd sell Carroll, 3rd sack Kenny and 4th you talk from your puckered little derrière. Fact.

To me this is just lazy criticism, in theory you would think it could work that way, but for those who have actually watched both of them this season will know theory and realuty are two different things.

Carroll does not attack balls in the box, he stands there like a statue and most of his goals have come from balls played in early from a deeper and more central position than a winger getting to the byeline.

The defenders get the better of Carroll 99% of the time from crosses like that, simply because he has no movement and no anticipation.

It's apparently lazy criticism from me to say why are we taking a winger off the pitch when we want goals when dirk Kuyt is still on the pitch and we are putting a big striker who's crap with his feet on. Yet in the next paragraph you are saying Carroll does not attack balls in the box when on quite a few occasions he clearly has, saying something about a winger getting to a byline which I didn't even mention and then finally making up a stat on how 99% of times Carroll is beaten in the air when a certain type of cross comes in the box.

Sometimes I think you take some undue stick and you say some quite intelligent stuff then you post some tripe like this and I think no you are just pretentious and haven't actually got a clue.

Haha. What a load of bollocks.

Your rationalisation only makes the manager look even more crazy. If he "has no movement and no anticipation" and "defenders get the better of Carroll 99% of the time" then why the fuck did he take off one of our better players at the time and bring him on?

The worst decision Kenny made yesterday was to not bring Maxi on. Maxi isn't the greatest when we don't have much possession and its a tough game. But we were absolutely dominating possession and Maxi would have gotten into goal scoring positions, and actually scored. Unlike Kuyt, Carroll, et al.

It's apparently lazy criticism from me to say why are we taking a winger off the pitch when we want goals when dirk Kuyt is still on the pitch and we are putting a big striker who's crap with his feet on. Yet in the next paragraph you are saying Carroll does not attack balls in the box when on quite a few occasions he clearly has, saying something about a winger getting to a byline which I didn't even mention and then finally making up a stat on how 99% of times Carroll is beaten in the air when a certain type of cross comes in the box.

Sometimes I think you take some undue stick and you say some quite intelligent stuff then you post some tripe like this and I think no you are just pretentious and haven't actually got a clue.

Look at Carrolls goals, how many of them have come because a winger have gone past the defender on the outside and put a cross in?

When you have done that we can get back to the debate about Downing Carroll.

It's only really the last few months that I've started to properly miss Rafa. Even when it went to shit you felt there was something of a plan, however tenuous. A poor run of form wasn't met with the "do the same failed thing and hope for the best" ball employed by the managers we've had since.

Same here.

At the time i thought he had run his course with us.

We are so far away from what we were doing under Benitez its scary , them nights of beating and sometimes thrashing the cream of Europe along with going deep in the CL every season are long gone , i cant see us seeing them sort of nights again for a long long time.

It got to the stage where we all just expected to roll over the likes of Inter and Madrid , we had world class players backed up by very good players ...... when you look at what we have now and where we are its just horrible

Remember Rafa used to always go on about mentality? if we didn't really understand why then we certainly know now.

There were negatives with Rafa for sure but the positives outweighed them ..... with a settled club and owners Rafa im sure would take us places again , thats what we all want isn't it?

Shelvey was offering nothing, Henderson was showing far more yesterday. Thought it was his best game for ages, he looked a good centre mid keeping the ball moving.

I saw it the other way round ..... Shelvey was spraying the ball round nicely and moving it around in tight spaces very well and looking eager and positive to make things hapen.

Henderson was doing his usual 5 yard sideway passes and lay offs when he wasnt giving the bal away , he did do 1 or 2 nice passes in the first half ill give him that but its nowhere near enough , the 2nd half was no different.

Shelvey is already a better player than Henderson ..... give him the same amount of playing time Henderson has had and we would all see it.

Look at Carrolls goals, how many of them have come because a winger have gone past the defender on the outside and put a cross in?

When you have done that we can get back to the debate about Downing Carroll.

Oh don't get me wrong the start to Downing and Carroll's Liverpool careers is nothing short of woeful. We didn't sign Stuart Downing because he heads a good corner away though or because he bully defenders and holds the ball up well. We signed him because he plays on the wing and makes chances and he made a fucking bucket load of assists at villa last season. We also didn't sign Andy Carroll because hes the next Aguero and does a nice back heel either. We signed him because aerially he was showing to be one of the best big men in the premier league. He won headers in the box resulting in a goal for him or a team mate plenty of times at Newcastle.

For whatever reason they both haven't performed this season but bringing him off the bench and removing the only proper winger we own is a fucking stupid decision in anyone's book. If you disagree with me then fine but don't start chatting absolute bollocks to me to try and look clever and then respond like that when you have been had off. Andy Carroll has went hiding in a lot of games this season but on occasion has attacked the ball in the box from crosses. He's hit the bar on at least one occassion and has headed just over on others. Not good enough yes; but unlucky as well. This is the only part of his game that has made him look, on occasion, like a professional footballer. If you are going to bring him off the bench to try and win the game why are we nullifying his only real strength by taking off a winger? Especially when the absolute crab that is dirk Kuyt is still on the pitch.

That comment about people who actually watch the games doesn't help you either. Instead of having your head inside your own arse why don't you actually consider what people are saying might be true instead of trying to luck smart all the time. You might realise people might actually start to respect your opinion rather than dismiss it as typical code bollocks as seems to happen on here.

Oh don't get me wrong the start to Downing and Carroll's Liverpool careers is nothing short of woeful. We didn't sign Stuart Downing because he heads a good corner away though or because he bully defenders and holds the ball up well. We signed him because he plays on the wing and makes chances and he made a fucking bucket load of assists at villa last season.

Downing had 7 assists for Villa last year and thats not a shedload in anyones book, not sure how many of those came from set pieces but I'd expect a few.

Since you are talking about Kuyt further down as you wanted him off instead of Downing by the looks of it, he got 7 assists last season as well, he had 3 assists the year before and 1 so far this season.

Downing had 1 assist two seasons ago and fuck all this season.

When it comes to goals scored Kuyt is superior with 2, 13 and 9 compared to Downings 0, 7 and 2 and since we were looking for a goal to get back in the match I'd say Kuyt looks like the best option both when it comes to creating a goal and maybe even score a goal.

We also didn't sign Andy Carroll because hes the next Aguero and does a nice back heel either. We signed him because aerially he was showing to be one of the best big men in the premier league. He won headers in the box resulting in a goal for him or a team mate plenty of times at Newcastle.

Carroll made 3 assists last season and like I said his movement and anticipation inside or outside the box show that playing him with a winger to give him service works better in theory than in reality.

Like the video of his goals at Newcastle from last season will show, wingplay and Andy Carroll really has nothing to do with eachother and its certainly not something you need to get the best out of him.

[YOUTUBE]O5aHzVPtJRU[/YOUTUBE]

For whatever reason they both haven't performed this season but bringing him off the bench and removing the only proper winger we own is a fucking stupid decision in anyone's book. If you disagree with me then fine but don't start chatting absolute bollocks to me to try and look clever and then respond like that when you have been had off. Andy Carroll has went hiding in a lot of games this season but on occasion has attacked the ball in the box from crosses. He's hit the bar on at least one occassion and has headed just over on others. Not good enough yes; but unlucky as well. This is the only part of his game that has made him look, on occasion, like a professional footballer. If you are going to bring him off the bench to try and win the game why are we nullifying his only real strength by taking off a winger? Especially when the absolute crab that is dirk Kuyt is still on the pitch.

See above and try to understand it this time around, Andy Carroll does not thrive in a side because of wingers, simply because his movemenet inside the box is non existant.

He need the ball played in early, mostly from a bit more central early so the defenders can just outmuscle him and get to the ball first because they actual are able to move and get onto the ball.

That comment about people who actually watch the games doesn't help you either. Instead of having your head inside your own arse why don't you actually consider what people are saying might be true instead of trying to luck smart all the time. You might realise people might actually start to respect your opinion rather than dismiss it as typical code bollocks as seems to happen on here.

I looked at what you said, thought it was a load of lazy bollocks based on theory instead of reality and tried to point this out to you by giving you exaples and evidence.

You obviously still did not get it but when I now have tried fro the second time it might start to sink in.

Wing play and Andy Carroll is not complentary tools, even if it might looks like it in theory.

A load of Code bollocks

You're talking shit. The reality of the situation was that we had them pinned into their own box and we were constantly pinging crosses in.

The best crossers of the ball we have in our squad are Gerrard, Downing and Bellamy. Gerrard put in the cross the for the goal. Downing put in the cross which Kuyt should have scored in the first half.

Kuyt had played terribly all day and should have been taken off. Downing had actually played okay (for his usually terrible self) and definitely played better than Henderson and Kuyt.

Kennys decisions yesterday were, as usual this season, wrong.

Carroll was brought on to tie up defenders and create space for Suarez and to knock the ball down for him, not to be on the last defender knocking downings crosses into the net. He cant do that, as we've witnessed all season.

You're talking shit. The reality of the situation was that we had them pinned into their own box and we were constantly pinging crosses in.

The best crossers of the ball we have in our squad are Gerrard, Downing and Bellamy. Gerrard put in the cross the for the goal. Downing put in the cross which Kuyt should have scored in the first half.

Kuyt had played terribly all day and should have been taken off. Downing had actually played okay (for his usually terrible self) and definitely played better than Henderson and Kuyt.

Kennys decisions yesterday were, as usual this season, wrong.

Have I ever mentioned that I think you're an utter quim?

Have I ever mentioned that I think you're an utter quim?

The reason you hate me so much is because you so often find yourself unable to defend the criticisms I pose, and you want to so so much.

Hey guess what. Kenny can make mistakes. Santa isnt real. And even though mummy said bunny wabbits gave you your easter egg, they probably didnt.

If we were going to play that system then why buy Downing? His best asset is crossing?

Neither Suarez or Carroll benefit from that.

Exactly, that is the point, why the fuck did Kenny signed Carroll for and also the average winger in Downing?

Just look at Torres before he join us with Atletico, he ran the show, he scored from outside the box, he carry the whole team, he didn't score that many but he has the influence on the team. When he came here, he was totally opposite and we were taken by surprise on how good he became. He scored from left, right and centre. Absolute joy to watch.

I don't understand the logic in comparing Carroll's scoring technique with Newcastle before and his current form now. Players change to become better with better players around him. Sadly not Carroll. Its either him not giving his all and change his his type of play or he's just not good enough. It could be both. Or it could be we didn't create enough for him. Anyhow, we wasted 35mil on him and get nothing in return(enough goals scored).

No point talking about Carroll and Downing now. Both are average players for us. We wasted money on them and Kenny is in big shit right now. Big mistake.