You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa match thread ( home )

sir roger

The Downing sub was another poor decision and to persist with Kuyt is painful to watch.I hope it wasnt an appeasement after his agents remarks.

Overall,a much better performance second half.Henderson is a central midfield player without doubt and Shelvey should still be playing in the championship at this stage in his career.

I thought Doni was harshly criticised for their goal too.Our defenders and midfielders must switch on more.

Who the fuck could criticise Doni for the goal.... Unbelieveable.

Try the gaping chasm in the middle of the park from where Herd came and had all day to shoot.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to replace more than Dalglish, the whole coaching staff needs turning out. Have to make some player changes but those aren't as easy.

This is how i see it , tear it up and start again with a clean slate ..... nothing will change next season if we stay with this set up.

I Dont agree that player changes arnt as easy though .... just buy quality for the front 6 positions its really that simple , theres plenty of attainable quality out there at a decent price to but we have to look further than the North fucking East for it.

You can be as sarcastic as you like but how many times have we been genuinely outplayed this season? There have been loads of games were we have not got our rewards, and lucas coming back will make a difference as well, we have not looked as solid since he got injured.

Loads, actually. The team had no fucking structure, so even though they often start well at the kick off fresh out of the dressing room, when things started going awry, they have no fucking clue where to begin to build up again.

Guest ShoePiss
We wore black arm bands today.

When did we start wearing black arm bands for the last league game before the Hillsborough anniversary, when there is another fixture, the cup game closer?

It was the last home game before the anniversary. I don't keep record of all our black armband wearing but I saw absolutely nothing wrong with it at all.

Even if we had won, it would only have papered over the cracks. Sadly, we are an average top half team now. We're playing worse than that at the moment, partly down to loss of confidence. We have played better than that, notably at the start of the season when we were creating plenty of chances but not finishing them. Our defending was better, so we were sneaking draws and the occasional win. You can only go so long like that, and eventually with injuries, Suarezgate etc. the confidence drained away and the defence started leaking goals while the attack continued to be as powder puff as ever.

The underlying problems are still there.

Lack of quality- there are only so many times hitting the post / just missing can be put down to bad luck, and a bit more quality would mean more goals and more confidence. The final pass is too often mishit, misplaced, behind the player and so on- lack of quality. We need better players- technique and mentality.

Lack of pace- we have been moaning about this for ages but the problem if anything is getting worse- Downing the quickest player in the team? Oh dear. Bellamy? A 33 year old veteran with no knees? Oh dear. Gerrard? Inspirational player whose best years are behind him and who no longer has that burst to get away from players? Oh dear. And it just gets worse from there. When we attack, how many times do you see our players receive the ball and turn back or inside because they know they cannot outrun the opposition player? We can't hurt teams on the counter attack because of this.

Tactics- We don't seem to have a plan or way of playing, as seen in the first half. Not enough movement and options, but more than that not enough TEAM movement. It's no good one or two of the forwards making runs while eight other outfield players stand there and try to hit a Hollywood ball to pick out the forward who is surrounded by three defenders every time. The team needs to move the ball around faster, which is hindered by poor passing technique and lack of pace once the player does get the ball.

Oh, and I HATE that whisky soaked c**t from down the M62. Done a great hatchet job on Suarez, so now everyone including the media and the referees think its open season on him, and if he gets a booking after being fouled its OK because that's the "reputation he has"- given him by that c**t.

Where now? We can't wield any power with the media unless we are successful and have something they want- then we can refuse access to the Mirror / Guardian / whoever else we need. So put that on the backburner for the moment, play the game, but don't forget.

We can't influence the FA / officials at the moment- no-one with close links, not successful enough to demand certain referees don't officiate our games- so again put on the back burner, but keep working for influence, and don't forget what they did to us.

The club needs a united front, from J.Henry to Kenny to the players to the fans. Decisions about moving people on to be done behind the scenes, at the end of the season- no point now. We don't have half a billion to spend as City did (although the previous £100M wasn't terribly well spent), so it will have to be slow steady progression. We need leadership that the owners and the fans believe in. I don't know if Kenny is that man, I don't know how much of the tactics or signings are his, but I believe he has the interests of LFC at heart and if he feels he is not the man for the job he will walk himself. I'd rather that then tossers like Barclay and Holt hounding him out. If he's not the man, whoever comes in will need time and support, and could do without the fans turning against him after one bed season, egged on by senior egos, wannabe football managers and shit stirring media.

That all comes under Kenny's purview so those things would change naturally with a new manager, who would have his own ideas on how the side is coached.

First thing i's do as new coach, pay up Carra's contract, thank him and send him on his way. Then take the armband off Gerrard. If he doesn't like it, tough, we can say good luck to him too. We need to move past them and start behaving like a big club again, no one bigger the team. It's clear the two of them have way too much influence at the club.

Agree totally.

I find Gerrard incredibly lazy off the ball, it's a real problem, we don't close down in numbers, it's just one man going.

Basics.

That is the way it looks.

No it doesn't.

Its just another way for apologists such as yourself to deflect away from the real problem. Its quite pathetic that in the face of fair criticism, all you'll ever get on this site is "cunt" "mong" or some other derogatory blabber because people can't accept the truth.

People aren't happy we're shit. The only people who seem to be anything near happy - perhaps, content - are those who aren't outraged by our performance on and off the pitch this season.

Guest The Big Green Bastard
I see people are really enjoying sticking the boot in.

Thats becuase the overpaid players don't.

Generally coming around to that idea also.

Stevie and Carra have been massive for us for over 10 years, but the club must move on, it can't be built around these 2 anymore.

They have rightly written themselves into the fabric of this club will have eternal respect for them both, but they are not giving us what they used to be able to give before.

A new chapter in our clubs history should start with or without them.

Well I suppose they at least showed a bit of fight near the end to get the equaliser which is more than can be said for the games against Wigan and Newcastle but God it's depressing to be relieved at salvaging a draw at home against a side as bad as Villa. There was so much wrong with the goal we conceded I don't even know where to start and it was a struggle from there on. Yet again time after time the players just seemed to make the wrong decision in attacking positions. They would shoot when they should have passed and pass when they should have shot. It was good to see Agger back and hopefully he can at least sort out the defence which has been a shambles since he was injured. God knows who will sort out the attack. Really can't see how we can win the semi final next week on current form. Virtually every player seems to be below par at the moment.

Guest ShoePiss
No it doesn't.

Its just another way for apologists such as yourself to deflect away from the real problem. Its quite pathetic that in the face of fair criticism, all you'll ever get on this site is "cunt" "mong" or some other derogatory blabber because people can't accept the truth.

People aren't happy we're shit. The only people who seem to be anything near happy - perhaps, content - are those who aren't outraged by our performance on and off the pitch this season.

Yes it does actually. People are gleefully putting the boot in. As for the quality of the discourse, it's TLW and has been this way for a long time. You need to join another site if that stuff bothers you.

Yes it does actually. People are gleefully putting the boot in. As for the quality of the discourse, it's TLW and has been this way for a long time. You need to join another site if that stuff bothers you.

What the fuck are you on about?

People are angry, upset and dissapointed.

They are rightfully voicing those feelings, and the team and manager deserve every bit of criticism given to them.

There is no "glee" involved. You seem to want us put a glum look on our faces and open our mouths for the next serving of piss-poor performances next week.

The boot needs to be put in. How, a Liverpool fan, can watch our performances and not be pissed off is beyond me.

Guest ShoePiss
What the fuck are you on about?

People are angry, upset and dissapointed.

They are rightfully voicing those feelings, and the team and manager deserve every bit of criticism given to them.

There is no "glee" involved. You seem to want us put a glum look on our faces and open our mouths for the next serving of piss-poor performances next week.

The boot needs to be put in. How, a Liverpool fan, can watch our performances and not be pissed off is beyond me.

You fucking dickhead haha.

When the 3rd Reich were about to fall, many top crust Nazi officers began to party like there would be no tomorrow. To many onlookers, they probably looked like cheering for the demise of their own regime.

I've fucking seen it all now.