You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa match thread ( home )

sir roger

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to point out that we have 8 draws at home in the league this season.

The PL record is 10, set by Sheffield Wednesday and Leicester.

4 home games left.

It's when you hear stuff like this that you find it hard to defend Kenny not getting sacked on the spot, fucking disgraceful stat and no amount of excuses washes it away, the whole fucking team and management should be ashamed of themselves.

any kind of win will do.

coates has to start if agger isn't fit and that doesn't mean shifting another centre back to right back.

I'd leave carroll in as well. we need to see a reaction to the humiliation last sunday.

Playing ineffectual football?

If that's what you see, sound. I ain't here to tell you what to think.

The fact that we have played a lot of teams off the park without being able to put the ball in the net, to me, doesn't equal ineffectual football.

The fact that we have played a lot of teams off the park without being able to put the ball in the net, to me, doesn't equal ineffectual football.

Ultimately, it does. Nevertheless, the striker we obviously needed to sign in January - if not before - would certainly have helped, so I take your point...

Ultimately, it does. Nevertheless, the striker we obviously needed to sign in January - if not before - would certainly have helped, so I take your point...

I believe the point to be we are playing a brand of clueless football more than just a part of it isn't quite working yet.

I believe the point to be we are playing a brand of clueless football more than just a part of it isn't quite working yet.

We are (playing clueless football) now, in my opinion. You could argue that's down to a loss of confidence. Which it's bound to be, to some extent. But you could also argue that it's down to a lack of quality, especially in our 2011 signings. Which is the point that I'd emphasize. I'd no complaints about the way we were trying to play at the end of last season and the start of this season. I've plenty of complaints about our transfer activity.

We are (playing clueless football) now, in my opinion. You could argue that's down to a loss of confidence. Which it's bound to be, to some extent. But you could also argue that it's down to a lack of quality, especially in our 2011 signings. Which is the point that I'd emphasize. I'd no complaints about the way we were trying to play at the end of last season and the start of this season. I've plenty of complaints about our transfer activity.

Personally I don't think we are as consistently bad as some do make out that we are. Yeah, we've had our shite displays but that is more down to us not quite being good enough yet. Part of that is also down to the signings we've made.

However, the issues that fucked us at the start of the season are still prevalent now but we've added the loss of Lucas and Agger to what was a fairly solid defensive side of our game and we've suffered. Instead of drawing games when we couldn't put the ball away enough like at the start of the season we are now losing them (Arsenal, QPR to name but two).

There is no doubting that we need more in the final third to kick on but people do love to overstate the position we are currently in. It is reactionary bollocks of the highest order.

THAT, is probably the dictionary definition of ineffectual football. :yes:

for fucks sake, Carra is there with Robbie, Stevie and Sami as my favourite LFC players in my time but playing him at the moment is fucking ridiculous, we have nothing to play for, he is playing awful and we have one of the supposed best young centre backs around sat on his arse when he could be getting much needed match practise

Doni, Flanagan, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique, Henderson, Shelvey, Gerrard, Downing, Suarez, Kuyt.

Subs:Jones, Bellamy, Carroll, Maxi, Spearing, Agger, Coates.

With Carra playing it will probably mean that we play deeper and put pressure on Doni. I suppose Kenny is thinking he needs experience in front of him, or else he believes Carra deserves to start on form.

Who will play the deepest of the 3 in midfield or will it be a 442 with Henderson on the right again?

I'm normally of a confident sort but that is a poor side and I would be surprised if we don't concede. Hopefully we can score 2 or more.