You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa match thread ( home )

sir roger

Its not, thats the tragedy of it all .

I've said it countless times, what the fuck can Kenny do when players who should do better, don't do it.

What are we fucking supposed to do though?

At this point we either ship out another shitload of players at a loss and try and rebuild again or we change Manager. Thats about the only options on the table.

For the past while I've thought theres another option, next year things might change and we might not need to change that much. I think I've been living in cloud cookoo land...something I've leveled at many a poster myself in my time posting on here.

I just don't see how things are going to change with this setup. Something has to change.

Shipping out some players needs to happen regardless of who the manager is. Hopefully some tough decision can be made i.e shipping out players recently signed aswell rather than hoping they will come good.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right time to redress the balance.

We were fucking awsome today. 21 shots and we even managed to get 5 on target resulting in one fantastic goal which should have been enought had not been for an inept linesman not giving offside for Villas goal.

Great to see the team perfoming so well with just the ref preventing us from getting at least 5 penalties.

Good performance lads you deserve a week or 2 off for that one.

What about Dirk Kuyts preformance today?? it was a fuckin shocker of a preformance!!!

What about Reina's performances this season?? Gerrard had been way off the pace?? Carragher?? come on for fucks sake, it cant always be kennys fault.

As much as i think Kenny wont be in charge of the club at the start of the season IT CAN'T always be the managers fault

Somewhere collective responsibility needs to take place and im sick of it being the managers fault ALL the time

1. Reina performances? Manage him, drop him for a game or two.

2.Gerrards off the pace? Is he getting played to his strengths, massive no for me. Who's accountable for that?

3. Carragher? Who picks him? Who leaves Coates on the bench?

Sometimes it is only the managers fault

Have to replace more than Dalglish, the whole coaching staff needs turning out.

That all comes under Kenny's purview so those things would change naturally with a new manager, who would have his own ideas on how the side is coached.

First thing i's do as new coach, pay up Carra's contract, thank him and send him on his way. Then take the armband off Gerrard. If he doesn't like it, tough, we can say good luck to him too. We need to move past them and start behaving like a big club again, no one bigger the team. It's clear the two of them have way too much influence at the club.

1. Reina performances? Manage him, drop him for a game or two.

2.Gerrards off the pace? Is he getting played to his strengths, massive no for me. Who's accountable for that?

3. Carragher? Who picks him? Who leaves Coates on the bench?

Sometimes it is only the managers fault

Indeed. And let us not forget the tactics, for he's light years behind Rafa in that area. He doesn't get pressing at all, and he still struggles with the fact that you can make three substitutions, so late does he usually leave them. Sad to say, but Kenny is from a different era.

Who played these players? Who picked them?

Reina has been crap at times this season and Gerrard hasn't been too but neither of them is to blame today. Gerrard was one of only two players who looked like scoring or creating a goal.

The reason we lost is because of the players he picked and the tactics he deployed. Yeah, every player has been awful and they deserve to be called up on that. But its the managers job to get this squad of players winning games. The whole thread is full of criticism for our players and most fans want us to get rid of quite a few too - collective responsibility is taking place.

First of all mate we didn't lose today, we drew! it felt like a defeat but thank fuck it wasn't another one and secondly the team that was put out today was more than good enough to beat Villa's youth team, would you not agree??

You can't blame him for Enrique's form, Carraghers form, Henderson, Downing, Kuyt, preformances. The only thing i would question today about his management was why he brought off Shelvey and if our game plan was to pump percentage balls into the box, why didn't we start with Carroll up front.

Again i think this should be about collective responsibility not just finger pointing towards the manager, everybody has not been good enough!

Just back from the game, Anfield gets stranger each week this season.

Well on the positive side, Kenny’s promise of a new philosophy and hard work delivered today. Only conceding one, and scoring one, was an improvement on the Newcastle game. And, for the first 70 minutes the lads didn’t tire themselves out too much for the game against Blackburn, Steve Kean is a canny operator, and we will need to be at our best for that one.

Also Everton, Sunderland and Norwich drawing means that we have consolidated eighth place, a top ten finish still looks on.

I do not understand why Downing was subbed when we needed to put some crosses into The Big Man – was he injured? If you spend £55m on two players, one to ping the ball across, the other to nod it in, might it not be an idea to play them on the pitch at the same time? Crazy I know.

The FA Cup is clearly Kenny’s main priority with a Euro berth already booked. Agger’s return was welcome, as was Bellamy’s cameo.

Just watched the Kenny interview, apart from the first 20 minutes he was delighted, we were excellent and the only things that haven’t gone for us are outside of our control. Carra, Dirk,The Big Man,and Shelvey will be pleased to hear that.

Well on the positive side, Kenny’s promise of a new philosophy and hard work delivered today. Only conceding one, and scoring one, was an improvement on the Newcastle game. And, for the first 70 minutes the lads didn’t tire themselves out too much for the game against Blackburn, Steve Kean is a canny operator, and we will need to be at our best for that one.

Also Everton, Sunderland and Norwich drawing means that we have consolidated eighth place, a top ten finish still looks on.

I do not understand why Downing was subbed when we needed to put some crosses into The Big Man – was he injured? If you spend £55m on two players, one to ping the ball across, the other to nod it in, might it not be an idea to play them on the pitch at the same time? Crazy I know.

The FA Cup is clearly Kenny’s main priority with a Euro berth already booked. Agger’s return was welcome, as was Bellamy’s cameo.

Just watched the Kenny interview, apart from the first 20 minutes he was delighted, we were excellent and the only things that haven’t gone for us are outside of our control. Carra, Dirk,The Big Man,and Shelvey will be pleased to hear that.

I think if we can scrap a draw against Blackburn, it will be a cweditable wesult sure to pwlease Kenny and vindicate his futuwistic tactics.

I thought we played well, unlucky not to win, if we had a top quality forward it would make all the difference, we are not far off being a really good side as far as I'm concerned.

Yep, get Lucas back and we are two players away. Pele from 1962 and the 1974 Cruyff and we will be in the thick of it imo.

First of all mate we didn't lose today, we drew! it felt like a defeat but thank fuck it wasn't another one and secondly the team that was put out today was more than good enough to beat Villa's youth team, would you not agree??

You can't blame him for Enrique's form, Carraghers form, Henderson, Downing, Kuyt, preformances. The only thing i would question today about his management was why he brought off Shelvey and if our game plan was to pump percentage balls into the box, why didn't we start with Carroll up front.

Again i think this should be about collective responsibility not just finger pointing towards the manager, everybody has not been good enough!

Haha very true! It felt like a defeat. I would definitely agree. The Villa squad today was filled with youth players and they've positively been absolutely rubbish this season. I cannot believe we were behind for 83 minutes of the match.

I think you're misunderstanding my point. Nobody here is excusing them performances. Everybody thinks theyve been shit and deserve the hook! The problem is that Kenny is the one that bought them and is the one who keeps playing them.

Why aren't Bellamy Coates and Maxi ever starting a game?

I don't want you to think im excusing the players. Im not. Theyve been disgraceful.

The Downing sub was another poor decision and to persist with Kuyt is painful to watch.I hope it wasnt an appeasement after his agents remarks.

Overall,a much better performance second half.Henderson is a central midfield player without doubt and Shelvey should still be playing in the championship at this stage in his career.

I thought Doni was harshly criticised for their goal too.Our defenders and midfielders must switch on more.

Yep, get Lucas back and we are two players away. Pele from 1962 and the 1974 Cruyff and we will be in the thick of it imo.

You can be as sarcastic as you like but how many times have we been genuinely outplayed this season? There have been loads of games were we have not got our rewards, and lucas coming back will make a difference as well, we have not looked as solid since he got injured.

The Downing sub was another poor decision and to persist with Kuyt is painful to watch.I hope it wasnt an appeasement after his agents remarks.

Overall,a much better performance second half.Henderson is a central midfield player without doubt and Shelvey should still be playing in the championship at this stage in his career.

I thought Doni was harshly criticised for their goal too.Our defenders and midfielders must switch on more.

Doni was blameless for the goal from where I sat.

I agree that Henderson looked much better in the middle, Shelvey just isn't up to it.

A young inexperienced Villa side shpuld have been put under pressure from the off - and were not. Our inability to get players in the box, presumably on KK's instructions, is the reason why we are not scoring.