You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa match thread ( home )

sir roger

I can't believe we have got this close to a senior game without a thread before, which I suppose says a lot about the ennui the fanbase is suffering at the moment.

I think we will win by the odd goal & hope it will give us a bit of momentum leading to next weekend.

Looking for an attacking, energetic performance.

Would tweak the starting line-up from last Sunday ( not sure if the likes of Kelly or Johnson are available ) just bring Downing in for Shelvey and possibly Coates for Jamie.

Gerrard Spearing

Bellamy Suarez Downing

Carroll

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe we have got this close to a senior game without a thread before, which I suppose says a lot about the ennui the fanbase is suffering at the moment.

I think we will win by the odd goal & hope it will give us a bit of momentum leading to next weekend.

Looking for an attacking, energetic performance.

Would tweak the starting line-up from last Sunday ( not sure if the likes of Kelly or Johnson are available ) just bring Downing in for Shelvey and possibly Coates for Jamie.

Gerrard Spearing

Bellamy Suarez Downing

Carroll

Tweak the starting line up? Id drop the lot of them!

-----------Doni-----------

-------A back five--------

----Gerrard-----Spearing--

Maxi----Suarez----Bellamy

Thinking completely outside of my cardboard box because I have no idea what to expect with Doni making his debut, and whether we'll line up to protect him.

Anyone else think that Kenny is keeping Carra in shape for FA Cup? The old one match at a time is something he rubbished (behind closed-doors) in his Rovers days; rotation. My fear is that Carra will play right-back, even though Skrtel did well there against...I forget.

I'd give Carroll the start. Fuckin right! He balls up with the dive/tumble, but kept at it till the hook. And it would re-inforce Kenny's faith in him. I'd say he got a right going over.

I'd defo start Shelvey too. Made for Villa he is.

Doni

Carra, Skrtel, Coates, Enrique

Gerrard, Spearing, Shelvey

Suarez, Carroll, Downing

Is Agger fit?? Hope so, and it'll be him with Skittles, Kelly at RB, Enrique LB, and I'd play Johnson at RM.

I'd play Bellamy and Kuyt up front and Suarez at LM with Gerrard and Lucas in the middle if both fit.

Ward

Flanagan Kelly Carragher Johnson

Henderson Gerrard Spearing Downing

Carroll Eccelston

4-4-2, release the shackles and go at them from the off.

Ward??? He's a fucking terrible goalie. Decision making is woeful.

No Skrts and Carra on as LCB over Coates? an unfit Johnson over Enrique?

Henderson on the right were he has been terrible most of the season.

You're either dangling the worm and on a fishing expedition or you've been on the Ket all night

Anyone else think that Kenny is keeping Carra in shape for FA Cup? The old one match at a time is something he rubbished (behind closed-doors) in his Rovers days; rotation. My fear is that Carra will play right-back, even though Skrtel did well there against...I forget.

I'd give Carroll the start. Fuckin right! He balls up with the dive/tumble, but kept at it till the hook. And it would re-inforce Kenny's faith in him. I'd say he got a right going over.

I'd defo start Shelvey too. Made for Villa he is.

Doni

Carra, Skrtel, Coates, Enrique

Gerrard, Spearing, Shelvey

Suarez, Carroll, Downing

lets get 2 wins and move on sterling on the bench please

The easiest posible fixture for us at the moment, Villa have two win in twenty and are not fighting for their lives- although they should be.

They will park the bus anyway and pretty much any formation that we put out should easily be enough.

Villa have no attack to speak of, an energetic 352 with enrique and GJ (if fit) plaundering the flanks is what is required.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Anything other than a win will invoke some real tension in the fanbase, and put real pressure on Kenny. That said, I bet Downing and Carroll have great games today.