You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa match thread ( home )

sir roger

Exactly, that is the point, why the fuck did Kenny signed Carroll for and also the average winger in Downing?

Just look at Torres before he join us with Atletico, he ran the show, he scored from outside the box, he carry the whole team, he didn't score that many but he has the influence on the team. When he came here, he was totally opposite and we were taken by surprise on how good he became. He scored from left, right and centre. Absolute joy to watch.

I don't understand the logic in comparing Carroll's scoring technique with Newcastle before and his current form now. Players change to become better with better players around him. Sadly not Carroll. Its either him not giving his all and change his his type of play or he's just not good enough. It could be both. Or it could be we didn't create enough for him. Anyhow, we wasted 35mil on him and get nothing in return(enough goals scored).

No point talking about Carroll and Downing now. Both are average players for us. We wasted money on them and Kenny is in big shit right now. Big mistake.

Not if they dont have a huge amount of potential in the first place.

Torres was seen as a wonderkid at the age of 17 people at the time recognising that he had the potential to become the best in the world.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was another poor game,too many players were not performing.We had a good last 10 mins in the first half,and then the last 15 in the second.The rest of the game was a disgrace.Play like that against Blackburn and we can forget getting anything from this game.I am going to the semi but god am I dreading it playing as we are.

Who the fuck could criticise Doni for the goal.... Unbelieveable.

Try the gaping chasm in the middle of the park from where Herd came and had all day to shoot.

The idiots who were commentating on my internet stream,thats who.

I totally disagreed but it was easy to criticise a rusty GK.