You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

its the worst run in 5 decades

6 decades I'm afraid.

The difference in prize money between 5th and 10th is less than Joe Cole’s annual wages.

What's the difference between 10th and 15th though, 'cause that's where we're heading.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will they?

A cup and Europe next season will equal progress for them.

The difference in prize money between 5th and 10th is less than Joe Cole’s annual wages.

Comolli will say that signings need time to bed in, the Suarez affair destabilised the club, and they should have a word with Ayre, and that Kenny is on the brink of a historic double,he would be only the second Liverpool manager to have achieved it and only the fourth English club manager to have ever achieved it – a tribute to his signings.

They will say, “Gee, that’s swell” , and Comolli will snuggle into his first class seat on the way back reading L’Equipe.

Henry wanted us to get into the Top 4. That was the target set in August.

They won't be saying "Gee, great" if we finish 8th or wherever, and they won't measure success via league placings/ earnings, so I don't know what "the difference in prize money between 5th and 10th" means

We've been brilliant at points this season we just havent scored the goals

I disagree. I think we've played ok at some points but largely been poor. We played some far better stuff towards the end of last season and have since regressed. A good system was scrapped and some horrendous mistakes were made in the transfer market. There is nothing kneejerk about pointing that out.

Henry wanted us to get into the Top 4. That was the target set in August.

They won't be saying "Gee, great" if we finish 8th or wherever, and they won't measure success via league placings/ earnings, so I don't know what "the difference in prize money between 5th and 10th" means

Firstly, it was a desire, not a requirement.

The diffference between 5th and 10th is not financially a big deal for them. Europe and a cup are secured.

I want to know what Kenny is thinking. Right now.

Probably why the fuck did I go back into management. No one plays for the jersey anymore, it all about the money and image. That why he shouldn't have went back, the way things are now are alien to him. Kennys love for the club is being made a mockery of at the minute with the performances of the team.

The diffference between 5th and 10th is not financially a big deal for them. Europe and a cup are secured.

It bloody embarassing is what it is, could finish in bottom half of table if this shit continues, where we deserve to be. Europe and a cup secured? So you think we are progressing?

I still believe in the players we bought I just dont think we're getting the best out of them

I agree.

Pardew had it right about Carroll, direct football and diagonal crosses get the best out of him. So if you buy him thats the way you play, and if you don't want to play that way, don't buy him.

It bloody embarassing is what it is, could finish in bottom half of table if this shit continues, where we deserve to be. Europe and a cup secured? So you think we are progressing?

No I don't. I think we are in big medium term trouble.

I was offering the perspective that FSG will have.

FSG need to cough up again the summer

I'd keep the players we bought last year and add to them, every summer we buy 6, ship 6 out.

There is no point, get a game plan, stick to it, add 3 class players and we'll move forward

Very good. Spend our way out of it. It has been working a treat so far.

There is no point, get a game plan, stick to it, d

And that is where it went wrong.

DOF appointed to provide a strategy of buying value with up to date knowledge of the transfer market. Check.

Vastly experienced manager to steady the ship and take us forwards.Check

Appoint a hugely respected young coach to run the training. Check.

Then Kenny races to the transfer market to panic buy like a motorist with a half full petrol tank, and Comolli overspends in the summer like a pissed up sailor on shore leave - epic fail.

We had a plan, we had the people, we just didn't follow it.

Guest ShoePiss

No what Henry actually said was if we don't qualify, it would be a major disappointment.

No what Henry actually said was if we don't qualify, it would be a major disappointment.

As it is for us all.

I simply make the point that there is a big difference between our perspective and FSG's.

CL qualification was no trip-wire, nor should it have been.

everyone is harpin on about the money we have spent but our actual expenditure isn't as bad as it seems especially in comparison with the likes of city and chelsea

if the owners want top 4 they have to spend top 4 money this summer. 100 million (expenditure)

Guest ShoePiss

If we were to have any chance at 4th we needed to invest in the team in January. We didn't so their expectations should have changed accordingly. Well mine did and I hope theirs did too.

Apparently we didn't buy anyone in jan because the players we want weren't available, not because money wasn't available.

Guest ShoePiss
As it is for us all.

I simply make the point that there is a big difference between our perspective and FSG's.

CL qualification was no trip-wire, nor should it have been.

I don't know what that means.

if the owners want top 4 they have to spend top 4 money this summer. 100 million (expenditure)

I assume you mean nett spend. They won't.

Last year our income was 225m euros (£187m todays conversion). If we spent a nett £100m, would we recoup in excess of £287m? i don't think so.

Each PL slot is worth £800k, CL football £20m-£35m.

FSG are an investment club - that would make no sense to them.