You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howard Webb to ref semi final

Marko121

You won't hear me saying this very often, and there is a chance my judgement was impaired by alcohol, but thought he reffed a good game on Saturday. Fair play to him for once.

Apart from not sending off coleman for two obvious bookable offences he was ok by his low standards i suppose.

Atkinsons 'performance' yesterday took the limelight away from Webb for a change so watch out his next appointment.

Think he wasnt too bad to be honest. Probably just hates scousers so didnt have to pick a side.

Should of sent him self off for stopping a clear goal scoring chance in the opening minutes when Suarez was through. Baldy nugget.

Well first half he did fine.

Second half, we had the bitters pinned back in their own half for 90% of it, so it wasn't as if he was going to have a lot of chances to fuck us over.

Although I was half expecting him to dissallow the goal for some non existent foul when Andy scored. So fair play to the manc loving cunt for not doing that.

he was a bastard for not sending off coleman. had everton equalized we would have had to play 30mins against 11. the cunt

Thought that was a good piece of refereeing. Too many refs are sending players off for the second yellow for challenges that wouldn't merit even a caution ten years ago.

At that time its 1-1 and heading to extra time so let the players decide. It was nothing more than a mistimed challenge, nothing mailicious in it at all.

It is a contact sport after all.

But just as one swallow a spring does not make one decent match does not a referee make.

He was shite, but we won so you don't tend to notice as much.

I was fuming with him not sending Coleman off, he got lucky Liverpool scored from the resulting free-kick making it a bit of a mute point.

Agger got away with an obvious yellow about 2 minutes in, so I'm not complaining.

Also - it's a "moot" point. There's a grammar-neg heading your way.

Guest San Don

I think webb is perceived as having had a good game in the semi is just because united weren't playing.

If his favoured team had of been there instead of the shite, we'd have seen a very different webb performance.

Give that twat credit for 'having a good game'? Will I fuck. Sorry like but its how I feel about the cheating bastard.

Guest San Don
Maybe he was dazed throughout the 90 minutes after Gerrard's clever early assault with the ball.

Or the bollocking Stevie gave him for not getting his shaven fat head out the fucking way!

• 2 weeks later...