You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rivalry..

ScouseJim

Was thinking that myself. Though most of the blues I know are ok til the topic of conversation is football. It's different for the oldies, my grandad was a red and all his mates were blues, they had banter like the rest of us but the respect was there. Mutual. The youngsters these days are so steeped in bitterness they're like feral fucking creatures. When they all get together it's fucking poisonous.[/QUOTE]

nail on the fucking head right there . meffs

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the clubs have an important roll to play in the build up to this. Moyes etc will need to make it clear that to the mongs that follow EFC that the anniversary should properly respected, particularly during the minutes silence. The LFC fans will, in the main, be self policed during the silence as even the bad meffs following us will know to keep schtum during the minute.

Bad cunts will find each other, its just important that it doesnt filter down to the rest.

Amazing how everyone claims to know loads of decent blues in their family or circle of friensa but then 35,000 murderer-singing, hand in face gesturing, slobbering pond life turn up at the derby.

It's only a small city

It's not really 35,000 singing it is it. I was at the Derby this year at Goodison and never heard it.

There's elements of fucking idiots with all clubs. Ours included. Rise above it.

I have cousins, in-laws and friends who support Everton and they are pretty much the same as myself about football; slightly too depressed when things go wrong and far too positive when results go the right way. But I suspect that is the nature of all football fans. The major differences only surface when Derby games come around.

I have never feared playing Everton. In fact I always wanted a Liverpool/Everton FA Cup Final so convinced was I that we would triumph. My fellow Reds around me were so aghast at the possibility of losing such an encounter that they found my desire to be almost perverse. That was in the 70s.

My wishes have been fulfilled - twice - and my comrades fears proven unfounded since those days. For the Blues the crushing experiences of those 80s occasions, compounded by the football fans' natural inclination to despair in defeat, must have corrupted not just their minds but their very souls, so obsessively do they crave a victory in the 'major' Derby games.

Remember how Gosling's winner against us a couple of years back sent them into, very short lived, paroxysms of demented ecstasy - as bizarre and as laughable as the masturbating nuns in Ken Russel's 'The Devils'? Or how wildly they partied after Andy Johnson's 'big day' at the wood yard? OK, they don't get to win against us too often but their excess of celebration suggests that such victories are all they live for, all they truly desire from their football support.

Their hatred, and warped excuse for that hate - Heysel, is manifest on Derby days. Yet it is not just an excuse to hate Liverpool, it is also used to cover their own inadequacies as supporters and as a club.

The crowds of 16,000 to 18,000 that weren't uncommon at Goodison during the reign of Gordon Lee had nothing to do with Everton being denied European football because of a tragedy to which they were not a party. It was because their team was shite and they wouldn't support it. Their losing the second replay of a League Cup Final in 1977 while we were rolling over Zurich on our way to Rome was only the fault of their inadequate team, and Brian Little. Losing a 'double' that they had in their grasp in 1986 had nothing to do with disillusioned 'stars' pining for European football but had everything to do withe same personnel not being good enough to beat Liverpool when it mattered.

The battles against relegation in more recent times had fuck all to do with events in Brussels in 1985 and more to do with a badly run club getting bad results and, consequently, not attracting the sponsorship or the players to improve themselves.

Even now we hear that bog eyed twat complain of 'lack of resources', but that is a problem of Everton's own making. Win games, win trophies and the investors will turn up. That's what Liverpool did. Even the poxy Carling Cup will have garnered us further esteem abroad and will produce some financial opportunity.

The bitter fuckers that turn up on Derby day seem to have completely forgotten their tag of yesteryear, ''The Merseyside Milliionaires', preferring the less gentrified, Kenwright inspired, gobshite voiced title of 'The People's Club'. A sort of 'People' who live the year round as just football fans before becoming rabid, blank brained haters of the Red shite, too happy to ignore their own exhortation to know their history and blame their every misfortune on their more successful fellow Liverpudlians. And Wembley on April 14th will see them in full victim mode as they thirst for a victory that will, somehow, become a triumph for 'the little club' mentality that they have developed down the years.

And me? I am looking forward to the next Derby game. As I stated, I have never feared playing Everton. I am always confident........and I do know my history.

I don't fancy the game at all.

We've turned 'em over twice this year, so third time lucky, they're due.

They'll be as desperate as fuck. Our form is getting worse and worse. And now more injuries.

Fuck, I hope I'm dead wrong.

It's an FA Cup semi and a derby nonetheless, so I'll think pleasant thoughts like 1977, look forward to it and hope for the best.

I'll be honest and say I'd have preferred Sunderland, but you can't deny it'll be an occasion and something to be savoured.

I've been thinking this too. I hate these and the Manc games with also making the point of not shouting my mouth off.

I've been to 2 Merseyside Derbies and have yet to see us beat them. 0-0 in 06/07 and the FA Cup 08/09 1-1.

I've been thinking this too. I hate these and the Manc games with also making the point of not shouting my mouth off.

I've been to 2 Merseyside Derbies and have yet to see us beat them. 0-0 in 06/07 and the FA Cup 08/09 1-1.

Stay home, I'll send you a crate of stella

A friend today, is about to sort a mni bus for 12 lads, 4 of the lads are evertonians the banters going to be good fun.

Good to hear 'mixed travel' still exists. I've been to the old Wembley a couple of times (84 Milk Cup and 86 FA) as a passenger in my Evertonian cousin's car. In 84 they reluctantly allowed me to stick my scarf out the window half way down the 62 after a vote !

Sadly there won't be any 'Merseyside' chants this time though.

How anyone from Liverpool can sing the plagiarist 'always the victims' song is beyond me when it's very clear what the reference is. I'm sure they'll have no qualms about airing it regardless of the date.

I think the clubs have an important roll to play in the build up to this. Moyes etc will need to make it clear that to the mongs that follow EFC that the anniversary should properly respected, particularly during the minutes silence. The LFC fans will, in the main, be self policed during the silence as even the bad meffs following us will know to keep schtum during the minute.

Bad cunts will find each other, its just important that it doesnt filter down to the rest.

Fair comment, the day will be fine, let's just hope that we enjoy it more than them.

I think a minutes silence would be observed well. They respected it and took justice banners down on the twentieth anniversary.

h ow things have changed ,as I can remember playing them after Hillsborough, and at half time a couple reds running aorund the edge of the pitch with a banner saying the kop thanks efc fans.

Also going to Wembley that year to play them and me and my bro got tickets off my brother in law who was a steward for them.

There was a group of about 10 reds sitting amongst the Everton fans.