You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We are not reaping what we sowed because we sacked rafa. We are reaping the rewards of a few years with little funds and spending what we had really badly and rafas is included in that. Its net spend for rafa and 100 million for kenny and though weve spent shite under kenny his net spend wasnt going to transform the abomination left from the previous owners and mistakes from the.last managers. Fuck me rafa had huge fuck ups too and he had plenty of cash in his first few years for a club without a billionairre sugar daddy. He built a great team.he lost a great team its a culmination.of lots of things including his own mistakes. Kennys made his mistakes people say rafa deserved more than one bad year, maybe he did but then so does kenny.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been run worse off the pitch than on it for a long time. Going back to the early days of David Moores and causing us to miss out on the gravy train when United took full advantage.

Houllier and Rafa modernised us on the pitch, but the same thing needed to happen off it.

Since when did we listen to him?

Sounds like a blue or manc wrote it, should be ashamed to call himself a red

Arrogance personified that post. He's only said in greater detail what a majority of posters have generally said on here over the past couple of years and even couple of months.

Bascombe is the lowest of the low. No substance to that article whatsoever.

Isn't the substance the fact that we got beat at home to Wigan, have played awful most of the season, closer to the bottom of the league than the top, 10 points behind Newcastle and the big money signings have been really poor?

Isn't the substance the fact that we got beat at home to Wigan, have played awful most of the season, closer to the bottom of the league than the top, 10 points behind Newcastle and the big money signings have been really poor?

[YOUTUBE]cNgxyL5zEAk[/YOUTUBE]

Guest the boy

His metaphor is contradictory. He likens us to a relic that cannot compete with our more energetic competitors, but states that we just wasted such sums of money as would make every team in the league besides City and Chelsea blush. The club still has presence; we still have lines of revenue that exceed all but United. As ever is the case with Bascombe, his line is speculative - that our Asian fanbase, for instance, will imminently desert us for City. If we secure an efficient management setup - instead of the circus that presided over our transfer dealings and handling of the Suarez affair - we can continue to compete at the highest levels.

I'm unsure of the relationship Bascombe has with 'Juan Galonso', 'goatboy59' and a couple of other posters on this site, but its evident that there's something there. For years now he has published unnecessary and speculative bile that has damaged the reputation of the club and fractured the support. He sold his integrity with the articles he wrote for the Sunday Sun, for what, 25k a year? A despicable man, whose work may be unfavourably compared with Barrett's.

The lowest of the low? Isn't that Purslow, or Parry, or some other person who Rafa fell out with? Or is it everyone that Rafa fell out with? If it's all of them, strictly speaking you should call them the 'joint lowest of the low'.

There are a couple of posters on here I don't like to engage with. You are one of them. 'silverlining' exposed your comments and opinions as ill-conceived and foolish. You bring nothing to the discussion.

His metaphor is contradictory. He likens us to a relic that cannot compete with our more energetic competitors, but states that we just wasted such sums of money as would make every team in the league besides City and Chelsea blush. The club still has presence; we still have lines of revenue that exceed all but United. As ever is the case with Bascombe, his line is speculative - that our Asian fanbase, for instance, will imminently desert us for City. If we secure an efficient management setup - instead of the circus that presided over our transfer dealings and handling of the Suarez affair - we can continue to compete at the highest levels.

I'm unsure of the relationship Bascombe has with 'Juan Galonso', 'goatboy59' and a couple of other posters on this site, but its evident that there's something there. For years now he has published unnecessary and speculative bile that has damaged the reputation of the club and fractured the support. He sold his integrity with the articles he wrote for the Sunday Sun, for what, 25k a year? A despicable man, whose work may be unfavourably compared with Barrett's.

Too much emphasis is put on who wrote an article rather than what it says. Same applies to Tony Evans' piece today which has some truth, too. A much fairer discussion could be head if threads were called 'piece in Telegraph' rather than 'Bascombe in Telegraph' or 'Evans in The Times'. If that piece had been written by some failed journalist on a blog who has tried over and over to get a job covering Liverpool but couldn't then it wouldn't cause so much reaction. but people on here, some, are more interested in who wrote it than the article itself.

This would be the fanning who's a lying cunt and had to make an apology in his paper to one of our players, prize cunt that bloke

2006 -2011 no trophies, 2012 1 up hopefully another to come, I'm enjoying the recent silverware

Lying cunt or not; he was right.

His

There are a couple of posters on here I don't like to engage with. You are one of them. 'silverlining' exposed your comments and opinions as ill-conceived and foolish. You bring nothing to the discussion.

*starts*

Um, I did? Oh right. Yes, of course......erm... sorry I was miles away there

Honestly? I actually think for the most part we've played some decent football. The league doesn't lie, and it's not good enough, but I reckon on the pitch, their has definitley been improvement. However, it's glaringly obvious we need to be more ruthless if we are to challenge.

But John, what does he want? Wave the white flag, just agree we're shite and accept we'll never win the league again?

We're bad but we're not as bad as he's making out.

Good question that. It's all well and good saying we're shite and we're this and we're that - but what the fuck do we do about it? There's no answers there. We can all write out a list of what's gone wrong, but we could at least try and find out how to put it right.

For me, we have been let down more by some of our established players rather than our big money signings.

If we focused on actaul performance rather than perceived value for money, we might start picking the right team now and again..

That means the folowing:

Carra out

Drop Kelly

Drop enrique - based on his last months performances

Play Carrol and Suarez consistently with dirk coming on as appropriate

Play Gerrard on the right and drop him for Henderson when he decides he fancies an off day

Downing on left flank at all times with Maxi coming on as appropriate

Which brings me to the real problem.

We are left with absolute dross in central midfield. They can all individually have the odd good game but none consistently put in a shift and win the midfield battle in Premeir League games. We need to invest hevaily in a top class central midfielder to play alongside Lucas when he's back. Steven gerrard is not the solution in this area.

This would be the fanning who's a lying cunt and had to make an apology in his paper to one of our players, prize cunt that bloke

2006 -2011 no trophies, 2012 1 up hopefully another to come, I'm enjoying the recent silverware

Or the Fanning who was one of only 2 journalists who regularly slated Hicks & Gillette while the vast majority still thought they were fine, including the vast majority of our fan base.

I'm not arsed about the thing he apologised for because I do think Carra told the CEO he wanted Benitez out, but I also don't think there is a single thing wrong with that as I firmly believe Carra is allowed an opinion just like any of our senior pro's like Stevie or Pepe also. In fact I think it's funny that people think Carra and Stevie didn't assist in the removal of Benitez by ensuring the CEO knew exactly how they as the senior pro's felt.

I find the hatred thing of people once the step out of the party line once to be funny.

Honestly? I actually think for the most part we've played some decent football. The league doesn't lie, and it's not good enough, but I reckon on the pitch, their has definitley been improvement. However, it's glaringly obvious we need to be more ruthless if we are to challenge.

I understand what you are saying and maybe awful was the wrong word to use. Ive seen man utd "play awful" many times this year and win. 1-3 at tottenham when they only had three shots. But that's why they are top of the league. Sadly it is a results business and Liverpool, with Kenny in charge, are not getting the results. Call it bad luck, bad signings, whatever, but until we start winning and show some consistency we will never mount a serious challenge. What did it say in that article in the Telegraph? Two, maybe three title challenges in the past 20 years? Sounds about right.