You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kuyt

Christianlfc

Has anyone else noticed the way Kuyt will constantly attempt audacious 1 - 2's with Suarez at the expense of better options or going himself?

He seems to want to set Suarez up for chances the way a big brother would playing behind his little brother in the park. It was frustrating the life out of me last night and has done a few times in previous matches.

I can understand Kuyt's reasoning. They both speak dutch and can communicate better. Suarez and Carroll are the set strikers and he has lost his spot out in the right to Henderson. This leaves him with being the larger target man which he's never going to oust Carroll as or the link up forward which is not natural or suited to him. He lacks the flair, movement and creativity to play that role but when Kenny plays him its exactly what he tries to do.

Slipping through balls and intricate one two's isn't Kuyts game especially when he is over zealous to prove he can link with Suarez. He excelled at this club through work ethic and drive (like his goal last night). It was never for his dribbling, creativity or finishing. His passing method has been relatively 'safe' which doesn't suit the forward role either and he was more appreciated for his ability to tackle & defend.

Under Benitez organisation was fundamental with Kuyt, Masch, Alonso or Sissoko we were defencively magnificent and kuyts defensive willingness only enhanced that but its not the same under Dalglish. He wants to counter attack with pace and be the dominant attacking team rather than concentrating on control which we've been used to for the past 7 years. I just don't see where Kuyt fits into a team with that philosophy.

I think he knows that himself hence the desperation to show he can link with Suarez to find a place in the side.

Kuyt in Reds admission

I think we may well be looking at Dirk Kuyt's last season at liverpool. Anyone else?

Kuyt saved our asses many many times and you count on him when needed. Other than that, he has been very useless this season and therefore I believe that he will be shipped out if a semi-decent offer comes in. We should keep him, but I doubt we will.

I am a little scared what kind of useless imbecile we will buy for 25 million that will be his replacement.

Under Benitez organisation was fundamental with Kuyt, Masch, Alonso or Sissoko we were defencively magnificent and kuyts defensive willingness only enhanced that but its not the same under Dalglish. He wants to counter attack with pace and be the dominant attacking team rather than concentrating on control which we've been used to for the past 7 years. I just don't see where Kuyt fits into a team with that philosophy.

I think he knows that himself hence the desperation to show he can link with Suarez to find a place in the side.

Kuyt in Reds admission

I think we may well be looking at Dirk Kuyt's last season at liverpool. Anyone else?

It's been pretty obvious all season that he doesn't suit this style of play. The fact he's played so much is a measure of how poor his replacements have been.

Can't help but worry that in replacing him, we may get quicker and more technical but that we'll also end up more spineless and more stupid.

Id love him to be here next year as part of the squad but he wants games as any top player should.Imo he will be off to Italy or Germany for a couple of years and I'll wish him all the best.He has made the most of the talent he has and always runs himself into the ground for us.

Big game player who will be missed and really bought into the club ethos.

We have been blessed to have the likes of Did,Hyypia and Molby who understood the club and were not money grabbing bastards who would turn there back on the club at the first sign of a fight.