You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Comolli buys

redsoxs

Carroll has improved recently so we need to play him as much as we can and hope he has a strong finish to the season so we can get as much as possible for him.

Not going to happen though , i think they will all be here next season.

Henderson ive finally had enough of , i was in the camp thinking he will come good and be a worthwhile future player for us down the line but thats just not going to happen , i realise that now.

Hes given us fuck all this season , nothing ! actually hes a hinderence and on top of that hes got no balls,fight,hunger and desire he just hasn't got it in the head to be a top class player , a winner.

Downing as much as he annoys me i would keep simply because hes the only winger we have and we need wingers.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our team is major underacheiving, we have been dominating almost every match but cant fucking score, and that is underacheiving. Now we start to leak goals in to. sad days ahead. FA cup trophy would cheer me up.

But thats exactly as youd exprct given our piss poor options up front no?

You don't understand anything about "Moneyball" or the techniques involved.

It's not young players on low wages. It's all about "undervalued" players.

Scott Parker is a good example.

On money ball logic, and I do like it, Arteta should be much better at Arsenal.

Consistently in the top 10 assists league for Everton.

I still think undervalued players are still only as good as the manager deploys them.

The question shouldn't be "is he worth 35 million" the question should be "is he worth torres plus 15 million on top" and on the evidence of this season the answer has to be yes.

Wrong.

£50m is £50m.

The problem is that FSG know nothing about football and the man who they appointed as DOF knows less about football than his subordinate team manager. That accounts for our erratic transfer market performance.

so kenny deserves absolutley no critisism????

£80 million = carroll, downing, henderson and adam .

has any of these players lived up to the standard as lfc players? no, and if it is so that kenny has the final word in transfers and really wantes them, then YES he deserves critisism. i don't trust kenny at all regarding transfers.

Carroll has improved recently so we need to play him as much as we can and hope he has a strong finish to the season so we can get as much as possible for him.

Not going to happen though , i think they will all be here next season.

Henderson ive finally had enough of , i was in the camp thinking he will come good and be a worthwhile future player for us down the line but thats just not going to happen , i realise that now.

Hes given us fuck all this season , nothing ! actually hes a hinderence and on top of that hes got no balls,fight,hunger and desire he just hasn't got it in the head to be a top class player , a winner.

Downing as much as he annoys me i would keep simply because hes the only winger we have and we need wingers.

Some people never learn their lesson do they? The same people that were criticizing Lucas a couple of seasons, saying he would never come good and now look at him.

Henderson has it in him to become a really good CENTRAL midfielder, but he's still young and learning. You see what he can do in glimpses, but he's lacking the mentality and confidence to do it on a consistent level. He has that quality when he reacts and puts a one touch pass through for instance, but when he has time he starts to think to much he fails. His movement is also good. I've also read somewhere that he's one of the best trainers we have, always looking to improve which is also positive. I'm not saying that he'll definitely become good enough, but he has the potential to.

I'd rather have him in the middle than Adam as well. Before the QPR match Adams stats were:

Games without him:9, 8 won 1 lost.

On average dribbled per match: 8

On average loss of possession per match: 12

(Source: optanorlfc on twitter)

Adam and his negatives outway his positives for me unfortunately. He's not good enough and at 26 never will be imo.

so kenny deserves absolutley no critisism????

£80 million = carroll, downing, henderson and adam .

has any of these players lived up to the standard as lfc players? no, and if it is so that kenny has the final word in transfers and really wantes them, then YES he deserves critisism. i don't trust kenny at all regarding transfers.

Yes Kenny deserves criticism for the players we bought but not for what we paid for them as I think thats Comollis role.. but yes criticise Kenny for the players as even if we only paid 1 million for them each they're still not good enough just look at the league table..

I dont mind people critiquing kk but keep it real. Half the shit hes had thrown at him has been based on stuff we cant be sure of such as his exact role in transfers. To me its not clear, if they are all entirely down to him fine, even then you have to ask what Commolli does for his wedge. If theyre not then you have to ask what Commolli does for his wedge.

And Id still want kk backing to get it right, at the very least because hes the best man for the job, unless anyones got a better suggestion.

So haterz, the stage is all yours, thrill us with your rivetting insights.

How would you like free tickets to Anfield and a chance to earn millions a year? Would you like to have absolutely no accountability whatsoever in your job? Apply for a job at Liverpool FC today and remember: "It's not my fault, that's his job."

:D

if you generally think that we don't have the squad to do better than the shite we are currently displaying, its not a strong league, an Arsenal side which should be coming about 7th or 8th are 3rd for fucks sake

also do you really think Kenny had no input on the signings

Enrique- plays every game

Adam- played every game to recently

Henderson- plays most of the time

Bellamy- plays when fit

the only players I think are probably more to do with Comolli are Coates, Suarez and possibly Doni

love Kenny but he needs to take responsibility along with the players

Responsibility for what? Winning the Carling Cup, the chance of a cup double, and European football next yr?? I'm sure he takes the responsibility for all of the above.

And before forumites start bleating that it's 'only' the Europa League, if it's so easy to win it, how come top teams are getting dumped out and why didn't we just stuff it in the club trophy room last season?

I would hazard a guess that not only has the competition in the Premier League stiffened in recent years, but maybe its stiffened in most major leagues all over Europe.

There are no longer any 'easy' games.

Considering the injuries to Stevie, Agger, Lucas, Carragher and the banning of Suarez, Kenny has guided us through a minefield.

We've survived.

With silverware.

L O N G L I V E T H E K I N G

I see the finance experts are out in force. As well as the bull heads who think that their judgement of a player is better than a man who holds legendary status in the game.

Sorry,that's not sound logic, plenty of World Class players have gone on to be poor judges of talent in the modern game. The game is different to what it was in 1990, or even 1995. Not much, but enough to throw you.

Wrong.

£50m is £50m.

The problem is that FSG know nothing about football and the man who they appointed as DOF knows less about football than his subordinate team manager. That accounts for our erratic transfer market performance.

It's not wrong, it's about perception - mine is different to yours.

You're cracking on here like you know the inner workings at Anfield, and ignoring statements from KK himself who has stated that he alone has the final say on transfers.

Our erratic transfer market "performance" as you put it (like it's some kind of west end musical) is down to two men - Comolli to a lesser extent, and KK to a greater extent.

FSG put the money up, Commoli recommends players, KK chooses which ones he wants.

It's that fucking simple, and to suggest it is any other way shows either an astonishing amount of ego-centricity or a complete lack of understanding of how business is conducted.

It's not wrong, it's about perception - mine is different to yours.

You're cracking on here like you know the inner workings at Anfield, and ignoring statements from KK himself who has stated that he alone has the final say on transfers.

Our erratic transfer market "performance" as you put it (like it's some kind of west end musical) is down to two men - Comolli to a lesser extent, and KK to a greater extent.

FSG put the money up, Commoli recommends players, KK chooses which ones he wants.

It's that fucking simple, and to suggest it is any other way shows either an astonishing amount of ego-centricity or a complete lack of understanding of how business is conducted.

No - YOU'RE WRONG. What the hell are you talking about?

The question isn't "is carroll worth £50m" but "is carroll worth Torres +£15m?"

What logic are you using for that argument? Because you need to re-evaluate it.

We got £50m to spend. Our hand wasn't forced to spend it. We could have bought most of the top strikers in the WORLD for £50m. Nearly as many for £35m. Cavani, Van Persie, Higuain, Falcao, Hunatelaar. Of course we may had to have waited until the summer but what did it matter? Why did we need to bring in a striker for the remainder of a season in which we had nothing to play for?

Secondly, even if you pose the second question - Carroll is not worth Torres + £15m. Even if we suppose Torres is worth nothing, Carroll is not a £15m striker. He his worth barely half that. He is absolutely shite.

No - YOU'RE WRONG. What the hell are you talking about?

The question isn't "is carroll worth £50m" but "is carroll worth Torres +£15m?"

What logic are you using for that argument? Because you need to re-evaluate it.

We got £50m to spend. Our hand wasn't forced to spend it. We could have bought most of the top strikers in the WORLD for £50m. Nearly as many for £35m. Cavani, Van Persie, Higuain, Falcao, Hunatelaar. Of course we may had to have waited until the summer but what did it matter? Why did we need to bring in a striker for the remainder of a season in which we had nothing to play for?

Secondly, even if you pose the second question - Carroll is not worth Torres + £15m. Even if we suppose Torres is worth nothing, Carroll is not a £15m striker. He his worth barely half that. He is absolutely shite.

A few good points there... Also let's not forget that Carroll was injured when we brought him and didn't start playing until March so I'm not sure what the rush was to spunk so much money on him, it's not as if he was so in demand that we risked losing him if we didn't stump up the cash in January.

You don't understand anything about "Moneyball" or the techniques involved.

It's not young players on low wages. It's all about "undervalued" players.

Scott Parker is a good example.

This moneyball shit is so misunderstood. In baseball it was based on the fact that 1 team (Oakland) started buying players that excelled in a state previously ignored by scouts and managers but championed by the guru of baseball state geeks - Bill James. The state was OPS which essentially combined a players success at getting on base with his success in hitting for power. It was such an obscure state that no one but James bothered to track it.

Oakland discovered a lot of players with low market value because they didn't always seem to fit the traditional star quality actually had very good OPS numbers. They built a team on the cheap that did well and brought the stat into modern popularity.

Problem is now there are no undervalued players because all teams pay attention to this stat so it was a time and place scenario.

Also stats aren't as reliable in football because the data samples are too small. In baseball regulars appear in up to 150 plus games, times at bat are above 500 giving a large and reliable data sample.

State in football are interesting but not decisive