You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Comolli buys

redsoxs

I can't understand all this "Kenny Time is Over" we all know he's a mans manager, oozes confidence to the players making them feel like million dollars when go on the pitch, you can't make silk purses from bunch of sows ears. Comolli as spent 110m on 9 players, yet only 2/3 players are performing to standard expected.

So who's at fault for this? Comolli buying shit, or poor tactics (4-4-2)?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you generally think that we don't have the squad to do better than the shite we are currently displaying, its not a strong league, an Arsenal side which should be coming about 7th or 8th are 3rd for fucks sake

also do you really think Kenny had no input on the signings

Enrique- plays every game

Adam- played every game to recently

Henderson- plays most of the time

Bellamy- plays when fit

the only players I think are probably more to do with Comolli are Coates, Suarez and possibly Doni

love Kenny but he needs to take responsibility along with the players

I can't understand all this "Kenny Time is Over" we all know he's a mans manager, oozes confidence to the players making them feel like million dollars when go on the pitch, you can't make silk purses from bunch of sows ears. Comolli as spent 110m on 9 players, yet only 2/3 players are performing to standard expected.

So who's at fault for this? Comolli buying shit, or poor tactics (4-4-2)?

Yeah, Commoli bought them all. Kenny didn't have any input.

if you generally think that we don't have the squad to do better than the shite we are currently displaying, its not a strong league, an Arsenal side which should be coming about 7th or 8th are 3rd for fucks sake

also do you really think Kenny had no input on the signings

Enrique- plays every game

Adam- played every game to recently

Henderson- plays most of the time

Bellamy- plays when fit

the only players I think are probably more to do with Comolli are Coates, Suarez and possibly Doni

love Kenny but he needs to take responsibility along with the players

You see with garbage like Downing, Carroll, Hendo, Adam etc plus missing our two best players for long periods a striker famine and no rm of note, man for man, we are where we should be. The teams above us have better players and I include Newcastle in that. Also the cups seem to have been conveniantly cut out the equation when the whole is important.

Quite sure Kenny as input, yet, ultimately I'm lead to believe Comolli as the final say to we do buy, with the clubs moneyball theory. Buy young with good stats & low wages.

You don't understand anything about "Moneyball" or the techniques involved.

It's not young players on low wages. It's all about "undervalued" players.

Scott Parker is a good example.

In defence of Dalglish, I can't think of any manager in the world who could make that team qualify for the Champions league, however we're all aware that he's played a large role in assembling this mediocre team.

I think they could given Arsenal look set to do it with the pile of shit they have playing for them

I think they could given Arsenal look set to do it with the pile of shit they have playing for them

Not really, a lot of our fans seem to look at Arsenal disparagingly but they have pace, goals and creativity in Chamberlain, Van Persie, Vermaelen, Wilshere, Gervinho, Walcott (every third game). That's 3 crucial characteristics that we mostly lack unless Gerrard and Suarez are linking up well.

Kenny & Comolli are a team is the bottom line, no point making out other wise.

Comolli is the man on the Board who reports on football matters.

I don't doubt that K&C work as a team, but Comolli is the senior partner.

When the DOF role was created, I do not think that the possibility of having a footballing grandee like KK as manager in a junior capacity crossed FSG's mind.

Comolli is undoubtedly the man who is accountable for the success, or failure, of the transfer balance sheet.

The test of the dynamic is yet to come. Will Comolli fight for funds this summer? If FSG don't divvy up ,and Kenny needs cash, is that FSG or Comolli's fault? If Comolli drove the AC purchase, is Carroll's failure to date Comollis, or kenny's, for not getting the best out of him? Would Comolli advise FSG not to give Kenny funds and instead tell him make his purchases work?

We shall see.

It's the decision not to buy in january which is fucking us right up the arse now. In my opinion.

You could obviously blame the dealings this last summer, but we didnt have a definite verdict of how the team would do, which we did have in january. And despite that, we did fuck all about it and when we still had an good chance of a top four finnish which we've now thrown away because we didnt act.

I've heard Comolli does the tactics as well.

And the team talks, and the substitutions.

It's pretty evident that Kenny gets last say on the signings. Not to say Comolli is blameless either, he is the DOF after all. They've both let the club down badly in the transfer market. That 'buy

british' mantra we adopted was totally fucking stupid. Not like no-one spotted it either, i mean really, Charlie Adam as your midfield general for the season Kenny? You're having a fucking laugh.

Kenny to have any kind of long term tenure, has to fix those mistakes he made in the Summer. The worry is he perseveres with shite like Adam and Henderson to the detriment of the team, as he's done this season.

It's the decision not to buy in january which is fucking us right up the arse now. In my opinion.

You could obviously blame the dealings this last summer, but we didnt have a definite verdict of how the team would do, which we did have in january. And despite that, we did fuck all about it and when we still had an good chance of a top four finnish which we've now thrown away because we didnt act.

There comes a point at which you have to allow what you have to work

Adding new players to a team that had not gelled is high risk, maybe you will buy the missing link, or maybe you just confuse the situation with more options.

I am aware of no-one whom we realistically could have bought, and would have come, that would have improved the side.

I am aware of no-one whom we realistically could have bought, and would have come, that would have improved the side.

Jones > Henderson, Young > Downing...you want to tell me that our shite like Adam and Henderson really is the best we could do? Us, Liverpool FC? Nothing better available? In case that is true, it shows how deep the mighty have fallen. I refuse to believe that. We could have done better. But Comolli was shite.