You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Charlie Adam

Megadrive Man

Hasn't featured in either of the last two games.

In my opinion we look a lot better without him, certainly a lot more balanced and competitive in the centre.

There are a lot of qualities I like about him but I think we should probably be looking to move him on in the summer. He's a decent Premiership player but not good enough for us if we want to get back to the top, I could see him maybe going to Villa or Fulham in the summer.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pistonbroke

He is far to slow to play in a misfield avoid of pace. he only looked good at Blackpool because other players had the pace and wit to give him time on the ball. had an average of a goal every third game for Blackpool, for us he is none existent. I would definitely sell him this summer and we should easily recuperate our outlay on him.

I thought he played quite well up until the end of January when his form dipped. Not easy for the lad trying to step into Stevie's shoes while he was out and Lucas getting injured put more pressure on him. Looked fucked in his last few games. Needs to work hard on his fitness for next season if he's kept

He was really good when partnered with Lucas earlier in the season. He's probably a decent squad option to have.

Despite small evidence of recent improvement, I'd still be concentrating any energy this summer on selling Downing (great goal today, but he didn't impress before or after) and Carroll and bringing in direct replacements for both.

I think Kenny has had to play him far more than anticipated for various reasons & he has had some poor displays, but I still think he is a decent squad member for the price.

Agree that he sometimes tries too much, but at least he is not scared to try things rather than playing the ' first time ball straight back to where it came from' routine & often when he makes forward runs and loses the ball it is because nobody bothers to support & give options and instead they just hang back and watch him go.

Not bothered if we sell him on as long as we are bringing in better.

For me he lacks the self belief to truly prosper at a big club. Blackpool was fine because the stakes weren't too high if he ever fucked up and besides if he ever did then everything came through him so he'd know there'd be plenty opportunity to redeem himself. Clearly he was more amd more exposed after Lucas got injured but also worth pointing out how meek and subservient he became when Gerrard returned. He has wilted under the increased expectation here. Best bet is to try and punt him on for a small profit: bait for Dembele perhaps

He was shite against Sunderland but for a 10 minute spell in the second half it was hard to watch,he had the ball about 8 or 9 times and every time fucked it up.

Not saying he was brilliant before the League Cup final but since that penalty miss he has been particularly woeful.Also I reckon playing along side Gerrard would be one of the easiest jobs in football.

He's not a top draw player, he never was despite his billing at Blackpool last year. Despite his limitations primarily his lack of mobility he's still a decent squad option to have. That's probably his level all along. He clearly needs a couple of energetic and grafting midfielders around him to operate.

We really don't have that deep a squad and he's the sort of player who is useful to keep on the books just not automatically in the first team.

I reckon we could easily shift him on an even make a decent profit on him.His corners are worth what we played alone........

Kenny watched McCarthy yesterday and I reckon we are a cert to at least put a bid in for him in the summer.Much better,younger an wont cost much.

I don't think Adam works well with Stevie. Adam is a play maker but in a lower level side than what we aspire to be. Lucas is the first choice holding midfielder. And Spearing is his capable understudy. Stevie is the first choice playmaking midfielder. But I'm not even sure Adam should be his understudy, as I'd like to see Henderson in the middle and Shelvey make his mark there too. I think if Adam stays he will only block these younger players from blossoming, to say nothing of the likes of Coady coming through.

So for me, Adam should be sold. I'd be happy to do a deal at around the price we got him for (or higher). There will be plenty of takers as he is not bad, but he is not quite good enough for us. If he stays I see him as a squad man, though I hope he doesn't block the progress of younger players who, if not clearly ahead of Adam right at this minute, will hopefully go on to be streets ahead as they develop.

Sell him to the mancs for 10mil?

Ain't that what ginsoak said he's worth?

Thats just the corners though so we should aim for double the price.

Personally I dont see any reason to move Adam on already, he is a good squad player to have around as we will play more games next season and will always have injuries.

He's been performing to the level I expected him to do.

Thats just the corners though so we should aim for double the price.

Personally I dont see any reason to move Adam on already, he is a good squad player to have around as we will play more games next season and will always have injuries.

He's been performing to the level I expected him to do.

Agreed.

Something Liverpool fans always seem to do, at least on this forum, is want to sell any player as soon as they are not in the first team. Kelly's playing quite well - sell Johnson. Adam hasn't played in the last couple of games - sell him.

Play the kids instead!

Guest TK-421
Agreed.

Something Liverpool fans always seem to do, at least on this forum, is want to sell any player as soon as they are not in the first team. Kelly's playing quite well - sell Johnson. Adam hasn't played in the last couple of games - sell him.

Play the kids instead!

The omnipresent transfer window threads are grim.