You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

King Kenny..Thank you..but it is time to go..

merah

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's "Moneyball" got to do with our signings?

They gave us £100m, and we bought some not very good players at often wildy overinflated prices. FSG didn't tell us who to buy, or why.

And if we'd bought better players with the money, we'd have a better team, and we'd be doing better in the league.

All of your splenetic frothing notwithstanding.

How do you know how the decisions get made?

They didnt give us £100m any more than Torres gave us £50m, thats, if I correctly recall, total nonsense. You think this is the real Quaid? It is.

Moneyball, dont you remember? It was in the Echo and they said it was the future but it turns out it was just a dream and an implant in our noses.

When the new transfers turned up and Melwood gates in their Johnny cabs, they should have pressed Andy Carrol longer when they asked him how long he was staying and he replied:

"2 weeks"

They just waved him through, a cursory examination would have revealed he was wearing a false footy players exploding head.

Yes if we'd have bought better players, thats my point, what exactly is Comollis role? His legacy so far is negotiating or his own personal take on transfer negotiating negrotating given he saw fit to provides United prosecution case for them.

It is he who seems redundant if Kenny is identifying players and deciding how much we pay for them but equally culpable if that is his job, we simply do not know so lets pin it all on Kenny and give Comolli a payrise. Stick that in your skyrocket you spectacle wearing lost sandal on a beach, a highly paid sandal at that. Im not big on middlemen, its no co incidence we are a very middling team since we Martin brought on these middlemen, from Purslow to Comolli, meddling mid table Bette Middler's kiddie fiddlers. Its also inflated our transfer fees and deflated our ego.

Is the idea that once we get in the top 4 he takes his shirt off revealing a wise transfer deal negotiating baby hybridded with his stomach who will then tell us how to win the league before being shot to peices? Useless.

The only pile drivers we have seen from Charlie Adam have been the piles in his arse, sat on the bench, driving home the point that something is very wrong with our transfer policy and rather than hiding behind his spectacles pretending he's never heard of anyone named Henderson and playing dumb.

All I know is I saw him going into the toilets and when he came out the next person to go in there come running out with tears streaming out his eyes and there was Hendo in the bottom of the bowl.

When?

How the net spend, after receipts, has been financed, no-one knows yet.

We need to clarify this. Can we get some blueshite fans in to go over the accounts, perhaps? (By 'go over the accounts' I mean stand waiting for John Henry to get out of his car and shot 'wheres the Arteta money' until he disappears from sight.)

We need to clarify this.

I agree. There has been an understandable financial and governance honeymoon for FSG, with most happy that the threat of Adminstration has been removed.

At some point fans will start asking about the £50m stadium provision, and where the net funds have come from.

With the stadium FSG have shown a marked reluctiance to spend their own money.

Has/will our net transfer spending be guaranteed by FSG as Lerner, Mansour and Abrahamovic have done? Or are we back to the G&H days of a balooning debt?

All the above impacts on the prospects for an y LFC manager - whoever they are.

I hate to say it, but he's out of his depth. 'Great player' only carries you so far, and our supporters are more forgiving than most, but Kenny doesn't have what it takes in modern management. That is a fact. To be honest, you only really have to watch any of his post-match interviews this season to see he clearly has less of a clue what went on in the match than me or you did. And I mean that seriously. He can't believe his luck being given this job, and it truly might as well have been given to you or me. He is a glorified mascot. If someone at the club can find an honourable way to ship him out at the end of the season, it'll be a blessing for all concerned, not least the man himself. Let's not embarrass him, but seriously, it's time to get serious.

Guest ShoePiss

reddordedd you do realise that he's one of the few managers to win the league championship with two different teams don't you? He also managed the team that just won the league cup, I really don't think you or I could do that.

Also: you're fucking tit.

I hate to say it, but he's out of his depth. 'Great player' only carries you so far, and our supporters are more forgiving than most, but Kenny doesn't have what it takes in modern management. That is a fact. To be honest, you only really have to watch any of his post-match interviews this season to see he clearly has less of a clue what went on in the match than me or you did. And I mean that seriously. He can't believe his luck being given this job, and it truly might as well have been given to you or me. He is a glorified mascot. If someone at the club can find an honourable way to ship him out at the end of the season, it'll be a blessing for all concerned, not least the man himself. Let's not embarrass him, but seriously, it's time to get serious.

Fuck me. Do you know anything about the man? Obviously not or you wouldn't have spewed that tripe.

you arrogant cunt, put your crayons away and fuck off to Kop Talk. Clueless !!

Guest davelfc

You bedwetting prick, you're a disgrace to this site, yourself and your family.

"Glorified Mascot ".

Do you know what? That's about THE most obscene post that I've ever read on this site.

I've been a lurker for years before I registered and I thought I'd seen it all.

I've viewed the, (very) real hatred for Ged and Rafa, and whilst I realised that it was probably for the best that they went, I loathed the bile that was spewed about them then and sadly, now.

I've read some filth and nastiness about some of our players and felt bad. That's not to say that some of it wasn't deserved 'cos in some cases I could see the frustration and despair. I've felt it myself far too often. We're football fans after all and tempers do get frayed to say the least.

I've never felt the need to post anything at all as I'm entertained enough just lurking.

But you have actually offended me with that comment. I'm not a knee jerk big girls blouse or anything, but to call The King a glorified mascot?! It's so dismissive and disrespectful it's staggering.

That actually hurts me more than any bile from a manc or a bitter ever could. Well done.

That's a ludicrous post. In spite of this season consisting of largely abysmal results, we've played some very good football. Yes, it's results that will ultimately determine Kenny's future, yes, I think we'd benefit hugely if he made better use of substitutions, but I think we need to see how we're doing in October - November of next season.

If the problems haven't been dealt with, if we're still fighting for a ceiling of sixth then sure, let's make a change. Fuck, if we go on a dreadful losing streak between now and the end of the season and finish ninth or tenth, I'd wouldn't have any qualms with a summer change, but in spite of it all, in spite of Kenny overseeing a poor set of buys and dire results, I'm encouraged enough by the football to hope that we finish well and that he's given the chance to right a few wrongs in the summer and beyond.

And "glorified mascot"? Not got a bad record in 27 years of management for one of them...

Unbelieveable,Geoff! :eek:

What a fucking disgrace.

"Glorified Mascot ".

Do you know what? That's about THE most obscene post that I've ever read on this site.

I've been a lurker for years before I registered and I thought I'd seen it all.

I've viewed the, (very) real hatred for Ged and Rafa, and whilst I realised that it was probably for the best that they went, I loathed the bile that was spewed about them then and sadly, now.

I've read some filth and nastiness about some of our players and felt bad. That's not to say that some of it wasn't deserved 'cos in some cases I could see the frustration and despair. I've felt it myself far too often. We're football fans after all and tempers do get frayed to say the least.

I've never felt the need to post anything at all as I'm entertained enough just lurking.

But you have actually offended me with that comment. I'm not a knee jerk big girls blouse or anything, but to call The King a glorified mascot?! It's so dismissive and disrespectful it's staggering.

That actually hurts me more than any bile from a manc or a bitter ever could. Well done.

That is how bad Redd's post is. Causing a dedicated lurker to break cover and actually post. Kinda like that hermit in Life Of Brian that hadn't made a noise for 18 years until Brian trod on his foot.

Disgraceful comment, absolutely disgraceful.

I can accept justified criticism to the King, but to label him as a 'Glorified Mascot' get the fuck out of here. Complete lack of respect to our greatest servant ever.

I wasnt going to dignify this with a reply but I some things cant go unsaid.....Fuck off