You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny's future

Nathanzx

Kenny's future  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Kenny's future

• I want KK to continue as manager and to be given cash to spend as he pleases
    • I want KK to continue as manager but DC to have more input on how the cash is spent
    • I would give Kenny one more season to achieve CL, if not he can go
    • I would let Kenny stay on as manager as long as he likes regardless of results
    • I would move him upstairs at the end of the season and get a new coach in to start a new project
    • I would sack him immediately, we have to be ruthless and stop living in the past

The day we sack Dalglish and employ Mourinho is the day I stop supporting this club.

Maybe you were asleep the day we sacked Benitez and appointed the risible Hodgson.

In some ways, top tier football is a zero-sum game. Having Mourinho at Liverpool ensures he's not at another club. The same can't be said for Dalglish.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I recognise our fan base any more. No better than any of the other cunts.

It's ironic that a lot of the people who demand instant success now aren't old enough to remember our glory years anyway and will quite happily dismiss Houllier's treble winning success or Istanbul when launching a broadside at Houllier and Rafa respectively. They probably grew up with the mancs and then the chavs winning the league and demand 'that', like it's that easy.

Yes, because I meant the same exact second, not the same season.

I wasn't trying to be facetious. I just don't know why you linked Kenny's appointment with Comolli's. Comolli was already in situ and was one of the ones supposedly searching Hodgson's replacement, so I don't get the specific connection between the two and FSG.

Think it comes down to the fact kenny had a summer were he was backed by the board to spend big. When he took over the team (that wasnt his) he got us to play some fantastic football. We were all looking forward to see what he could do with a team that he put together and having players that HE wanted. So far KK team hasn't played football like the one he inherited half way through last season.

This is the problem for me, Kenny has bought these players that he believes can improve us and take us to the next level, you could say theses two aspect have occurred (carling cup). For me the Carling cup should not paper over the cracks that have been prominent since the first game of the season.

The first 45 mins of that game were fantastic, we had pace going forward, lots of movement and we looked threatening every time we attacked. We managed to go in 1-0 at half time, then we somehow played like strangers in the 2nd half and looked very poor. I said after the game our new players look mental weak and my opinion hasn't changed since that game.

For me Henderson does not look like he can handle the pressure of playing for us at the moment, the lad obviously has talent as KK wouldnt have bought him and Ginsoak wouldnt have been after him if he was shite. I dont know if it shows the lack of quality young players this country is creating, but Henderson is Captain of the Under 21's. For me a captain doesnt have to shout and bark orders for 90mins, he has to lead by example though and take the game by the throat and try and make/force the game in your teams favour. Not once has JH done, or looked like he could do this for us. Could this been down to him not having the bottle to do so?

I dont think this team has enough leaders on the pitch, i dont see Adam, Henderson, Downing or Enrique being the type of players who will inspire the team or drag the team out the shite when its needed. Not saying these players are crap, just dont think they have the mentality to inspire the players around them to work that 10% harder. I know this shouldnt just be placed on the new players (to inspire) but when you buy a bunch of new players who have been the spine of our team this season, i do believe any 'mental weakness' shown (especially from players who have played 80%+ of our games) can filter through to the rest of the team.

If we can get Gerrard fit for the rest of the season, i want to see him play further up the field, not in this deep lying role he has played since his goal and return against Newcastle. We all know what he can do and it could be one of SG inspirational moments that can help the new players to show a bit more balls and help the team start believing we can score when we are in the final 3rd.

Have I been whooshed or are you really a massive cunt?

Around this time 3 years ago we were thrashing teams like Real Madrid and Man Utd under the expert guidance of Rafael Benitez. Now we are playing dreadfully and under Kenny our form is Hodgsonesque, though at least he had the excuse of not having much money to spend.

We need a world class modern manager like Rafa to take us back to where we belong, back to being kings of Europe once again.

If you disagree with this you clearly don't have the club's best interests at heart, but instead you're peddling your own agenda.

Around this time 3 years ago we were thrashing teams like Real Madrid and Man Utd under the expert guidance of Rafael Benitez. Now we are playing dreadfully and under Kenny our form is Hodgsonesque' date=' though at least he had the excuse of not having much money to spend.

We need a world class modern manager like Rafa to take us back to where we belong, back to being kings of Europe once again.

If you disagree with this you clearly don't have the club's best interests at heart, but instead you're peddling your own agenda.[/quote']

If this post was not so fuckin stupid I'd actually waste some time to argue it.

Yeah ,those shit players and shit tactics that tore Arsenal apart 5 days earlier ...bit revisionist no ??

And here was me thinking I had written that tactics weren't the problem.

Sure glad those same players tore Sunderland apart in the same fashion, though. We might have lost those two games otherwise....

I think Section made a very good point earlier.

I am (fortunately/unfortunately) old enough to remember the glory years and although I'm desperate for a return to those days, and my heart breaks a little more with every draw/loss to mid-table or relegation fodder, I look at this Liverpool side and think it is not even in the same room as those sides of the 70s and 80s. So having waited 22 years for a Championship now, I realise or more accurately simply accept, that there is still a lot of work to be done. I've waited this long and, unfortunately, will have to wait a little longer. Putting Hodgson to one side, managers need time. Houllier was given some and so was Rafa. Kenny hasn't even completed a full season this time around. Mistakes? Certainly. Wasted money? Sure. Fixable? Yeah, why the fuck not! When you compare the so-called spunking of money on transfers with the astronomical day-to-day wage bill of good, bad and indifferent players in the PL, large monetary figures, often "wasted", are just a shitful, inexplicable part of modern day football (particularly when you think Tommy Smith's treasure trove of winners' medals could only fetch 140,000 quid!).

We are still 5 years shy of the 27-year drought United had between Championships. It took Ferguson 7 years to land the title. He was a third round FA Cup tie away from getting the sack in 1990 (although Bobby Charlton et al now conveniently say that wasn't the case) and look at the story 22 years later.

Have faith, have a moan as well for sure, but above all I'm afraid, have patience. Patience isn't easy. That's why it's a virtue.