You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an Italian friend of mine keeps point out Mancini is utter shit as a manager. He's found himself in very fortunate positions in his career, he inherited a position at Inter just as the fall out from all the scandal in Italy effectively removed any serious competition.

He's then moved onto City where he's effectively had limitless funds and managed to put a side together that was 8 points clear to being 8 points behind in little more than a couple of months.

As much entertainment as Balottelli is he's clearly a nut case and cannot possible be relied upon.

I'd be very suprised if Mancini isn't shown the door in the summer.

That fucking penalty in the scum QPR game was one of the most blatant pieces of match-fixing you'll ever see. The linesman doesn't flag for the offside yet he clearly sees it. Straight red?? It's fucking scandalous.

Whats the point complaining about what goes on anymore though.

Nobody does anything about it. Its fucking clear to see United have been getting games handed to them on a plate for at least 10 years now and anyone who says otherwise is biased, delusional or a fucking retard.

But nobody in a position of power who could potentially do something about it will.

The rest of the clubs in the league are hamstrung by the bullshit rules imposed by the governing bodies to the extent that complaining about anything could result in fuck only knows what consequences.

I used to hear people say they are done with football and roll my eyes because I thought it was overly dramatic. But truth be told I'm getting that way myself.

I've seen this shit going on for years now, I've seen good Reds too excuse it over the years like fucking saps because they had agendas to push.

I'm sick of it. Football in England is a fucking joke and the populus is so fucking stupid it will only end when someone who has the cojones exposes it once and for all to the extent that the Scum rag reading retards who populate half the land can't deny it anymore.

Whats the point complaining about what goes on anymore though.

Nobody does anything about it. Its fucking clear to see United have been getting games handed to them on a plate for at least 10 years now and anyone who says otherwise is biased, delusional or a fucking retard.

But nobody in a position of power who could potentially do something about it will.

The rest of the clubs in the league are hamstrung by the bullshit rules imposed by the governing bodies to the extent that complaining about anything could result in fuck only knows what consequences.

I used to hear people say they are done with football and roll my eyes because I thought it was overly dramatic. But truth be told I'm getting that way myself.

I've seen this shit going on for years now, I've seen good Reds too excuse it over the years like fucking saps because they had agendas to push.

I'm sick of it. Football in England is a fucking joke and the populus is so fucking stupid it will only end when someone who has the cojones exposes it once and for all to the extent that the Scum rag reading retards who populate half the land can't deny it anymore.

Says it all really.

C'est la Vie.... we gave the league a damn good go, didn't quite have enough in the end. It happens.

As for the state the game (in general), great Wigan caller on Talk Sport talking sense:

What genuine fan of fair play wouldn't spare a minute or so to make sure the right decision was made?

Sure it MIGHT disrupt flow (but could it be any more than 6'2 men rolling around having tripped over fresh air?).

The Wigan fan's point was this... and I have to agree....

Whilst the leading teams get decisions in their favour, THEY are not going to be in support of video evidence or retrospective punishment. Turkey's don't vote for xmas. Also, the Premier League (and UEFA) are about big clubs (of which Liverpool are one, just to be fair - albeit seemingly not liked by the powers that be) want to promote the big boys around the world. The whole 'marketing model' works on the big brands of United, Liverpool, Arsenal et al. It simply wouldn't be good business for them to go against the big clubs.

I watch Rugby League, it's exciting, they have video evidence. I watch formula one (it's exciting for some) - they have video evidence, even cricket has it... to make it MORE sexy!....

But football? oh no, it's perfect (says Blatter and his co-horts), we love the continuous flow of play (oh yeah?) and the 'human error' (do we?)

I hand on heart accept that all clubs at some point have benefited from cheating / diving / referee mistakes, but I can also say they've been robbed by them too. On the balance of play, I'd just rather win or lose a game knowing it was fair.

Sadly 'fair play' is less important than 'football entertainment' - which says it all. Footballs no longer a 'sport' (where players don't try to con the refs), it's about 'viewers' (where the REAL money is). It's about advertising schedules (where delays in the game would ruin the schedule) and it's about not biting the hand that feeds you (the big clubs).

If Ferguson and co can hand-on-heart say they win the league fairly each year then fair enough. I don't think I could stomach it if I was a united player, ts not a fair fight, what joy can you get from that?

If these United players, many of them English, are so good then I look forward to the Euro 2012 win this Summer that they therefore will lead us to.

If Ferguson and co can hand-on-heart say they win the league fairly each year then fair enough. I don't think I could stomach it if I was a united player, ts not a fair fight, what joy can you get from that?

If these United players, many of them English, are so good then I look forward to the Euro 2012 win this Summer that they therefore will lead us to.

All of our teams do it. Micah Richards is a shocker for diving. It brasses me off, especially half the time, if he hadn't dived he might had bloody scored!

We as fans need to take some responsibility too, and call out these players.

There's nothing classier than an honest player. There just isn't. And, this is a BIG call, a truly big call.... but if it was a CL final, and you could win it from a controversial penalty... and your player said "no, I fell over" - wouldn't you feel some pride that YOUR club was watched by the world and showed real sportsmanship?

Easy to say I know, and maybe you'd say "sod it, we'll the trophy) but still - I do think there's something in that. It would never be forgotten that's for sure.

I agree with you there, though many won't.

I don't remember many things about DI Canio, but I'll always remember him catching that ball to stop play.

Thing is, me and you can't ever relate to a footballer, so I've no idea how they think, how educated they really are, or if they ever really developed emotionally. I think if you ran a battery of psychological tests on modern day footballers then you'd find some very unsettled and incomplete young men. Just treated and made to feel special from age 8, pampered, excuses made, no real-world worries.

Fair play and enjoyment, that has to be the base of why you take part in competitive sport.