You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I usually like Quinn but I have revised my opinion and branded him as an absolute cunt for even beginning to justify Mason giving that penalty.

For christ's sake, he's only just left Man City, he's trying to seem impartial and he's still not denied it wasn't a pen, so I don't see the need for so much vitriol.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will probably barely even be mentioned after the game how much the referee influenced this match. It was like when they came back from 3-0 down at Chelsea. All the headlines afterwards were about what an amazing comeback from United it was with no mention that it mainly came about because of two laughable penalties that no other team in the league would have been awarded. All you ever get is the odd reference that they get a few generous decisions but until more is made of it it will continue to happen and they'll continue to win the league most seasons no matter how many average players they have.

For christ's sake, he's only just left Man City, he's trying to seem impartial and he's still not denied it wasn't a pen, so I don't see the need for so much vitriol.

What does this mean?

If he wants to be fair let him be fair. He isn't being impartial at all then is he? If he is trying to favour Man Utd in his analysis? He's talking absolute fucking bollocks. Saying that he is talking absolute bollocks is not "vitriolic" towards him. It is cowardly of him though.

I think the media should be held to account for their complicity as well. They are very quick to applaud SirAlex and his mind games, very quick to point out the influence his mind games can have on the managers, but they are very quiet when it comes to the affect that those same mind games have on Referee's!

For 19 clubs in the premiership when a manager makes a contentious statement they do so in front of media who will call them on it, Wenger, Kenny, Mancini, AVB and Arry have all been called to account for statements made in press conferences, yet when Alex makes contentious statements he does so in front a hand picked media room (because any dissenting voices have been banished).

So he gets all his support for his mind games which would not work without a complicit media adhering to his narrative, and the media ignores the stink around dodgy decision making. You don't even have to hide behind interpretation, how many times has Atkinson been in charge since Fergie called him? How many times has Webb been in charge in the same period?

All decisions and their importance are decided by the media, as we saw with Suarez, the media are in their pockets because they are the biggest and a cash cow.

bringing back scholes been a master stroke

Well, when every midfield in the world seems to be set up to sit off him as much as they possibly can and give him a century to pick out every pass, its not going to be too hard is it.

Fulham are the only team who got in and about him and thats why they should have picked up at least a point there. That is, before the officials helped them out again...

If Man City had any sense they'd kick up a shitstorm over some of the decisions that have gone United's way lately, but they won't. Cause no one ever does, and even if someone has the balls to do it, they're accused of being a Ranting Lunatic.

We don't say fuck all about all the decisions that have gone against us. Especially the decisions this year.

What does this mean?

If he wants to be fair let him be fair. He isn't being impartial at all then is he? If he is trying to favour Man Utd in his analysis? He's talking absolute fucking bollocks. Saying that he is talking absolute bollocks is not "vitriolic" towards him. It is cowardly of him though.

Bloody hell, what an overreaction. Hansen's just the same on MOTD. Lineker sets him up to seem biased and he overcompensates. Why on earth get so wound up about it? In this amoral modern football world, Quinn is one of the good guys.

Man City?

Anyone attempting to justify that decision is talking shit. It's not being impartial, its talking utter bollocks.

If Man City had any sense they'd kick up a shitstorm over some of the decisions that have gone United's way lately, but they won't. Cause no one ever does, and even if someone has the balls to do it, they're accused of being a Ranting Lunatic.

The time to do it is when a team was WON the league (won't be City).

If you do it after losing it, you're 'bitter'.

It's just as bad at the bottom too, it truly influencing the future of clubs.

City ran out of steam, pure and simple. United chugged along and did what they do best, won games the scrappy way when they needed to. Fair play to them.

It's just all tarnished by the decisions. United 'probably' would have won today. But what a nice way to settle the nerves with a penalty and a sending off eh?

I'd like to think that United have just clawed their last league title for a while... by squeezing the last drops from their aging squad. I don't think I could stand another 20 years of it. It's not good for the game in general.

Bloody hell, what an overreaction. Hansen's just the same on MOTD. Lineker sets him up to seem biased and he overcompensates. Why on earth get so wound up about it? In this amoral modern football world, Quinn is one of the good guys.

I agree, Hansen is the same regarding us on MOTD. But I can't imagine him ever trying to justify a decision like that. I agree Quinn is one of the good guys, I've always liked him and still do. But in justifying that he just looked a bit stupid. To assert that somebody could spin somebody around in the air so easily was just silly.

I guess the getting wound up part has nothing really to do with him or his comments. Its more attributable to watching blatant cheating so often and sometimes it does get to a football fan. If anything its ruined the game and I think QPR could have given these cunts a decent one.

Standard stuff really. Give one huge game changing decision in United's favour, then appear to seem neutral by giving a few utterly inconsequential decisions the other way.

Spot on.

You might be a bit too young (dont know) but there was a season, about 15 years ago, when United were 'asked' to drop out of a cup competition, it MIGHT have been FA Cup, otherwise the league cup... to go and play a tournament in South America.

When the FA 'ask favours' from a club, it opens up a can of worms if/when United ever remind them of that favour. And of course, they chose United because, like I said... they are the 'master brand'.

I saw Chelsea 100% robbed in a Semi-Final with Barcelona about 5 years ago. Another game where the decisions weren't just poor, the only thing stopping folks assuming money exchanged was the theory 'surely you'd try and hide it a bit better' - so it must be genuine error.

Standard stuff really. Give one huge game changing decision in United's favour, then appear to seem neutral by giving a few utterly inconsequential decisions the other way.

haha yeah.

Its so transparent its unreal.

Webb is the worst ever, how no Pundits ever bring it up is a disgrace. But I'd say most are too stupid to notice.

Webb will give United soft free kicks in loads of dangerous positions and will give the opposition loads of ridiculously soft frees in the middle of the park. Blatantly obviously trying to make the stats look fair.

Its just a joke its never brought up and asked why that is.

I agree, Hansen is the same regarding us on MOTD. But I can't imagine him ever trying to justify a decision like that. I agree Quinn is one of the good guys, I've always liked him and still do. But in justifying that he just looked a bit stupid. To assert that somebody could spin somebody around in the air so easily was just silly.

I guess the getting wound up part has nothing really to do with him or his comments. Its more attributable to watching blatant cheating so often and sometimes it does get to a football fan. If anything its ruined the game and I think QPR could have given these cunts a decent one.

When you watch the replay, the defender's hand is 'open'... he's not pulling on a shirt, plus, it's out of the ref's view. The feet of both players don't even come close.... so:

Why would the referee give a penalty for something he couldn't see? I understood that unless he ABSOLUTELY saw the foul, he can't assume it (and therefore give it). He's assumed a tug.

Also, I don't think the player protested because he knew he'd been stitched up like a kipper... sometimes there's just no point in arguing when you know you'd been done! Yet the pundits (initially) tried to use this to justify the correct decision... 'no complaints from him'. Morons

Didn't the FA change the rules he other day so that you could no longer give a red AND a penalty for the same offence?

Anyway, set of cunts, laughable, i hope Bobby Charlton gets the worst AIDS, the one from Philadelphia.

Lee Mason would be arrested in another country.