You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another "human error" gifts them another title. Rafa called them out on it and gets accused of being mental. What is wrong with this country?

This, for me, is the most baffling aspect of it all. That almost everyone is happy to just accept it, and/or view those that think corruption might exist in the game as crazy conspiracists.

United are a fine footballing side, and I doubt City quite have in them to win the league this time around (if ever) but we gave it a damn good go....

But

It's just heartbreaking to see stuff like this happening it crucial games, it's not fair on QPR never mind City.

By the end of the season, United will have won the league and all the 'but you had lucky decisions go for' claims will all be forgotten about / denied.

I'm not a bitter blue. It's just depressing when it seems you have to battle a fine team AND refereeing fiascos.

Sooner or later there needs to be retrospective punishment. If you're caught punching a guy, you'll get banned later... but if you get caught diving, it's ok?

AND, AND...

maybe, just maybe... if cricket can have dodgy goings on, if Rugby can, and if Italian football can... then why can't the money laden 'richest league in the world' have it?

It seems a bit naive to believe 'it just can't happen'.

Never mind some of the pundits with 'the slightest of touches'... as though there were possible grounds for a penalty.

Hughesy's not allowed to moan about, Martinez will be in trouble for having moaned about it yesterday, but the FA are allowed to praise refs to the high hilt.

It's bollox lads, just bollox!

Guest TK-421

This manc side is wank. I've been saying it, they are only winning it this year because of the Man City collapse and generosity from the officials. It's a sham 20th title but they all count I suppose.

Nothings going to change until sir shitty kecks either retires or dies, and he is too arrogant to retire.

It won't change. If people think that when Ferguson retires United will be scrapping around in mid-table and getting nothing from refs then they're kidding themselves. Mourinho will be in charge there next and things will just carry on as normal. They'll reach 30 titles before anyone gets to 20 I reckon. Everything is just too set up in their favour now.

Thsi baldy cunt, Mason, is from Bolton in Greater Manchester. I have yet to see a referee from Merseyside officiate at either a Liverpool or Everton game. Wasn't Mike Dean stopped from refereeing the 2006 Cup Final because his 'impartiality' might be questioned as Liverpool were one of the finalists?

The whole game stinks whenever Ferguson's fuckpigs play. I really do not believe that they have won a trophy without some subterfuge or corruption helping them along the way. Utter cunts!

This, for me, is the most baffling aspect of it all. That almost everyone is happy to just accept it, and/or view those that think corruption might exist in the game as crazy conspiracists.

It odds are HUGELY in favour of it existing, there's too much money involved. The question is, to what extent, and how widespread.

Well done Neville (I have to admit) for saying it's a crap decision... mind you, easy to say when it's worked out in your favour

True . The majority of people are not that concerned about the internal workings of the game, don't really follow football or support teams that are not in the frame for major honours. Utd and Slur are widely admired by average Joe for what they have achieved and those who seek to accuse the FA Officals of favouritism or corruption are regarded as reactionary or bitter and twisted. I don't know what the answer is and unless the media really make a concerted effort to turn the spotlight on this shit I cant see that its going to change. And by the way Quinn is a thick cunt.

Even in the face of a decision as ridiculous as that, people are still trying to play it down. Niall Quinn in the studio talking absolute bollocks. Derry put his hand on Young (literally, just rested his hand on him) and Quinn is acting as if he is fucking he-man.

Apparently Derry is the only human being on earth who can "spin around" a grown man in the air by resting his hand on him.

Fucking embarrassing dive, he wasn't impeded in any way.

It odds are HUGELY in favour of it existing, there's too much money involved. The question is, to what extent, and how widespread.

There doesn't need to be a huge amount to have a huge influence. For e.g, three or four abysmal decisions from one or two refs can easily decide the title.

That said, there is no reason why it can't be widespread.

I've got no sympathy for QPR really as they, like more than half the league, just shit themselves, give up, and then pour sycophantic praise onto United post match. Its embarrassing. It often feels as if opposition managers are honoured to have been beaten by them.

Don't think I'm overly bitter either, as we're going to finish 40 points off top whoever wins the title, and its not like we're in a position to be challenging any time soon. Its just fucking horrible to see such obvious corruption within a sport I love.

That is another scandalous decision in their favour.

It happens season after season. At the crunch time they get that extra leg up from the officials. That is a title winning decision from Mason there. It happens time and time again. Disgraceful bent Manc cunt, him and his Lino need to be shot in the face for that. And let's just see if Young gets hammered like Carroll and Suarez have been. I hope someone breaks his cunting legs.

It won't change. If people think that when Ferguson retires United will be scrapping around in mid-table and getting nothing from refs then they're kidding themselves. Mourinho will be in charge there next and things will just carry on as normal. They'll reach 30 titles before anyone gets to 20 I reckon. Everything is just too set up in their favour now.

You're right. It won't change. It's not Fergie that's to blame... not really.

There WAS a time, when Liverpool were top dogs and it seemed things went in your favour a bit, (and I suspect they did) but primarily from the atmosphere at Anfield...

But since those days (and no disrespect here), the Premier League has been born and CL has transformed the old European Cup into an 'advertising platform'.

Football in Liverpool's prime was still about football, but now it's about money. Man United = money.

I know Liverpool are a huge club, and I definitely don't mean to offend, but Man United are the FA's pride and joy. The represent (in the FA's eyes) the best hope of winning things, the best 'brand' and the best example of how to make money.

It's just a shame that's all. A crying shame

I don't see what's wrong with Quinn. He was one of the most decent people in the game and now (to a manc audience expecting him to be biased) he's just trying to be fair as a pundit.

Trying to deny the obvious to be "fair" and find reasons why Mason may have thought it was a penalty isn't going to help stop this . Giving refs a hard time for doing this shit may make them think twice.

I know , wishful thinking.